PlayStation How Is This Game So Bugged? ( Rant ) Mods Please Lock

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railfan1985, Jan 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I've tried five services on different routes. Out of five, I've completed ONE. The rest were randomn spads. Before DTG staff tell me me to submit a bug report, don't bother, as that won't do a bloody thing. You keep asking us to submit tickets, but nothing is done as a result. Stop releasing dlc with bugs that a five year old could spot, and fix existing content. It's that bloody simple!

• Like Like x 21
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

What train, what route, what service

3. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I have to agree that "fixing existing content" should be a major priority rather than new releases that often come with new bugs or create them in other areas that previously did not have them.
    Adding new content to a faulty system does not increase its value or desirability and only continues to compound fault (from what we have seen). At some point the whole thing is going to become unplayable or crash completely under the confusion.

Don't get me wrong I truly enjoy this game and the options/abilities it gives us, but rationally and logically fixing the current problems should be THE priority BEFORE new product. Then again, we do not know what the Devs are actually doing behind the scenes so should be careful to speak of these things without the proper knowledge of what actually is (or isn't) being done in this regard. Having said that, there is a huge base of routes and DLCs to choose from and play in the mean time while the built in and added in bugs get full attention and hopefully fixed.

I think a secondary and similarly important question to be considered here is this:
    Why, when add-ons or patches or "fixes" are processed, do they end up causing other problems and new bugs? Or so it may seem.
    It's like the guy at work (and we all know them) who imagines a problem with something so "fixes" it even though it didn't need fixing, and instead messes it up altogether for real requiring an actual fix.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  4. kevin hayes

kevin hayes New Member

I asked dtg last year to sort out a problem with the Brighton to London Victoria route where all the units are stacked up on the line all got red signals, the other lines are all working but did it get fixed like hell it did it's still the same.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG have worked on loads of things which caused the red light issues (there's more than one reason for it to happen) and have asked if you still have these issues to report them

• Like Like x 1
  6. kevin hayes

kevin hayes New Member

There is too many bugs in this game and they need fixing but dtg are only bothered about rushing the train sim world games out and stuff the checking if the games are fully working. Oh and why do we have to keep signing into train sim world 3 when we start the game.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ARuscoe

Six batches of patches and fixes (along with new timetable content on a few routes) suggests otherwise...
    New glitch with DTL over the weekend, DTG are aware

• Like Like x 3
  8. kevin hayes

kevin hayes New Member

Well there is another issue now when starting the game why do we have to keep signing in it's getting beyond a joke having to keep signing in all the time.

9. ARuscoe

See my second response

The answer to your question is that DTG keep developing the game and unfortunately in development when you fix one thing it quite often has a knock on effect on another thing, even something you may not realise would be the case and especially in a system as complex as TSW a small change over <-- here can make something over ---> there fall over completely.
    It's a very common occurrence in dev (hence the two comments "My code doesn't work. No idea what changed..." and "My code works, No idea what changed..." (it can be as simple as using a ; instead of a , or changing date("Y-m-d") for date("Y-m-t")

• Like Like x 1
  10. kevin hayes

kevin hayes New Member

What I think is to scrap my train sim world 3 on my ps4 and sort out my pc and play my just trains games at least these do keep working. I can't wait to see what goes wrong with this new add on that's coming out on the Glasgow route. I wonder if there is bugs in the route as like most of the routes in train sim world are full of them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ARuscoe

Response from DTG

12. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

I recall DTG mentioning last year they hired a dedicated quality control director to help sort out the beta testing mess. Does this person actually work or just shows up to the office to have a cup of tea and leaf through magazines all day?

• Like Like x 9
  13. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Too many routes. Read my post. My point beint DTG keep introducing new routes with even more bugs, they don't care. This is unacceptable.

• Like Like x 5
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Strange that you and you alone are having these problems.

• Like Like x 2
  15. StrikeEagle78

Saying that the OP is alone in having these problems is like me saying that you are the lone person enjoying TSW3. Both statements would be far from the truth.

• Like Like x 5
  16. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Would love to know more detail so I can reply on specifics either with advice or status of updates.

E.g. we just released (in the latest patch) a fairly major fix for London Brighton red lights - it might not cure all, but it will fix a lot of them, and there was another fix in a patch or two prior to that which fixed another cause of red light issues on London Brighton - so would like to know if you're still seeing the same issues after these fixes.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  17. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  18. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They could be there to speed things along and for testing stuff more efficiently. We got a lot of patches released for the game the past few months. Before, we could be waiting a long time for anything to happen. So definitely some improvement in releasing patches lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. StrikeEagle78

I do agree, but the Bremen route was an odd one. It got 3 patches in about a week? That seems like a lack of quality control prior to release. But yes we are getting more frequent patches for what it's worth.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

there is such a huge list of little things too fix and not so little things they could go patching the game for the the next year or more
    each new patch brings a risk of breaking new stuff due to the complexity of the game

i myself was quite happy with the amount of patches last year and begin this year

21. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

If you want to avoid SPADs, you need to slow the train down when you see yellow, so that you have sufficient time to stop at the red aspect.

Joking aside, without providing detailed information that allows them to consistently reproduce the issue, there's nothing they can really do.

22. simnationgaming

simnationgaming New Member

• Like Like x 2
  23. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

As per the advice from Matt in the linked thread - I would advise you update the support ticket to respond to their queries. They will be best placed to help you. Without all the details, they will not be able to help you.

24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

London to Brighton has actually been quite stable on recent runs, even resuming from a save game.
    Spirit Of Steam still has known issues with unsolicited SPAD's which is being worked on.
    Most of my time in TSW3 I could probably declare as reasonably bug free. The only exception was a couple of evenings ago when a run on Peninsula Corridor failed to register as the train I was actually driving, so it didn't get ticked off in Journey mode but it didn't stop me finishing the activity and getting 20k action points, for those who care about such things...

• Like Like x 2
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm not having any game play issues with TSW, just a bunch of minor annoyances. However, I appreciate that others have real problems, especially those on console.

My major issues are more to do with lighting, especially at night and dissatisfaction with the " one new train per route " paradigm.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  26. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The night lighting is baffling to be honest. You only need to drive towards a town at night and see the glow in the sky on the horizon, maybe all of DTG's route builders live in deepest rural Kent and never get to see street lights!

I haven't really experienced any game play issues either. Having read some of the console specific threads I have to confess to being glad to be a PC owner, TSW would probably be uninstalled if I had a console.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  27. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

That's not the case though, as much as I love this game I have bugs too as do many others so you can't say that

• Like Like x 2
  28. StrikeEagle78

Some just choose to ignore the obvious. Sometimes I wish I could live in such blissful ignorance, but unfortunately my 5 senses prevent it :D

• Like Like x 4
  29. ARuscoe

I think the main point here is that some people seem to have inordinate luck when it comes to bugs, and have five incompete services in a row on five different routes
    Everyone has some bugs but it's the sheer number that some people report (without providing the service numbers so we can replicate and try to fix these issues of course) that maybe make people wonder as to the veracity of the statements.
    Personally I haven't had an incomplete service in months, but then I don't play SoS so maybe that accounts for it

30. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Submit a ticket ;)

• Like Like x 2
  31. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

An old saying, "Eat what's on your plate before you ask for seconds." Overall sentiment seems to be, "Fix what's wrong, before adding new content." Even if it's totally different teams working on different projects.

• Like Like x 2
  32. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

TRAIN SIM WORLD : THE WAITING GAME
    Where you can "wait" for the following...
    A train
    A new dlc
    A new route
    A new issue
    A new patch
    A new update
    A new broken issue that wasn't a issue before now.
    A new reason for why you need to wait for something.
    A new reason to keep putting up with the status. quo.
    A new day of wondering what will ruin my tsw experience today

Just how does a game with such simple concept as a train simulator created by a team who love trains keep getting deeper into such a technical nightmare hole that no matter hard they try they can't dig themselves out of even the help of multiple 3rd parties.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  33. ARuscoe

I would love to know in what world train simulators are simple..
    If they were simple why did microsoft fail?
    If they're so simple why is there only one cross platform example (even farm simulator is cross platform)?
    If they're so simple why did the recently launched two years late sim have to be pared back due to technical issues?

The reason is because trains are NOT simple, and nor is their implementation. Whereas in a flight sim you only really have to model airports and in a farm sim it can be inauthentic people LIVE with trains. They go past their gardens and certainly many more people would have been inside a train than most jetliners or tractors

So whilst it's simple to make a comment on a forum about such things, I doubt it's simple to make a decent fist of a simulator game about a complex system that has to work at 0mph, 60mph, 125mph, at 1m from the ground and still be realistic enough for people to say "Yeah, I know that train"

• Like Like x 1
  34. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I

I ment the concept is simple i didn't say the execution was simple i know it's a challenge to get everything right but this a company who have many years of experience and a sizable team working on various parts of each effort you would think keeping up with issues would be a priority so as to not let them overwhelmed you to the point that they take away time from current and future projects.

• Like Like x 2
  35. ARuscoe

Anything is simple if you make it one sentence long
    Curing cancer
    Going to the moon
    Understanding my ex wife
    See, all very simple concepts, but the problem is you then have to move past snapshot headlines and actually make the thing, and in the case of this sim thats thousands of interoperable systems which all have to be thought of and brought to fruition whilst also keep us (the players and people who pay for it) happy

So again, no, not simple

• Like Like x 1
  36. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I agree, for sure there are a lot of bugs which need to get fixed by dtg.

But: i saw a lot of new members complaining about this "very buggy unplayable simulator, where on every siding random spads occur & trains wont move etc..., what amateurs are working at dtgs side...blabla"

Turned out those track lamps are actually shunting signals, and the vacuum in the release chamber was still active when he started to releaese his air brakes.

Dtg finally makes many aspects in railroading more realistic, a huge step forward with tsw.

• Like Like x 3
  37. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes I agree while there are many bugs there is also a lot of hyperbole often on here, I often think a newcomer would come to the conclusion that the sim was totally broken and unplayable reading some of the threads on here.

38. ARuscoe

I think that's just "social media" in general
    People don't come on the forum every time they have a great experience or complete a service in good time with a gold medal, but they are much more likely to come on it they've had a problem or been unable to complete a service
    They're also much more likely to blame the way the game is setup rather than their own methodology as well

That's not to say there aren't bugs in the game, there are and it's likely there always will be, but there are also steps which need to be taken to make this thing more than a "push this, the train moves" affair. That would be boring and unfulfilling to anyone playing for more than an hour

So as with everything involving other people I always try to read everything with an "in my opinion (possibly flawed)" in front of it

• Like Like x 1
  39. StrikeEagle78

Airports, worldwide scenery, aircraft flight models, systems, exterior and interior modelling, real world weather, terrain elevation, etc. etc. etc.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ARuscoe

OK, go to Gatwick Airport on MSFS and over to the car park closest to the railway station, then tell me that's correctly modelled
    It's not because in normal gameplay you only ever fly over it

Real world weather is a live feed in from an external source so not "modelled" as such
    terrain elevation is taken from MS mapping tech, and then they layer a default texture over it, so again not modelled. Fly down to 1m from the ground and tell me how realistic it is

• Like Like x 2
  41. StrikeEagle78

Anyhow, this is off topic, but yes it is a flight simulator so you won't be modelling everything at ground level super accurately apart from airports. But overall the sim is far far more complex than something like TSW.

42. ARuscoe

Whereas in a train sim you have to model everything at ground level, and a lot of things interact with each other, so back to my point of "not simple"

43. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yeah, let´s do this. Great idea! (and keeping in mind that the base download is something around 100Gb, easily doubled with addons):

upload_2023-1-19_15-11-56.png

upload_2023-1-19_15-12-31.png

upload_2023-1-19_15-13-19.png

upload_2023-1-19_15-14-20.png

upload_2023-1-19_15-15-47.png

44. ARuscoe

Right. You haven't done what I said.
    "fly down to a height of 1m"

45. StrikeEagle78

ARuscoe does have a point though. Train simulator is not a simple software to program. It's more in the "sim medium" category from my perspective. Flight simulators with complex aircraft being the high end and something like Euro Truck being at the "sim lite" end. Train simulators are complex at the physics end of things, some of the train systems, and signaling, but world modeling is fairly simplistic.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

And you haven´t watched the video I´ve just sent. For the impatient: It starts at 4:20.

• Like Like x 1
  47. ARuscoe

Didn't see the top was a video
    upload_2023-1-19_15-40-41.png
    Just wondering if the TSW crowd would accept the moddeling of the buildings on the right there...
    Seems to be a bit of texture waviness...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  48. StrikeEagle78

Comparing apples and oranges. Again, flight sim is meant to be enjoyed in the air and TSW on the ground. If we looked at TSW scenery from the air, flight simmers wouldn't like that either.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yeah, surely a rhetorical question. You know very well, that, NO, they wouldn´t. But then again: TSW doesn´t need to detail textures for a whole city. Optimistically 50m left and 50m right distance from the track where you can move and come close to objects and assets. What´s far away is as low res as it can get. And why shouldn´t it? TSW environment happens mostly in a hose. Should I start to send night flight videos over these cities?
    I think you´re way off in your attempt to downplay and belittle the complexity of MSFS. Not that I´m surprised. DTG has succeeded to sell their sim as the most complex, elaborated, unique piece of software ever made.
    I´m convinced TSW is a complex sim software. But I´m not convinced that it is second and comparable to none.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. ARuscoe

Exactly, so if people can stop saying that train sim modelling is easy or simple that'd be great

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.