West Coast Mainline North

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Pookeyhead, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug, or a problem elsewhere, but I simply cannot finish the scenario "Scots Pine". At the very end, when I've dropped off the timber, and go to couple to the other wagons, I get this message.

[​IMG]

It actually makes no difference what I do... whether I couple to the new set of wagons or not.

Has anyone else successfully completed this scenario? Anyone know what could possibly be wrong?

2. Pookeyhead

Video here.

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Is this scenario made by DTG or someone else? Which route?

4. Pookeyhead

Yes. it's by Dovetail. I mentioned the route in the title - West Coast Mainline North.

5. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

It looks like AI train conflict is causing Game Over. I've had the same issue on another route. Raise a ticket with DTG after the holidays. They acknowledged that this was a bug when I raised the similar issue with them.

6. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

I finished this once, after I got the error playing through previously. The trick is to go as fast as you possibly can without breaking the speed limit and finishing before 15:58, when the AI train despawns upon completion of the scenario. It's been a known bug for over 7 years, ever since the route came out.

7. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I ran into this too. WCML(N) is a good route but it does seem to have more than its share of duff scenarios- the other two Career scenarios are only 600 points each IIRC so you can only get a silver star for them at best and Polmadie Hop (one of the Standard scenarios) also stops after about ten minutes no matter what you do because of a collision off screen somewhere. Since experience points don't count towards anything (unless anyone knows otherwise) I could hardly care less but it is a little vexacious.
    Maybe I'll try that but the whole thing is misconcieved and hair-brained anyway so probably not.

8. Pookeyhead

Ok.. if it's a well known bug that's been reported a million times, then little point doing so.

Thanks for the replies.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No, you mentioned the Route in the Title - you may have got the Scenario from somewhere else

Option 2 - remove the train that crashes by using the Editor