Train Sim World 3 Bahnstrecke Bremen – Oldenburg: Preview Stream Questions,thursday, December 1st, At 17:00 Utc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Benjamin, Nov 29, 2022.

1. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Head into Germany’s northwest region using both new and familiar locomotives with Train Sim World 3: Bahnstrecke Bremen – Oldenburg, arriving as an Add-on Tuesday December 6th!
    We will be hosting a Preview Stream this Thursday, December 1st, at 17:00 UTC (18:00 CET) and we would like to answer your questions. So ask away and we'll answer as many as we can throughout the stream.

For those who missed yesterday's live stream, it's here to watch now (with handy timestamps and chapters so you can see what matters to you):

If you missed the announce article you can read it here

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Trains improvements in details pls :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. noah hunt

noah hunt New Member

Finally my all time favorite long awaited german locomotive and wagens! Lovely to see we are getting the Karlsruhe original type. The Wittenberg one is cool too but I think the older Karlsruhe type suits the 110 best, both which are very old by the way.

My question is: Does the route include any branch lines at all? - As it is quite a short route and many services may not be able to do the full run, although I could be completely wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  4. dalek_sec_93

dalek_sec_93 New Member

Hello, I wanted to ask about the DB155. It has a issue in one of the cabs where the PZB would not acknowledge and wanted to ask if this has been fixed for the new route and will that be back ported to the original DB155. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I really like the look of this route and look forward to classic vintage electric stock. My Question is what inspired the team to make this route and what challenges did they in face in getting reference images for the new vintage train stock and the route time period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. wunder99#5965

wunder99#5965 New Member

Was ist mit Gen8- und Gen9-Spielern gemeint? Liege ich Richtig, dass damit die Konsolen-Generation gemeint ist? Wenn ich mit der Konsolen-Generation Richtig liege, wie sieht es z.B. bei PC-Spielern mit den Gen9-Exklusiven Sachen aus?

Ab wann wird der Artikel bei Steam als kommendes DLC angekündigt (Damit meine ich, dass dieser schon in der DLC-Liste, allerdings als noch-nicht-kaufbar auftaucht), damit man diesen bereits auf die Wunschliste setzen kann?

Die Antworten, wenn möglich bitte auch in Deutsch sagen, da mein Englisch leider ziemlich schlecht ist (Alternativ gerne die Antwort auch schriftlich verfassen, dann könnte ich diese mir selber übersetzen).

Translated with the help of deepl.com:
    What is meant by Gen8 and Gen9 players? Am I correct that this means the console generation? If I'm right about the console generation, what about PC players with the Gen9 exclusive stuff?

At what point is the item announced on Steam as upcoming DLC (By that I mean that it already shows up in the DLC list, but as not-yet-purchasable), so that you can already add it to my wishlist?

The answers, if possible please also in German say, since my English is unfortunately quite bad (Alternatively gladly write the answer also in writing, then I could translate this me).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

In the interests of transparency - I think the community should choose the service/scenario/time of day/weather that gets previewed. When a specific pre-selected service is chosen during the stream, I always question why. Then, when the early adopters start reporting numerous and immediate issues on other services/scenarios etc, it all becomes clear.

• Like Like x 6
  8. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Will the 425 from Haupstrecke Rhein Ruhr and the 155 from Ruhr Sieg Nord get livery designer compatibility with this route release?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

If this route has over 1000 services, does this mean gen 8 performance is going to be terrible like London commuter.

10. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Will we get the n wagons with the 143 on RRO

11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That's unlikely to happen since it's not the right time period. Well, i also don't know if the nwagens still run but you're going to get the usual response. No plans to do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. rennekton#1349

Probably. More stuff on the screen, lower performance. Gen 8 consoles won't have certain ai services and playable services compared to gen 9.

13. rennekton#1349

It should be since LD compatibility has been standard since tsw2 and tsw3 unless it's been said otherwise or licensing terms.

14. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Will Gen 9 layers come to Gen 8 too when the Add-ons manager releases? For that and other routes like SoS or BML.

15. rennekton#1349

I used the website you used for translation so there might/might not be errors
    Gen 8 (ps4, xbox one x und s). Gen 9 (pc, ps5, xbox series x und s). Gen 8 wird nicht über bestimmte Dienste, sowohl KI und fahrbar. In Bezug auf die Dampf, wahrscheinlich in den nächsten paar Tagen.

Gen 8 (ps4, xbox one x and s). Gen 9 (pc, ps5, xbox series x and s). Gen 8 will not have certain services, both ai and drivable. In terms of steam, probably in the next couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rennekton#1349

But then again, we don't know what the timetable services or scenarios are unless we watch the livestream. We can choose the time of day and weather. Dtg do try to show the route in different conditions so it's not like they only show it in day time. Like for bcc, showed it in day, night, did a scenario in rain. etc. Dtg probably choose services that are either busy or show something unique on the route. Since we don't know anything about the route regarding what the services are and stuff, no way to know what to choose.

17. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Came up with these questions, hope you can answer a few during the stream! :)
    • What exactly made you choose this route and rolling stock?
    • Do you feel like the comparatively short route length allowed you to allocate more resources to rolling stock development for this particular DLC?
    • Who came up with the idea of the movable drawbridge and paintable barge, and did you encounter any difficulties while working on these new features?
    • What influenced your layer choices, and how did you determine which rolling stock could be layered onto Gen8 consoles?
    • How did you get reference material for the new rolling stock? Were you able to visit in person, or could you perhaps rely on existing research?
    • What was the biggest challenge over the course of this DLC’s development for you?
    • There are multiple attractive branch lines in the area, such as the one going to Nordenham. What made you choose to disregard these and instead focus on the mainline entirely?
    • Can you summarize the changes made to existing rolling stock included in this pack (155 & 425), especially those which may not be immediately noticeable to the average player?
    • Because this DLC is set ~15 years in the past, was research (on rolling stock and the route itself) more difficult than normal? If so, how did you overcome these challenges?
    • Can you tell us more about the museum runs mentioned in the article?
    • Would you be comfortable doing a German route set even further in the past if this one does well?

• Like Like x 4
  18. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Will The 425 And 155 have Livery Designer Support?

19. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Is that a new 425 and 155?

20. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Will there be loco add-on's coming up to accompany this route? Will we for example be able to buy all the loco's from the layers separately without having to buy their TSW2 routes?

21. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Will we be able to run the DBO 155 in places where the original 155 from RSN add on has services if we own the original and/or even if we dont?

22. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

This is in no terms a complaint, just a question I'm interested in knowing the answer to:
    Have development tools improved whereby now it's easier to model and develop trains? As this route comes with a new loco, coaches and cab car whereas the 101 was only loco and coaches.

23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Why is the route so short and did not continue to Leer or Wilhelmshaven, etc.? Will this be reflected in the selling price, i.e. not attracting the "new" £29.99 cost? Compares unfavourably with the most recent German releases (DCZ and SKW) in that respect.

Why was this route chosen over something more iconic and/or scenic? While noting the slightly retro era and train pack, TSW is crying out for something like Rhine Valley, Obereruhrtalbahn, not another flat plains electrified commuter route.

24. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Will the new rolling stock be static stock on different routes?
    Will the new locos sub in on existing routes?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. OldVern

One more from me. Have the scenarios and timetable runs chosen for Journey mode been hand tested by live players, to ensure they can be completed and don't fail through one problem or another?

• Like Like x 2
  26. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

Will there be a train with a BR 143/112 and n-waggons (w/o cab car) so that it can be used on other routes, or are the n-wagons exclusively for the Br 110.3?
    It would please a lot of people because it is a good substitute for trains with y-wagons and useable on east german routes especially.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

My question for the railway route Bahnstrecke Bremen Oldenburg Delmenhorst is this.
    I wonder if you can actually operate a DB Baureihe 110 like a DB BR155 Which means when starting in adverse conditions or stuck with heavy train lower the Traction force Selector and power Tap then Gradually increase it to the Max level at the same time using sander or not?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. rennekton#1349

Matt said he wants to decouple all locos from their route since the tsw3 loco pack came out but dtg are probably working on other more urgent things. But that's only for dlc locos, not locos in the base routes

29. rennekton#1349

They've been reworked in some way which they'll talk about during the stream. For example the 425 has lzb functionality and a new livery. 155 is likely reworked since that's what usually happens with locos that come back again as part of a new dlc if they need to be reworked. But we'll have to wait until the preview.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

The article mentions the 612 layering in. What is it supposed to represent? To my knowledge it never ran even close to the route.

31. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Jonne1184 they are representing the BR 648 (Lint 41) from Nordwestbahn between Bremen and Delmenhorst.

Is also a wagon with 1st class included? In the pictures you can only see second class wagons.

• Like Like x 1
  32. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Oh boy, looks like I really really need a Gen9 console now. I had a "Munich Augsburg" moment when I read what layers will be Gen9 only. I see the technical limitations but to me layers and the hustle & bustle are a major part of the fun. Ok, so be it.

Question: what are your plans on bringing the 110 and the n-wagen (jointly or separately) as a layer or substitution to older routes?

33. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

are there animated level crossings in this route?

34. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I would like to refer to my thread about passengers refusing to board the train.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...o-board-trains-at-stations.62047/#post-572171
    It seems that many people have these issues with passengers. Do I want to buy a new route now before this is fixed? Not at full price for the time being. Prove me wrong and fix it! Then I might buy the German route later on. Now I have my hands full with Birmingham, Luzern and Horseshoe Curve. (Sale)

• Like Like x 1
  35. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

In which routes will we be able to use the DB BR 425 update with LZB? That would eventually persuade me to buy this route anyway. I love LZB!

36. Carnyy

Carnyy New Member

Since there will be Hamburg HBF and Bremen HBF in the game, are you planning on adding the route Hamburg to Bremen (the so called "Rollbahn") into the game? It is a major German Route, so it would be an insane addition to the game. Also, the Dostos, ICEs and freight trains are already in the game, so all necessary vehicles that are running on this route are already available. This also might be a chance to release the ICE4 in the future, as it is seen on this route very often.

37. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

1. Has all areas of the route been populated with scenery?
    2. Will the new trains create additional services on old routes or just sub in?
    3. Does it have moving diggers?
    4. Are there dioramas?
    5. Do people exist in the towns or are we in version “2.8 days later” :cool:
    6. Worth an ask, Dresden night lighting?
    7. Rush hour passengers?
    8. Cars on correct side of road?
    9. Mountains all completed?
    10. Better rain effects than SOS?
    11. European truck trailers as opposed to American?
    12. How were sounds gathered?
    13. Any new lighting effects , sky colour variations or the same purple / yellow as per other tsw3?
    14. Any new core developments?
    15. Have passengers been taken off trains for depot runs?
    16. Have all services been simulated?
    17. Collectibles?
    18. Route length?
    19. Any places you can walk deeper into map?
    20. Are the ticket machines from Dresden becoming a gameplay feature

Right I’m tired, the above a mix of genuine, satirical, and some issues we’ve seen recently we’d hope the BETA team don’t need us to pick up for them. Peace out, I need a break from today.

upload_2022-11-29_23-43-22.gif

38. rennekton#1349

Answer you're going to they would like to but no plans to do it. If it's not on the roadmap or announced...

39. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

I want to enjoy KWG freight but all of the stopping points brushing up against red lights - on a route that features safety systems forcing you to stop ahead of the stopping point no less - makes it difficult. Have you taken steps with this route to improve on this, by for example adding the red-to-green field to freight runs?

I still can't complete King of Kassel due to service 50244 butting heads with service 50245. Will you make sure that we can finish journey mode? Oh and please with achievable gold medals.

Thanks. :)

• Like Like x 1
  40. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

First of all, a big thank you to the entire team and everyone who helped that the BR110 + n-Wagen + Karlsruher Kopf and the beautiful new Route could be realized.

My question now. Will there be situations when driving freight trains where you are sent on the overtaking track and have to wait until a faster train has passed us?

• Like Like x 1
  41. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Now that does not really fit well.

42. Task

Task Well-Known Member

• Does the BR 425 get a physics upgrade? Specifically asking about the brakes being way too strong on the existing HRR version.
    • Do off map destinations work on trains (preview pictures had “RB Hude”)?
    • Do destinations work on AI trains (they don’t on the 323, 465, 375)?
    • How does the n-Wagen PIS work?
    • How many different n-Wagen are included?
    • Are there any other freight wagons besides the Tadgs included?
    • Will the PRESS BR 155 substitute onto other routes (the Dispolok 182 had problems with that on release)?
    • Can the new BR 425 be used in service mod on HRR and HMA?
    • What services do the ICE 1 and BR 101 drive?
    • Is the Klappbrücke a gameplay element?
    • When exactly is the route and timetable set?
    • What freight yards are included?
    • Are there shunting / ECS moves with the n-Wagen or the IC coaches?

43. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Can you Open the windows on the n wagen?

And could you show the scenarioplanner for the route, because the in the BCC Stream mentioned ,,lots of starting points " at new street turned out to be Just two.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

rennekton#1349 Thoose questions are for the QA... A little bit weird that you answer everything with answers that you think that are correctly. Please wait until we see all the details in the preview video before youre answers are wrong and people have the wrong information.

• Like Like x 1
  45. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Thanks for all the questions so far everyone. Some really good stuff!

• Like Like x 3
  46. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Is the 110.3 substitution for 146.2 regionally appropriate? E.g., it shouldn't be able to substitute on the Dresden routes as it rarely appeared in the region at all.

47. rennekton#1349

I mean some of the answers are from the article and some are kinda what you would expect. Like if someone asked is this extension or route coming, the answer you'll get is no plans but we would like to.

48. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I second this please give Bremen and Oldenburg many starting points

• Like Like x 1
  49. OldVern

And another one from me... Will there be a preorder discount on this title?

50. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Yeah but all this kind off questions will be asked over and over again. The whole negative point on this forum is the lack on good moderation. People don't read and ask always the same and there will be always the same topics as well

• Like Like x 1