March Roadmap Stream - Q&a Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Mar 7, 2023.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks,

Today's Roadmap will be published this afternoon, but please consider this a place you can ask questions we'll gather for the stream tonight. Please bear in mind that some of the questions you ask might be covered within the Roadmap, so make sure you give it a read when we're live!

EDIT - article is live now: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-roadmap-march-2023

A quick tease for what is being covered in the article:
    • Linke Rheinstrecke
    • Niddertalbahn
    • Midland Main Line
    • West Cornwall Local Steam Railtour
    • Loco Add-on Bundle [NEW]
    • Updates on Core improvements
      • Upcoming patches
      • Steam AI SPADs
      • Add-ons Manager
    • Partner Programme update
    We are also expecting the Edinburgh-Glasgow patch to go live later today.

As ever, we won't be able to answer 'when is X coming', 'are you working on Y', 'can Z be added' if not covered within the Roadmap already. Broader questions are appreciated.

You can subscribe here so you get notified when we go live: https://youtube.com/live/DUBWRKkk6PA

For Linke Rheinstrecke Questions, we've set up a standalone preview stream thread here for requests/questions: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-19-00-utc-question-thread.65702/#post-616663

The stream will, as ever, be at 19:00 UTC on YouTube and Twitch - see you there!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Looking forward to see what the new loco bundle will be, and I really hope we hear some news about Union Workshop regarding the Partner Programme!

• Like Like x 3
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Why are you preventing 3td parties from releasing new content until they fix theor last release (thinking rivet and Edinburgh Glasgow) but not applying the same rules to your own content?

The reviews for Trenton are some of the worst for any TSW content and definitely worst then Edinburgh Glasgow but you just steam roll onto the next DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

What?

Edinburgh-Glasgow was released with numerous issues, hence the patch mentioned above.

• Like Like x 1
  5. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Can I ask about progress on the services which are impossible golds and if you're still watching the user created thread which is compiling a comprehensive list (Shout out to that op btw)? I like to be able to complete my routes to gold! :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Scenario and Livery Designer 2.0 were on the Roadmap for months. Now theres no mention of them. Are they no longer in the plans?

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. sbberger#9515

sbberger#9515 New Member

As always thank you for the information and we all look forward to the future

8. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

Are there any patches planed for BRO regarding the stuttering and the still randomly occurring crashes? Or is nothing in work?

• Like Like x 2
  9. polarisneo

polarisneo Member

Please can you talk about what is happening with the BIDSTACK in-game ads issue? See this thread: HERE

At the very least this should be on some issue board or roadmap somewhere, but I don't think it is.

It's a prime example of something that has been broken for months seemingly discarded & ignored despite it being probably quite an easy fix. The blame is going on the BIDSTACK end but that doesn't really make sense considering it's a very basic API product used in many Unity/Unreal Engine games without issue.

• Like Like x 4
  10. DTG JD

This is a good question - I think Matt responded to a thread around Bidstack, but I'll add this to the list for later.

Thanks for the initial questions, all - writing the script this afternoon, so I'll incorporate constructive questions where I can.

• Like Like x 6
  11. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I for sure hope there are going to be patches and fixes for the New York Trenton Route. Please do not forget about this US passenger route as many of us were looking forward to it. Unfortunately, it has not many great reviews and could have been improved with more passenger traffic, fixes to various scenery items, bugs with rolling stock/motive power and layering in LIRR outside of the career scenarios

• Like Like x 6
  12. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Any updates on the AI PIS bug? On last month’s roadmap, Matt said they were working on it, has this been successful?

• Like Like x 4
  13. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Correct and rivet was told to fix these issues with said mentioned patch before continuing work on the West Cornwall steam add on. Yet Trenton was released in an even worst state and DTG continue rolling out DLC despite this which is the point I was making.

• Like Like x 4
  14. polarisneo

polarisneo Member

Thank you JD. He did respond to the initial post but there was some confusion in the post afterwards that I'm unsure if he saw. A user posted screenshots of in-game ads that were generated from a 3rd party modification (so not Bidstack generated). So I think the issue is actually back at stage 1 where it needs some investigation from the team.

thanks for the quick reply! :)

15. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

very good question,JD. I hope that you will take this question because I am waiting a lot for SP 2.0

16. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Union workshop is still new along with ats. What new can be said other than they are still learning. Maybe we'll know something about jt but other teams are probably still learning

17. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Can we count on the fact that the DTG team will gradually update the old routes to the new standard? Can this be implemented when issuing DLС to old routes?
    Is there any hope that some of the old ones might get an extension like they did with Southeastern High Speed? What can influence the adoption of such a decision?
    Is the issue of possible re-releases of existing routes in the second time period being discussed?
    Can we count on the fact that in the future more quality liveries with individual features (applicable only to a single rolling stock unit) with scenario packs for them will be released?

18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Of course, but they have been "learning" for quite a while now, maybe they have reached the point by now where they have decided on the route they are making? Though I not expect it to be announced yet, but I would assume they at least have an idea by now whether it will be a chinese or japanese route.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Is the NYT going to get a patch ? Is is going to be worked on for the bugs,signal issues and a timetable?

• Like Like x 3
  20. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

Nice to hear the patch for Edinburgh - Glasgow is coming today.

21. i like to know when we going to see a better PSI system i n play i would like to see real PSI on all Future DLC releases so if something is USA its the right PSI if its German its the right PSI and uk well we know what that is no more need to say also would like to know whats going on the the harlem Line update and are we going to see LOD4 & TSW3 Skybox on London Commuter soon as i would love to see it on that route

22. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I so read that wrong :P

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  23. rennekton#1349

What harlem update?

24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For the locomotive bundle which one are they I'm guessing Class 700 & DB Baureihe 411 ICE-T?

25. rennekton#1349

I wonder what routes the new loco bundle dlc will be for. We've had one for the tsw3 base routes so where's next.

26. rennekton#1349

Or it could be like the tsw3 loco pack. In either case, going to be interesting what we get

• Like Like x 2
  27. orb

orb Well-Known Member

It will probably be a selling point of TSW4, so it's too early to get it back on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 3
  28. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Whats up with the DB BR420? Any news on that?

• Like Like x 2
  29. i 2nd that 2 years almost now on the roadmap

30. DTG JD

We are planning a post-release patch. We'll share top-level details of what is included in it within the Roadmap article.

• Like Like x 5
  31. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Great news on the Edinburgh to Glasgow patch, been holding off playing until this came out. If does all the things it said think this will be a very good route

• Like Like x 3
  32. DTG JD

TSG are focusing on Niddertalbahn, as well as supporting us with some internal projects at the moment, so little progress has been made since the last Roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  33. rennekton#1349

That's after niddertalbahn releases. The reason why it was delayed soo mush is cuz tsg got pulled into other dtg projects and made the g6 and got pulled into other projects. I think Maik said himself that how there's no rush to release his loco dlcs right away.

• Like Like x 2
  34. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I asked this last month and since we didn't get an answer, I will insist again.

Why does the selection menu still show the text "new" highlighted in yellow on all routes in ps5?
    I thought that with the release of the add-on manager maybe this would be fixed but it's still the same. Is this so difficult to fix?

I find this problem annoying as the icons and images are really small and easy to confuse when looking for a particular route. Also, unlike TSW 2, they are not sorted in chronological order of release and it is not very intuitive to find the route you are looking for.

• Like Like x 4
  35. so Niddertalbahn can be safe to say is still months away knowing TSG are not to be relayed on also with all German routes there is freeze spikes more then any other country will this happen to the upcoming linke also on that there is 2 castles on top of the hills in TSC will they also be added on the TSW edition plus will we see in future extended to Frankfurt

36. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

• Will Koblenz-Mainz have rush hour passengers?
    • Will the 110 for Koblenz-Mainz be without EbuLa?
    • Will the passengers on Koblenz-mainz habe era-accurate clothing?
    • Anything to say about the BR 420?
    • Did the water texture change in any way for Linke Rheinstrecke?
    • Has the timetable for Linke Rheinstrecke any slots for future loco DLCs?
    • Will we have new and accurate ship models on Linke Rheinstrecke?
    • Which layers will Linke Rheinstrecke have?
    • Can the 103 make railtours on older timetables if they get updated?
    • Any updates from Union Workshop, ATS and Just Trains?
    • Can we expect more 3rd parties to join the programme? Are there any specific talk ongoing with yet-unknown studios?
    • As you have seen, there are mods in work, putting 3D models of for example the Vectron into the game. While you officially don't support mods, can you comment on this new progress?
    • Is there a slight possibility how mods could be supported officially by DTG?
    • When will Sam appear on RailfanTV again? He's very much missed!

• Like Like x 7
  37. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Where are the TSW2 updates, they were promised before Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  38. rennekton#1349

Some of these were answered already.
    420 comes after niddertalbahn releases and if you read above, jd said no new updates and how tsg is also working on other things too at the moment.

One of the layers confirmed for mainz koblenz is the 628 from niddertalbahn. Confirmed by maik himself.

Union workshop and ats are still really new. Remember just trains had nothing on the roadmap for over a year and still nothing. Still don't know what route they are making.

And more third parties are always planning to come. That's exactly what Matt said. But he can't force them to join.

39. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To follow this up (as I assume that the answer will be yes as it always is), what is wrong with passengers at the moment? Despite the rush hour passengers we still see massively empty stations & trains - whenever we see a large crowd they are usually moving as one giant bubble to the same exact place, with next to no passengers to be seen anywhere else.

Is anything being done to address this?

• Like Like x 2
  40. F-Block

F-Block Well-Known Member

Yes, it's very fun to drive the Vectron System POS 7
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  41. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

+1 impossible golds are very annoying

• Like Like x 2
  42. nepclassof84

The single most thing I’m looking to learn about by a wide margin.

43. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

We already know the contents of the post- release patches.

44. nepclassof84

There are a few things that are big problems

1- impossible golds. They need to be extinct

2- NY Trenton. The timetable needs fixing

3- Spirit of steam. I’ve given up on the 24hour timetable. I did first service passenger. It’s impossible to make first station stop less than several minutes late. If you carry you get spad in the middle of nowhere. So I try second entry. It’s preparing a train in the yard. You get to a point and derail the train coupling every time. Doesn’t matter what you do.

4- peninsula corridor. When is it going to be fixed?

I’m as excited as anyone for new stuff to play with but y’all get the existing house in order.

I don’t know if I want to commit to spending 100s of more dollars on a game that isn’t committed to fixing obvious and inexcusable problems.

you fixed the jack hammer and the save game. Y’all need to keep going

• Like Like x 1
  45. xxMVG_Fan8xx

xxMVG_Fan8xx New Member

I wanna drive it too!

46. nepclassof84

Yeah and if that’s the answer we get on the roadmap that is the wrong answer

• Like Like x 1
  47. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

When with the patch allowing all 101s to be chosen on West Cornwall be released for other platforms?

• Like Like x 1
  48. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Can we please get some kind of progress report on the TSW2 derail fixes and Preservation Crew updates? Are the TSW3 versions still being tweaked, or has work finally started on the TSW2 ports?

• Like Like x 1
  49. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Where is DTG Protagonist ( Sam ) ?
    We miss him...

• Like Like x 4
  50. i wish dovetail would go back to the days of Preview 1 & Preview 2 for DLC's that way they can get feedback off us players and even if we get delays to DLC's at least we will get a better Release i think its time for this to happen as we all sick of the rush jobs

• Like Like x 4