No Route Updates

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dudders, May 22, 2023.

1. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

Is it me or has dtg stopped pushing out any updates for any of the routes. We was always getting some update for a perticular route or routes but its all gone quite. Any one else noticed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes it seems pretty much fire and forget these days. A few essential fixes (if you're lucky) but pretty much nothing in the way of additional loco or rolling stock DLC. Look no further than Spirit Of Steam which has taken nearly a year to fix the AI SPAD issues, steam physics is still nowhere near as good as TSC and not a single additional loco and item(s) of stock (buffet car!) to flesh things out a bit.

I have every suspicion Peak Forest will go exactly the same way, despite customers gagging for a green diesel pack pretty much sitting here with wallets open in anticipation of a nice reskinned Class 45, a Sulzer Type 2 and a BR&CW Class 104 DMU.

Moral of story, when DTG announce a new route with all the hyperbole, high fives and pink headphones, look very closely at what's in the box and don't expect anything to get added.

• Like Like x 7
  3. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the Niddertalbahn and Left Rhine fixes. TSG even said, few of the things on the 628 from Niddertalbahn are already fixed and just waiting to be released...

• Like Like x 2
  4. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Been radio silence from Rivet on the Edinburgh to Glasgow outstanding issues too.
    Quite frustrating

• Like Like x 4
  5. dudders

Yes I'm not sure what's going on but it's all very quite. May be it has something to do with focus?

6. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

Plus. Wait at least few months after new release with purchase, to see if they give decent care for the route.
    So far waiting for fixing: The Us freight locos are in mess, passengers system broken, liveries randomization broken, scenario planner weak, weather randomization (practically TSW is game in the fog) and lightning broken, sound very weak.

7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Quick update on these to the best of my knowledge:
    • Bremen/Linke Rheinstrecke - patch reviewed by QA, awaiting release (no confirmed date)
    • Rivet release - patch reviewed by QA, back with Rivet after their feedback
    • Midland Main Line - testing this week
    • Niddertalbahn - need to check

• Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  8. ctlee#2068

ctlee#2068 Active Member

9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There's no need to bring up tsc with almost every comment you make. They are working on patches like they said so are the other 3rd parties and patches have been released for the released content.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Soon™

• Like Like x 3
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. dudders

Thanks JD at least we have heard something. As I said before not much happening in updates and was wondering what had happened.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Rather than constant updates which breaks the content or even older content, they now test, test and test again which means even when they say they've fixed something, we may not get that fix for a few months(!) because it's in beta, then QA, then back to dev, then beta, then QA...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yes, they do all of that, then release a patch that sometimes still breaks something.

16. OldVern

JD’s response is noted and appreciated but I would also like to see the lack of supplemental content for existing routes addressed. SoS being a prime example and where we are as regards embellishments for PFR.

• Like Like x 1
  17. theorganist

Sadly I don't think DTG have ever stated any intention (or lack of intention) of releasing anything for SOS, which is odd as there is plenty of potential DLC and a timetable with huge gaps in it (edit I am informed below that I am incorrect).

They seem to have stated fairly vague intentions regarding PFR but I suspect it will be some times, possibly many months till we see anything.

They seem to be quite the opposite to SHG when it comes to revealing their intentions, which is their right of course but I am not sure is always helpful.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Matt actually has addressed this: DTG do have ambitions for SOS, but it's all on hold until they get steam physics + firing fully sorted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. theorganist

Oh thanks, I must have missed that then. I shall take back what I said and see what develops.

20. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Anything on pantograph bug fix for NYT or is that coming with the timetable update?

• Like Like x 1
  21. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I don't think it's feasible for DTG to provide free "upgrades" to old DLCs. I will agree that:
    1. when I bought a DLC, I paid for what was in it, not for what might be added to it later. I'm talking about trains, timetables, scenarios, not functionality: they must provide bug fixes for the content they released, but not necessarily new timetables, layers, trains, etc.
    2. it takes effort to create layers, timetables, and so on. I am more than happy to pay for additions like New Journeys DLCs for certain routes, as long as the price is right. So, if I want to see a busier NYT, or NID, or PFR, then I would look on the roadmap for some sort of content DLC that adds layers, timetable services, and scenarios. For example, "Peak Forest in the Diesel era" would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG JD

No plans at this stage. I know Matt has mentioned about a 4F layer on SoS being a possibility, but it's not in active development.

I need to check in on this.

23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They already do... They have added in functionality and timetable improvements etc, and changes to physics on one route will update any other route where those physics applies...

24. DTG JD

25. theorganist

Well of course and it is a risk of course that they might not add DLC. Also, I certainly wouldn't expect anything for free.

However if we were to be left with a litany of routes which were note fulfilling their potential, my excitement for the next new route would wain significantly. This is not happening in the most part but some of the more historic routes either have gaps in the timetable or not nearly the variety of traction they would have seen in the period they are set.

26. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I know, but I'm pointing out that it should not be expected. If you look at a lot of the DLC feedback threads, some people consider themselves entitled to upgrades, some quite significant. If you don't like the DLC as it is, don't buy it. If you bought it, it's because you liked what you saw, but you shouldn't complain that such-and-such train is not on the route, or that the timetable is not filled with services, or that there is "potential" left on the table.

• Like Like x 1
  27. u guys have said the fixes would be fixed by next roadmap looking at the dates would put it at June 6th unless u move it to the following week or on the Thursday as we all know your downtime is more on this years core update knowing history

28. theorganist

I think it is fair to point out where potential lies. Whether it is complaining or not is another matter. If you don't ask you don't get.

Routes like SOS and PFR are far quieter than they would be in reality and also far quieter than routes set in more modern times. SEHS is about to get some new DLC for example, the third to my knowledge, four if you include the now included class 465.

It doesn't mean you can't enjoy the routes, I am enjoying much of PFR.

• Like Like x 2
  29. OldVern

Yes well JD just confirmed above "no plans", as regards SoS which is presumably not just as regards the 4F but any other enhancement pack. This will no doubt extend to PFR, too. How boring. As I've said previously, it's like spending ages building a detailed model railway but never having more than a handful of stock to run on it.

So long as this mindset prevails, then I'm afraid TSW is going to struggle against TSC where you can freely buy traction and rolling stock DLC and set up your own complex scenarios to operate.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I do recall Matt on a live stream stating that they had dlc plans, but with SoS in the state it was in, it was an internal decision to hold off.

But now with two routes set in the same era, I suspect we might see 60's era dlcs arriving in the form of Green BR and new Steam locos

31. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

To be "fair" dtg never promised something different than a steam only route as it was released now.

But it definetly points out the lack of vision in this house.
    Soon summer releases get hyped and everybody moves on.

At least with peak forest, the wagon and steam loco availability increased by 1 each ;).

With the lack of quality in the timetables, i can immagine people stay with ts classic

32. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's a fine line isn't it between what is a fix to bring a route or loco up to a generally acceptable standard which should be freeware and, on the other hand, additional functionality or content, which may be payware.

DTG have done both. SHG appear to be incorporating fixes and additional content for MML within a freeware update.

We don't know what will happen with the fixes and added timetable content with NYT, which ought to be free, but we can assume that a diesel pack plus timetable upgrade to PFR, if it materializes, will be a paid download.