Northeast Corridor New York-trenton Has Been Confirmed For Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MLP Derick, Feb 5, 2023.

1. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

Northeast Corridor New York-Trenton is being added to TSW3 and I couldn't be more excited for it being a resident of New Jersey the route runs 58 miles from Trenton New Jersey to New York Penn Station the locomotives included with the route will be New Jersey Transit ALP46 with the multi level cars the Amtrak ACS-64 with Amfleets and the return of the metroliner cabcar and there will also be a layer for the Amtrak Acela Express [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to this. Veterans to the franchise will be familiar with the NY Penn - Newark section of the line from NEC NY. Now all we need is another NEC route covering the NY - New Rochelle section and I can finally uninstall TSW2020 for good :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

This and the Boston overhaul look really good. Success however rests upon whether they have finally sorted the signalling and safety systems. When they’re done properly it makes the routes so much more interesting to drive.

• Like Like x 7
  5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Cactusjuice has overhauled the whole signalling system which should result in better runs

• Like Like x 2
  6. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Having just bought the Boston Sprinter route in the sale, I am very excited for the Acela and the new timetable and fixes to the signalling. Already I can see it being one of my favourite routes even with the slightly buggy signalling I have encountered, this update is going to make it awesome.

I loved the NEC on TSC, if I recall it went as far as Newark, this new route is a bit shorter but still looks interesting.

8. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

I can assure you that Boston is fixed and the safety systems are in a better spot than they've ever been. Operating everything is an absolute joy =)

• Like Like x 29
  9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the fruits of your labours.

• Like Like x 4
  10. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Excited for this one.

Minor detail but I hope with this route and the Boston update they adjust the ACS-64 consists to put the business class coach at the back of the train like IRL. Currently in Boston they show up at the front (right behind loco).

11. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Gotta remember the route is set in 2019 which was before that change i think. still, a good observation

• Like Like x 1
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This one looks really promising with all the new and returning rolling stock. I was actually doing some research on the abandoned ARC tunnel project a few days ago and looking at maps and pictures of this exact line… what a coincidence!

We’ll be getting more info on this DLC next week, so I’m just going to wait until that happens and not even get into too much speculation right now ;)

13. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

tsw2020's NEC went from New Rochelle to Newark-Liberty Airport only covering New Rochelle, NY Penn, Secaucus, Newark Penn and Newark Liberty. NY to Trenton Is way longer. Im on that route very often

• Like Like x 1
  14. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda disappointed that the GP38s and GP40s will not be in the NJT route

15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath, but there is the possibility of some kind of freight substitution. I mean the stock is in the game already.

16. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

3 new loco’s Is the quite a decent pack size, makes a change from these 1 loco ones.

I say new for the Amtrak cab car as I imagine it will have been/is getting upgraded up to standards.

17. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the NJT locos

18. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this, and not only that there is the NJCL which also runs along the route From NYP to Rahway so meaning that we could see some services as well which runs on the Route

19. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and why not bring in the EMU in my profile Picture the Arrow III as a locomotive here. This was made for TSC. The left side of the cab has a voltage indicator triangle 11-12kv 16.7-25hz NEC NJCL Matawan-NY Penn 25kv 60hz Morris & Essex Lines

• Like Like x 1
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

21. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

why were no Arrow IIIs and should have been made for the route? the MLV I-II can be self-propelled if an MLV III power car was attached to them. The source is this 2018 railway age article which mentions MLV III being compatible with MLV I & II. Capacity is 1552 passengers. ALP-45DP RVL and NJCL if made and layer here

22. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

give it time. The arrows are old and not used as much especially on the NEC as the push-pulls. Im pretty sure thats an upcoming dlc like the M3 was for both LIRRs (TWS and TSC). remember, the Arrows in TSC came later

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  23. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Nice job, I look forward to giving both a whirl. Very much appreciate your continued support by the way, many here thought B2P another DTG fire & forget special and it's great to see it getting some love.

• Like Like x 4
  24. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

It would be even better if it were to Philadelphia.

• Like Like x 1
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Can't do Philly without SEPTA, which DTG don't have a license for

• Like Like x 1
  26. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I am definitely saving up to get this route. As someone who didn’t brought the Amfleet Cab Car from the original TSW, this is something that I am looking forward to operate. I also suggested this route to be added as well with more details.

Off topic but I think DTG should also do Metro North’s New Heaven Line since you can have Amtrak Northeast Regional and Amtrak Acela layers. The M8 can also layered onto Metro North’s Harlem Line.

27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I really don't know maybe they will add later as a loco dlc pack, you got to ask Matt about it, try asking on the stream this thursday, or sent him a message, hopefully we will get an answer, i am wondering where it is as well :D;)

• Like Like x 1
  28. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Probably we will see it for the Summer released, cause Summer is going to be big as well, along with a major upgrade to the core of the game ;):D

29. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This needs to be a sticky at this point lol

• Like Like x 2