Train Sim World 3 Iow2022 Crashing

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by yardem, Jan 16, 2023.

1. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Platform: PC (Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB RAM, NVidia 3090, 4K)
    Route: Isle of Wight 2022 (BR 484 DLC)
    Loco: none
    Scenario: on foot to Sandown (but it happens with any station)
    Here's a video.

Please prioritise accordingly™.

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, have you verified files already. And make sure the usual vanilla settings and no cc mods, etc. I don't think it would solve anything but if you haven't, give it a try. Otherwise submit a ticket and see what happens.

This issue was raised some time ago where users were experiencing crashes the moment they loaded into this route. This seems to be affecting some players in each platform but not all. For example, I'm on pc and have no crashes on this route. For comparison, I have tons of mods installed with the only specific one for this route is the ep and cc liveries so it's definitely not an issue surrounding those.

3. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I bought this route last week, I haven't even added it to my signature yet.
    I was able to load it fine on TSW2 on XSX, but it crashes instantly on TSW3 on PC, as reported.
    I have no mods whatsoever, just the game and DLC from MS Store. How do I verify the files? I know how it's done on Steam, but not in XBox app.

4. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

If we were on consoles, you could compare it like this. But on PC:
    - are you using MS Store, Epic or Steam versions?
    - do you have AMD or NVidia? Which driver version? What resolution do you play at?

Just saying "I'm on PC and it works for me" doesn't mean much, sorry.

BTW, on this PC, I have played to some degrees of success: SEHS, CJP, SKW, DCZ, DRA, BML, LGV, GWE. So, I don't think you can blame the PC itself. I've had some issues, many that have already been reported. But nothing as bad as crash as soon as you try to use the DLC.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  5. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

6. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I did. My first post covers all the information requested, including a video. What did I not do?
    The game works with many other DLCs, just not this one.

7. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Playing on a PC?
    If you are on a PC, we will need you to troubleshoot the issue by completing our Experiencing Technical Issues Guide as there are many more reasons why the game may crash that are no fault of the software.

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Try submitting a support ticket

9. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

None of those things would explain why I can play TSW3 fine on my PC, except for this one DLC.
    My Windows, drivers and software, are all up to date. I won't re-install the game just for this crummy little route.

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same problem. IOW22 crashes in random places, generally near or approaching stations. I refunded it because I couldn't get it to run, even with no mods and a vanilla .ini

11. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

yardem can you list what DLC you have so that we can try and reproduce your exact situation here? we have repeated your instructions locally and not had an issue, so it might be down to other aspects of setup we need to capture and reproduce to see the issue.

I also note solicitr feedback - can you reproduce yardem's issue as described (seems to be a 100% fail every time for him?) - and can anyone else confirm the issues from either of these two as well? Trying to find more common denominators.

Are the unreliability issues only being seen on MS Game Store (which I assume is what yardem is using - or is it seen across other platforms as well?)

Thanks
    Matt.

12. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

My DLCs are listed in my signature.
    I think the problem might be TSW3 on my PC. When I started playing Train Sim World in November, it was TSW3 on PC (Gamepass), and I only had SEHS, SKW and CJP. I've played the first two extensively, and had no issues.
    Later on, I bought DCZ, DRA and played those as well, with zero problems. Until I ran into old issues that are affecting these routes on TSW3:
    - BR143 training cannot be completed on DRA due to red light, so achievement DRA: Alleskönner cannot be unlocked
    - achievement DCZ: Moving Mountains cannot be unlocked, although I completed all the scenarios twice (once on new profile).
    Then, I bought TSW2, mainly for the routes, but also for the achievements. So, I have been playing TSW2 since early December, and not went back to TSW3 until last week, when I tried IOW2022.

Yes, IOW2022 crashes a lot. But I am seeing crashes in other maps on my PC, for example CJP, when I was trying to collect route tasks.

I have now given up playing on the PC, and I'm back to XSX. Managed to complete the CJP route tasks without a single issue, and I'm now enjoying new routes which I just bought in the XBox sale. My signature got longer by 5 entries.

So, I'm putting this IOW issue down to my PC being out of sorts. Please don't waste any more time with this. Maybe fix the two achievements I listed above, so I can unlock them on XSX.
    Thanks!