Tsw - Error Prevents Game Launching

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by eiamw, Jan 9, 2019.

1. eiamw

eiamw New Member

Hello,

I got TSW as a Christmas present from my wife and installed it on 26/12/18. A few days later I got an error message (see attached screenshot) which required a reinstall to get it working again. The yesterday 9/01/19 the error happened again. I logged the initial error with Tech Support who reported back that my graphics card didn't meet the minimum specs, but as far as I can see they do - I have 2Gb. When I reported back that the error had happened it was suggested that yesterdays WU (which I didn't actually install until today) may be the problem. I would have expected that the error message would have given enough information for a definitive solution. So before I ask for a refund I'm hoping someone on this forum may be able to help.

It is frustrating as in the less that two weeks I have TSW I've spent more time troubleshooting than playing the game.

Thanks in advance,

Tony TSW Error.jpg

2. eiamw

eiamw New Member

Hi,
    As no one replied to this I did some further research and solved this. In case anyone else has the same issue and reads this here is the solution that worked for me.
    Problem was that my anti-virus program (AVG) flagged up the file whose name ends in "-Shipping.exe" as a virus. Sometimes AV programs flag us "false positives". I believe that other AV programs may also show treat this file as suspect.
    Solution for me was to go to the AVG settings where I was able to exclude the file-path from being scanned.
    Regards,
    Tony

3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear you've been having problems with Train Sim World but glad to hear you've managed to get up and running again. I'd really like to investigate the issue relating to Customer Support, from an improving quality perspective, could you share your ticket number with me please?

Best, Steve

4. s_vladalexandru

s_vladalexandru New Member

Hello,

I have the same problem Tony had. I tried to apply the same solution to exclude the file-path from being scanned, but it doesn't work for me.I have Avast Free Antivirus installed currently on my system.
    Thank you for the support!