Wcl Steam - No Stream?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The title says it all - the WCL Steam Railtours are releasing on Tuesday and there is absolutely no stream scheduled - not as a preview nor launch stream. Is it a mistake or are we supposed to go in blind?

• Like Like x 2
  2. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

And links seem to be directing people to the roadmap article which didn't have much detail.

Hopefully we at least get a more in depth article or a stream on it honestly. Especially on the precarious state that Steam is in.

3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Let's not forget it is a Rivet release... always to be worried...

• Like Like x 11
  4. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

Next week is going to be a good week. Any chance of getting MML on Monday and the Loco pack on Wednesday to make it even better? :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

That’s really strange. Normally Rivet Games is obsessed with showing us as much as possible about their upcoming add-ons. It’s one of the best things about them.

6. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to love the idea of this but it's not looking quite right to me - there appear to be quite a few basic modelling issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- LMS lettering on tender looks too big to me
    - Font on smokebox door numbering is definitely incorrect (BR numbering rather than LMS)
    - Cabside lettering is too high
    - Overall finish is too glossy and doesn't look right
    - Buffer beam is weathered but everything else looks pristine
    - Only 5 coach load for a railtour?

I can't assess the BR Black version as we've not seen any revealing screenshots of it yet.

Also think that WCL should really have received TOD4 lighting if there are graphical updates anyway.

I like the headboards though - something that should have been included in Spirit of Steam.

For me this is looking like a miss at the moment unless I'm either wide of the mark with my observations (happy to be corrected as always) or there are substantial updates.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

For confirmation on this.
    • There will be a release article for this on Tuesday
    • We're planning a stream feature on this, but it'll likely hit the week after next
    • As far as I'm aware, the Rivet team are planning a driving tutorial video for the pack to be released

• Like Like x 1
  8. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Will this modern Jubilee sub in on the SEHS Railtour? It would make sense in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There's like 20 days in March so no need to rush

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No hype, no gripe. This will slip out without fanfare and maybe someone will play it and tell us what it is like. The steam physics aren’t up to it yet unless they have been improved specifically for this release. SoS is still in a state and the five coach trains for these railtours tell me it’s the same here. I’ll wager the locos will still struggle even with such a small load to pull.

Maybe everybody involved in this release is a little embarrassed that it is happening and are keeping it as low key as possible. It’s hard to come to any other conclusion at present but I am willing to be convinced it is better than that.

• Like Like x 17
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It's a little concerning that they seem to be practically stealth releasing this.

Shame because i genuinely enjoy WCL (yeah yeah i know), and it should be quite a good challenge with the rolling hills.

Also- i'm assuming that's a confirmation of no TOD4 update for WCL?

• Like Like x 2
  12. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Was wondering why people were a tad unsure on the livery. Thank you for that side by side!

The black early is out as well. I liked the look of it but not sure how "accurate it is"

FB_IMG_1678466671806.jpg

13. mattwild55

Very hard to tell due to the extensive photoshopping but I'd say the black looks better, although still suffers from the excessive glossy finish.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Comparing BR Black in irl:
    LMS_Stanier_'5XP'_or_'Jubilee'_Class_(BR_Class_'6P')_4-6-0_No.45690_'Leander'_-_21758471549.jpg
    Granted, the only screenshot with a BR Black from the Roadmap is facing front sided, making it harder to see what the rest looks like in game compare to the promo image seen above. But, it does look better than the LMS one, which looks way too shiny and off with the headboard.

15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

11.99 EUR for this? Selling six liveries for this price worked so well that now it will be only two? Though I admit, these already look better qualitywise than the UP Heritage...

16. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Honestly, 3 DLCs launching in February and 5 (planned) for this month is way too much at once. And now skipping out on preview streams? All of this is a mistake.

Like the flawed US super duper bundle last month, the UP Heritage Collection isn’t receiving any attention because the numerous issues with Trenton are trumping it.

What’s going to happen when one or a couple of the 4-5 DLCs this month have numerous issues at release? (which is expected because everything seems to pass QA for whatever reason).

Post release patches and fixes for multiple DLCs at once is too much. Slow things down and spread the releases out.

I know this message goes a bit off topic for the thread, but the preview stream part is relevant because now they don’t seem to have enough time for preview streams for every piece of content.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, the little attention it got proved it is maybe even worse than Trenton.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mattwild55

Interested to hear how others are finding this now it's released.

19. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I've just got it, I will let you guys know

Edinburgh - Glasgow service doesn't have a fireman present so far, but the AWS and speedo is a nice feature!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

The only reason I can think of that Rivet stuck with 5 coach trains, is that the physics of the Jubilee are so fubar-ed; that it is simply incapable of hauling a longer train. There is no other logical reason, no rail tour would have only 5 coaches when there are plenty of paying punters. In this case this sorry DLC should never have been released in this state.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Bravo2six

So your logic is....

Must be bad physics because only 5 coaches? It's a fictional railtour, maybe the company only wants to run 5 coaches for premium quality service?

I don't really care that it's a short train, I thing it's quite a nice little addition.

• Like Like x 2
  22. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

It honestly seems like a bit of a cash grab for rivet on this one $20 Canadian for steam rail tour with like three scenarios no

• Like Like x 4
  23. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Hey need to recover from all the refunds from Edinburgh - Glasgow :D

24. Bravo2six

I do wonder wether alot of people on these forums say they refunded but never actually do.
    Steam really don't like giving refunds and if you do it oftern, then you get flagged.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

Ive got the steam railtour aswell quite enjoying it tbh em if u looking to see the steam train on glasgow to Edinburgh fly by you drive the 19.44pm glasgow to Edinburgh Waverly ive driven the railtour on west cornwall local and enjoyed it its a challenge to stick to time but its a railtour who really cares havent done any the scenarios yet but yeah so far its good and yeah the forums are full of great people with great things to say good and bad tbh if i sat and listened to everyone om here i wouldnt buy any routes bar the new tsg one that's coming which i get hype behind my god aye tsg are armstong powerhouse of tsw i know people ain't going like me saying that but for quality the detail their put in into german locos the route will be mint but my point i believe with any sim game or any kind game your mind and imagination are part it to thats why stuff like steam railtour i can look bu the 5 coach stuff i get it people want realism and i get that im in a camp of dont care so long not completely crazy should be done but yeah i dont speak on here often and tbh proably not reply this because zest pool will come out everyone can think what their want to what i said but if yous haven't realised yet after all these years what u going to get with tsw like i have now and enjoy it if u want to what it is a chilled out relaxing game most time

26. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Hope my negativity does not punctuate anyone’s enjoyment of this DLC.

27. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Your, or anybody's, negativity does not bother me in one iota... just hope you find something you like at some point... Cheers

28. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  29. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

LOL probably Jasper’s sense of humour getting the better of him. :D
    It sums up rather nicely my steam driving skills though!

• Like Like x 1
  31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

TSW DLCs be like...

• Like Like x 7
  32. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I mean the considering the DLCs they've been lately and the consistent cash grabs you know he may be onto something

• Like Like x 2
  33. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

They can only grab the cash if you offer it up willingly. If you’re not happy with the content/price, then leave it to fester on the shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  34. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

He took reference from this video which is a “meme” now:

it may sounds unprofessional to use such profanity but at least it’s honest as it shows the current state TSW3 is taking I mean releasing more and more DLC in a rush without polishing and fixing bugs and glitch is kinda sad I just miss TSW OG era.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I think it's priced well (especially if you don't own the Jubilee through the "Spirit of Steam" addon yet). 2 new liveries, 2 etrax Christmas themed versions, the retrofitted AWS & speedometer, 5 scenarios and the services.

Oh and thanks MYG92 for explaining the meme. I'm sorry if you find this inappropriate, but if you don't like it, feel free to ignore the milliseconds it's on the screen. I had fun editing that video. ^^

• Like Like x 15
  36. redrev1917

For a Pegi 3 rated game having a tutorial with profanities is not only in inappropriate but also goes against this rating.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Scott295

Pegi does not rate the content of Youtube videos and especially not those of independent third parties. Lets be honest, its hardly the worst word in the world anyway and the clear intent is comedy, not offense.

• Like Like x 7
  38. Scott295

Speaking as someone here who has actually bought the dlc, I have to say its great value and I am having a lot of fun. The liveries are very well done and the scenarios well-thought out with good AI traffic. Four new liveries for the Jubilee! When it was announced I had doubts as to what it would offer but it's been very well done. Having aws is a welcome touch too. I just need to get better at driving it so I can arrive at the destination on time. :D

• Like Like x 5
  39. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me the service totals for each route it runs on please

40. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

41. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

So far I've enjoyed the pack. Scenarios are interesting, and the liveries don't throw up any problems for me.
    If anything, I'm still a bit suspicious of the steam gameplay, but that's a TSW issue, and I've learned to work around it until DTG manage to nail it.

42. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Jasper, can you tell us why the train only has 5 coaches, please? Many of us aren’t buying it for that reason. Any chance of changing it to something more realistic (8+)? Thanks.

43. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I wonder if they keep the quality low to fit in gen 8 available ram thus we are all restricted by the lowest common denominator?

44. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We've asked for it to be reuploaded here:

For a more general intro to operating Steam locos, our guide from Spirit of Steam is here:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Sorry, are people really triggered by the word "LOVE" in a youtube video? Don't we have any other problems?

You should be more triggered by the state of that DLC. Rivet is better in making a meme in a video, than doing their TSW-DLCs.

Edit: I did not use the word LOVE, but the word Rivet used in their video. It was autochanged ;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  46. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

No Bad Vilbel Stockheim will be first. Preview is scheduled next Friday ;)

47. redrev1917

Not triggered but do feel I should be confident of letting a young child sit watching an official dev produced TSW tutorial without feeling I need to review it first to to ensure there's nothing unsuitable in it.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I refunded a DLC for the first time ever. I think I have given Rivet enough chances and its annoying to find they have missed little things. The very first scenario doesn't have RailDriver working even though the bindings are there and it worked in the very next journey. And they don't have a key binding for the AWS in the rail driver config. I will not buy it again unless they fix these things.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. redrev1917

Thanks for the feedback, proper full RailDriver support is a red line for me, if it doesn't have basic safety systems included then it will never be part of my collection

• Like Like x 3
  50. I don't see a problem with this dlc. The trains look nice, everything works so far and with only 5 coaches I can maintain some speed up the grades.
    With a 10 coach jubilee I'm usually reduced to a crawl before I reach the top.
    It's 9.99 not 99.99.

• Like Like x 2