A Spirit Of Steam Idea But Not Sure If It Would Work

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by blueyes#8657, Nov 11, 2022.

1. blueyes#8657

blueyes#8657 Member

Bring out a dlc locomotive for spirit of steam like a br standard 4mt tank and with this update fix all of Liverpool to Crewe bugs like the ai trains going through red lights, being off route when you are not, no smoke coming from ai trains, wrong head codes, no tail lamps on and no chuffing sounds on ai trains (all problems listed are problems still on ps4)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They can't fix all the bugs. There is no such thing as a perfect game. If you mean the gamebreaking bugs, fine but they can't go in and fix everything. And before that loco releases, dtg needs to release manual firing and an update to the safeties constantly screaming at you which they promised when sos released

4. Dath Vater 208

Yeah, I mean game-breaking bugs.

5. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

And long before that, DTG should finally take care of the annoying "Service failure" and "Scenario failure" so that the route is playable again. Everything else makes absolutely no sense.

6. Dath Vater 208

What failures? Sounds like something seriously bad...

7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Some AI or whatever causes many services and scenarios to fail with the message Service failure or Scenario failure.
    You can't do anything against it, the message just appears, even if your train stands still in the station and doesn't move.
    This is indeed bad because you can't use your content for who knows how many weeks or months.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

SoS seems to have been abandoned, no real news on fixes to bugs that were present in TSW2 and just carried over. The steam physics which were poor anyway now even worse in TSW3. They can't even make a buffet or restaurant car for the consists let alone any new locos.

9. Dath Vater 208

Now I understand. I thought this was something new, like entire routes failing or sth. Thank you

10. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

SoS need for sure some fixing and polishing. I mean... TSW3 is running on UE but in case of SoS its quite poor what we get to see there.
    The locos itself and the steam look not really good for a game in year 2020-22. I am expecting more.
    Also the sound for a steam machine of this size its sounds quite silent.
    Instead abendoning it a rework would be good. This could be also a opportunity to learn on mistakes and make it better.

11. Heerenrailfan92

Heerenrailfan92 Active Member

I thought I did something wrong the whole time. But no it was just the game

12. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

One of the things I've found annoying about AI traffic since the launch of TSW is how quickly they get to line speed, but with the AI on Spirit of Steam it's ridiculous.

13. Dath Vater 208

I found issue few months ago. The problematic part is Liverpool Lime Street turntable
    Other - I Found Cause Of Sos Random Spads | Dovetail Games Forums

• Like Like x 1
  14. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They've acknowledged the AI SPAD issue and are looking to remove the rogue train on the turntable as flagged by Dath Vater 208 - that was specifically mentioned in my support response.

They also made some changes to the blowers on the steam engines when they moved the route to SoS which were supposed to be done in conjunction with some other changes, but for some reason, not all of the changes made the update so the train performance took a hit. Again, they've acknowledged this (Matt spoke about it in a roadmap video) and are working to improve the performance of the steam systems which they'll roll out to SoS before they do any other steam routes or loco DLCs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

^^
    Make sense to do it this way. Hopefully it will do not take so long

• Like Like x 2
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well it would be nice if they fix the silent AI trains, it might not be game breaking but is ridiculously immersion breaking which is just as bad as far as I am concerned. How that even escaped the testing stage is beyond me. In the meantime SOS remains uninstalled and I won't be purchasing any more TSW steam add-ons (should they even emerge) until they do fix these immersion breaking bugs.

17. Dath Vater 208

I agree. It seems like that only player is so clumsy, that he/she has to use steam and all other people move their trains by telekinesis.

• Like Like x 1