PC Pc, Playstation, Xbox | Derailment Bug Still Present On All Routes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheNoGamer44, Aug 17, 2022.

1. TheNoGamer44

TheNoGamer44 Well-Known Member

Derailment bug and a significant gap between wagons
    I want to get straight to the point, the random derailment bug is still present on all TSW 2 routes!
    What is happening?
    Since the release of Spirit of Steam, all routes and trains got a 'new' bug! The margin or gap between each wagon increased by a bit, which causes random derailment while braking, accelerating or even after spawning into a service.

What might be the cause?
    The cause must be the newly introduced gap between the wagons, primarily noticeable on German and American freight trains. German trains make a clonking sound when driving through curves or over junctions, which wasn't there before.

When using the dynamic brake or locomotive brake, all the wagons coupled to the locomotive will clash against the wagon in front, causing random derailment. That is not realistic.

upload_2022-8-17_14-18-13.png

How to reproduce?

There is no method to replicate the exact derailment at the precise position however, following the steps below will increase the chance of getting this problem.
    • Fully apply the dynamic brake and train brake
    • Accelerate quickly
    • Use wet or icy weather conditions
    • Drive a heavy train (freight train)
    upload_2022-8-17_14-30-25.png

This is a game-breaking bug since it prevents everyone from playing the game without the fear of a random derailment.

• Like Like x 5
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, this is a huge issue that affects the whole of TSW2 and one would assume will affect the whole of TSW3 too. It really is the highest priority of bugs to be fixed. I would suggest even more important and urgent than the save game.

I would suggest reverting to what there was before the change as it seems to have only caused issues and has no visible benefits. Why was it changed in the first place? Has anyone heard or read an explanation? It has rendered many trains unplayable or unpleasant to drive. Not just derailments but all the other issues noted in the linked post above.

• Like Like x 4
  3. TheNoGamer44

TheNoGamer44 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it has something to do with Spirit of Steam wagons so that they won't clip into each other or something like that.
    Other than that, I don't know.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I just made a separate post about derailments on SPG before seeing this:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/spg-derailments.57514/

So I couldn't agree more, this is a pretty big problem. It does seem like it is related to the "fix" for SOS; perhaps that patch should be removed so only one route is affected, instead of many.

5. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread but here’s a video of this bug in action about a week ago on HSC:

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The core of the problem seems to be buffers (the coupler assemblies on US trains) which decompress with excessive force, creating a wave of 'shoves' which travels along the train and if severe enough causes a derailment.

7. Champsith

Champsith Member

Similar thing literally just happened to me on HSC. Applied a little more dynamic brake and came off again few seconds later just got launched into literal orbit! Was only recording because I was going round the curve lucky I did.

• Like Like x 8
  8. :o:o:o:o:o

Undoubtedly the most epic derailment in tsw history.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  9. NateDogg7a

Yeah, no problem, nothing to see here...

Move along, move along.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

:love:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

WOW, creative derailment animation. Tons of TNT in those containers? :o

• Like Like x 2
  12. Champsith

Champsith Member

Must've been!! The wagons are still orbiting the planet as we speak....

13. I'm wondering what have dtg done to the derailment physics? In the early days of tsw when a train derailed it was pretty much the same as a rl derailment. Now the trains take to the skies! Why would you even do this dtg?

14. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Great effort, Sam would be proud! :cool:

Seriously though, this sort of thing needs fixing ASAP.

15. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s actually shocking with the pictures and videos. I sure hope that gets fixed very soon!

16. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Any updates on this please devs?

DTG Alex said here https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-update-notes-2nd-august-2022.56961/

upload_2022-8-22_15-47-39.png

But, the problem is so much more widespread than this - affecting most routes. It's just happened to me on Dresden-Chemnitz on the DB85303 autozug (BR185 MRCE from DRA) about 10 km after leaving Chemnitz. I tried again and no derailment, so very hard to reproduce unfortunately.

I also noticed this gap with the autozug couplers:

20220822154139_1.jpg

17. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I had 3 derailments at the weekend. All were in Dresden Chemnitz Route and all were running the Railpool 185. They all happened going downhill and they were all caused by running with AFB. It seemed it would start to brake and then derail running at linespeed.

2 of these happened in the Freight scenario (Can‘t remember the name but I think there is only one). The other in a Service - can‘t remember which one.

In 2 out of 3 cases I was able to reload a save game and complete the run. This is why, in my opinion, it‘s crazy to remove the save game feature in TSW3 while the derail bug still exists. Even if the save function is broken, it‘s better than not having one at all. It worked for me on this occasion.

Playing on PC.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  18. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Ah, Good point - using the AFB might have caused my derailment on my first run, as the second time I left everything off just to try to get a vid clip - and no derailment. There's only a handful of freight runs on DCZ so we might have been on the same one.

19. rkkg

rkkg New Member

Bought DCZ for PS today and had a derailment when spawning the Class 143 on the 1315 S3 "preparation" service.

Tried a few times and it kept happening

20. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Looks like you´re trying to activate the already derailed dosto unit in Freiberg. Sorry to rain the parade: You just might have paid for a well know bug on DCZ (hey, that´s Life). But still, there´s lots of good stuff to play on DCZ, just not this one.

Train Sim World 2_20220630183431.jpg Train Sim World 2_20220630183351.jpg Train Sim World 2_20220630183313.jpg

21. BigH

BigH Active Member

Will the Derailment bug hit me even if i don´t own SOS? Been away from the game for a while.

22. NateDogg7a

Yes. I don't own SOS either. But the "patch" was global.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yes, it will. An ill-conceived patch from DTG caused more damage than it fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Subway#2400

Subway#2400 Active Member

I just derailed -again- with the BR766.2 Dosto on Nahverkehr Dresden :( It's a lottery, you never know if you'll make it to the end of your trip.

25. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

The derailments and buffer issues are hopefully fixed ASAP. There should be no new DLC release until this is fixed!

26. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - this is an issue we're aware of and are actively working on. For a little more context about the investigation and what our current plan is, there's more here:

• Like Like x 1
  27. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

28. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

In the above picture, with the Mk2 coaches the buffer gap is correct and accurate. These coaches along with the Mk1s and 3s have retractable buffers that are retracted when coupling with the buckeyes, the buckeyes and corridor connection act as the coupling and buffer for the train.

When coupling to the locomotive, the buffers are extended into use with hook and chain coupling system. Here there is an error as the buffers overlap each other, this is long standing TSW error since the very first game.