New York And Atlantic Railway For Long Island Rail Road Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JessicaKasumi, Nov 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JessicaKasumi

JessicaKasumi Member

With the new Long Island Rail Road route for Train Sim World, I'm curious to know if Dovetail has approached the New York and Atlantic Railway for a license to make NY&A equipment for the route. While I'm not sure how much of the route actually sees the NY&A moving freight, I do know Hicksville is home to a team track used by the NY&A, so why not approach the NY&A for a license to use their name and likeness. Add a chance to do some freight on the LIRR. For road power, please see here: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=NYA
    Again, I'm not sure how much freight one could do, but it would add some variety to show a few NY&A freights, and if freight is operated, a few scenarios, using the NY&A with a mixture of DTGX, CSX and NY&A rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I would like this too, but I believe there are licensing issues.

3. JessicaKasumi

JessicaKasumi Member

Well, if we can't get NY&A, then we could use CSX as an alternative, and have a hypothetical situation in which CSX operates on Long Island. But, if we can get the NY&A, then there won't be a need, but the option is there to use CSX as an alternate, or stand-in for the NY&A.