New U.s Route Speculation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Suryaaji#2369, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

According to today's Roadmap, there is a new US Route in development by DTG. The code is 3.NBB-R7 01, what do you think guys? Another section/stretch from Amtrak's NEC?

• Like Like x 3
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Maybe also njt where appropriate. We will have to wait and see. I would happily take another section of the nec with a new train

3. seanyu#4909

seanyu#4909 New Member

Maybe New Haven Line with Acela and M8 in AC section.

• Like Like x 1
  4. i hope its the Morristown Line with NJCL i would love to see NJ Transit in the game

5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Could it be from a section of Connecticut shoreline east and New York penn station?

6. ctsl railfan

ctsl railfan Active Member

i'd say it could be the keystone line, since they already have all the rolling stock pretty much ready for this route.

7. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Neither have enough trains and you need the mainline for both. I’d like to see njcl to Woodbridge the m&e to Newark broad st and mainline to Trenton

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That means a SEPTA license with a Reskinned ACS-64. New builds Silverliner IV & V Comet II-IV CRRC Dosto MLV III Septa paint. Of these SEPTA trains, only Comet II-IV & MLV III can be reskinned as NJ Transit paint for NEC Trenton New Brunswick NY Penn. Dual mode Raritan Valley Line High Bridge/Raritan to NY Penn.

9. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

I hope it’s NJ Transit, but another part of the NEC would be cool

• Like Like x 1
  10. nepclassof84

You do realize that if it is the mainline it would both right. The nec includes nj transit to Trenton

• Like Like x 1
  11. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Since the Route and loco might might come out at the same time and since is all about time and cost, I think the next route US and loco will be Washington to Baltimore and the Acela. Lots of us keep asking for WCML and ECML and they pretty much have said is not going to happen do to time and cost. I would put the NEC anywhere from Philadelphia to New haven on that category of it would take time and money to make. The Washington to Baltimore section is not busy and I about 40 miles. I does have a speedlimit of 125mph much of the route to make use of the Acela. Freight would be layered in from other routes. I don’t they have h license for MARC so won’t see them. This route would be mostly for Amtrak and they have depot near Washington. I hope I’m wrong but after all I have Been hearing about time and cost this would be the cheapest and fastest route for the. Acela.At the end is All speculation. I have attached some pictures from TSC Washington/Baltimore route

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  12. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

I have got a couple of speculations as to what the route could be.

1. NYP-Trenton (Amtrak & NJT)

2. NYP-NH (Amtrak & Metro-North)

3. Phila-Trenton (Amtrak & SEPTA)

4. Chicago-South Bend (South Shore Line) (Least likely)

It could also be some other NJT Route like the Morristown, Gladstone, or Montclair-Boonton lines from Hoboken. Or it could also be the North Jersey Coast Line down to Long Branch.

As for SEPTA, it could really be any route but most likely would be Trenton to 30th Street, another option could also be the Lansdale/Doylestown Line or the Paoli/Thorndale Line, with Amtrak Keystone Services running express along the route.

I just really hope it includes NJT or SEPTA, would bring something new to the game for sure.

13. nepclassof84

The station is in Washington bwi airport new Carrollton and Baltimore.

It wouldn’t be as fun without Marc. With Marc extend the line from perryville md and you have the entire Marc line to dc

however that would be a problem for Amtrak as realistically services wouldn’t start in perryville.

Newark Delaware to dc would make more sense with Amtrak and Marc.

route #2 would potentially be Newark de to nyc with Amtrak septa and njt services. Septa runs Newark to Philly and Philly to Trenton.

Not to confuse Newark pronounced new-ark de with Newark nj pronounced nooerk

This is all my opinion speculation and wish list.

14. nepclassof84

If you are going to do the coast line it should go to bay head junction. There are yards in bay head long branch south amboy and Matawan … a small number of trains originate terminate in south amboy and matawan. Ny Penn trains yard in sunny side or in the depot. Would make for interesting yard moves.

there is a couple local freights that work the coast line even today.

you need the nec main line from Rahway to ny Penn to do the coast line properly

Njcl has locals to long branch south amboy and matawan plus shuttle trains from long branch to bay head. There are also rush hour trains to nyc and Hoboken from both bay head and long branch. They typically run local to a point then express to Newark and ny Penn. same in the opposite direction.

the other lines you mention either need ny Penn and the mainline to just before Newark or Hoboken and the old Lackawanna main line

Not quite as much volume or variety on those lines

15. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Praying for Philly - New York
    (About 100 miles)

16. trainmasteraiden

trainmasteraiden Active Member

Probably Metra Milwaukee District West Line And North Central Service

17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I would love to see mixed freight-passenger route eg some classic from CSX territory. We got CJP so maybe its time to next one R8 comparisson with. A-Line? BR o7

18. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Ik, I meant if it was focused on nj transit or the northeast corridor

19. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

NY Philly or Baltimore I pray, maybe with the Princeton branch and the CCCC

20. MAX1319

So now that we know the US loco thats coming out is the Acela.I know the announcement so far just mentions the Boston Sprinter which means about 9 services one way, I think they have more plans for the Acela.
    I believe the next US route will also layer in the Acela with another 11 services. This would mean a route from Philadelphia to Penn station. I don’t think this will happen though.On the other hand we have The NJ transit North East Corridor Line would be a complete line, Trenton to Penn station. This NJT main line is about 57mile in length. They can do similar service to other branches like they did with the london commuter. So let me break it down. This service pattern is from Penn station to:
    They can include services from the north jersey coast line branch which is 38 services one way to Rahway station.The AI would continue the service.
    The Morris Essex which would terminate for the player at Newark broad street with 55 services one way. The AI would continue the service.
    The Montclair service would terminate a Newark broad street with 21 services one way. AI could continue after.
    The Ratitan branch 8 services one way that terminate a Newark Penn
    NEC branch would have 96 services in total one way. This includes 14 to jersey avenue,1 to Princeton,1 to New Brunswick, and 27 to Rahway.
    Amtrack 37 services one way.service would terminate at Trenton including the Acela
    15 northeast regional,11 keystone, and 11 Acela.now I know the Acela only has one service that stops at Trenton but this would be the compromise to include the service so we can have it on this route. I know this is all speculation but if it is the NJT that we are getting , the branch that makes the most sense to come over to TSW3 is the NEC branch which is the busiest
    In total including AI we are looking at around 510 services if this was to plan out. BC682F9D-AB30-4980-A98C-B81813B88FE0.jpeg B7F58A29-1FF4-4CB2-A055-45B57DBB4787.jpeg

21. nepclassof84

The number of services would be much higher.

Amtrak also has long distance trains in addition to Acela and regional services. There are many more Acela services 1 per hour at least each way during the day

the coast line is around double what you mentioned I don’t know the volume of the others but it could be higher

I’d love to see coast line go as far as south amboy which is three stops past Rahway on the coast line (avenel isn’t much of a stop but 4 if you count it)

It’s all speculation though whether this is the route or not. I hope it is

22. MAX1319

I got all the information from current timetable. I didn’t include the Amtrak long distance trains which amount to about 5 services (see the timetable below) since the use a different loco. Below is the current Acela schedule for next Friday from Philadelphia to Penn station. Shows 9 services. I don’t mind if they add more in the game but currently thats what the actual timetable is. You an also look at the NJT timetable and check out to see what the possible total services can be https://www.njtransit.com/schedules/printable 9662A112-695F-441D-9F19-4DD6CDE8EC02.png 12C2665B-F155-47F2-908B-4A4D75D71645.jpeg 7CE13AC8-9FC7-4FDA-A61D-83C25DC63F05.jpeg
    CBD9956C-EB8A-445A-82A1-630B52EB4C42.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  23. nepclassof84

There’s actually roughly 40 acelas a day heading west nyc to dc and the same heading back. To coastline itself has about 70 trains to/from the city. The nec is busier than that. The rvl has the least volume with the Morris and Montclair in the middle

I just checked the Acela schedule for 1/3 which has 43 trains from ny to Philly

24. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

i'm predicting that it could be NJ Transit Morris/Esssex Division Dover-Hoboken-NY Penn and Gladstone or the North Jersey Coast Line from Bay Head- Hoboken- New York Penn

25. MAX1319

If this is the morris line then here's what the schedule would look like. I highlighted Dover,Newark broad street and Penn station to give a better idea on how busy the main station would be. I counted 55 services to Penn station a day from the Morris line. and 39 services to Penn station from the North jersey Coast line branch. If you are correct that would mean a total of 188 services from these two branches. The NEC branch from Trenton alone is about 96 services to Penn for a total of 192

upload_2022-12-30_11-12-30.png upload_2022-12-30_11-15-10.png upload_2022-12-30_11-20-36.png

26. henrydemyan

henrydemyan New Member

27. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

It could be the the north east corridor new London or new Haven Connecticut to New York including Connecticut shoreline east and metro north trains.