Xbox Spg Derailments

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by NateDogg7a, Aug 18, 2022.

1. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Driving an Autorack to Cumberland I had an unexpected derail on the horseshoe curve just east of the crossing at Mance. I was in dynamics with light auto and just below the speed limit. Having saved at Sand Patch, I reloaded and this time got into the dynamic brake earlier with no auto, but still derailed. On the third try I made it through.

Then I derailed at the same spot with an eastbound coal train. This time I was about 15 mph with mid-rande dynamic braking; no reattempt was made.

Now, I have made many runs on SPG with no derailments. I have even been in a head-on collision, and taken the light helpers down the grade at breakneck speeds, and not derailed. So, it seems there is a problem. I have also heard about derailments using dynamic braking on other routes such as HSC. Perhaps this is related to the recent SOS update that is causing all the derailments? Hopefully this issue will not get carried over to Cajon Pass with no save feature.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I’ve had a few in HSC lately under exact conditions. Downhill, automatic brake in minimum, 25-30mph, dynamic around half. Not sure about yours but mine usually happens right after I increase dynamics.