1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York And Atlantic Railway For Long Island Rail Road Dlc

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by JessicaKasumi, Nov 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JessicaKasumi

JessicaKasumi Member

With the new Long Island Rail Road route for Train Sim World, I'm curious to know if Dovetail has approached the New York and Atlantic Railway for a license to make NY&A equipment for the route. While I'm not sure how much of the route actually sees the NY&A moving freight, I do know Hicksville is home to a team track used by the NY&A, so why not approach the NY&A for a license to use their name and likeness. Add a chance to do some freight on the LIRR. For road power, please see here: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=NYA
    Again, I'm not sure how much freight one could do, but it would add some variety to show a few NY&A freights, and if freight is operated, a few scenarios, using the NY&A with a mixture of DTGX, CSX and NY&A rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I would like this too, but I believe there are licensing issues.

3. JessicaKasumi

JessicaKasumi Member

Well, if we can't get NY&A, then we could use CSX as an alternative, and have a hypothetical situation in which CSX operates on Long Island. But, if we can get the NY&A, then there won't be a need, but the option is there to use CSX as an alternate, or stand-in for the NY&A.