Other I Found Cause Of Sos Random Spads

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Dath Vater 208, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

So, a little backstory: I looked for service to drive on journey mode and I found Service 3 from Chapter 7. When I was finally appraching Liverpool Lime Street I noticed AI was doing some operations on turntable. When "random" SPAD happened I was looking at those turntable operations and I had an idea. I started one of the 8F services around 8:00 am and while driving I was looking at Liverpool Turntable via map. Jubilee from Edge Hill sheds to Liverpool Lime Street went on turntable, did 180 degrees turn and cleared the turntable, gaining enough momentum, to pass signal blocking mainline entrance and SPADing at 8:26. So the problem is AI engines going off Liverpool Lome Street turntable. I tested on Edge Hill sheds-Liverpool Lime Street, that needs to turn on turntable, but it's also probably services that leave sidings as Liverpool Lime Street loco preparation. I think solution is setting AI to stay on turntable, until signal isn't "Danger" If you know how to contact to developers, please give them this information. I don't know if I'm allowed to tag them to bring their attention here.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. jackdillon37390

jackdillon37390 Member

Yeah I've just experienced the same thing at Hartford on the same service on xbox one s

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Think we need to tag DTG into this…

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you; have flagged this one to the team to investigate.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Can confirm. There’s a service from Liverpool lime street I was doing. An AI on the turntable was moving, a spad occurs shortly after that train’s manoeuvre off the turntable at the same place each time I retried the service.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dath Vater 208

I recently found one more thing-It happens only when in service mode with service assigned to player. Tried service-SPAD, then tried "on foot mode" and no problems occured.

7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

That’s something we’ve seen before with some stuck at red light issues.

8. Dath Vater 208

When I do that service (player is bound to problematic service) I have green light, like in "on foot" mode. So maybe random SPADs are caused by some kind of variant of red light bug?

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I also had a theory there is a rogue signalling link somewhere on the Down Independent at Crewe, but without access to an editor it’s impossible to go in and investigate further.

10. Dath Vater 208

So DTG has to investigate it DTG JD

11. Dath Vater 208

12. CryPosthuman

CryPosthuman Member

Dath Vater 208 DTG JD Since the problem isn't solved yet, I looked into it myself. I found out that there is confusion between the engine on the turntable and the incoming Manchester London Road - Liverpool Lime Street service starting at 8:03.
    If you are on foot, the exit signal at the turntable is green and the incoming train gets the red signal. If you start from a timetable or journey the signals are the other way around. The train at Edge Hill gets green all the way to Liverpool station. Unfortunately, the loco on the turntable doesn't care, and SPADs. There is some mistiming happening but I can't say exactly if the engine on the turntable is a bit too slow or the other train a bit too early. However, the timing between those two trains is the cause of the problem.
    I hope that helps the devs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt mentioned on the last roadmap stream that and it will get fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you. We believe we've found the source of the issue - it's going into testing now.

• Like Like x 1