Release Window?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mr JMB, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I think the last update was 9th May. So weeks of nothing that would appear to me to be a good release window for the long awaited TSW2 patches? Mind you there are also other TSW3 routes awaiting patches so the lack of any updates is a bit confusing! Any news or ETAs?

2. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

I posted this a couple of weeks ago why has there been no updates. I can only think a lot of staff are on holiday.

3. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

Or there is a summer release announcement imminent.

4. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

They said on the Roadmap stream that there will be silent weeks indeed for all fixes etc to make, test and release. So big patches coming (soon?). Also most likely work on huge summer 'thing'

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment. On the one hand, the missing addon manager updates for Xbox consoles and PC have to work properly, then there are the bugfix betas to be tested and the big summer release is getting closer and closer. i.e. not only the developers, but also the beta testers have a lot to do right now.
    Since updates are always collected and released together rather than releasing them in small chunks week by week, it could well be that right after the June roadmap or with the NTP modern edition everything will be released.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

As an XBox player I am quite happy to wait indefinitely for them to get it to work on PS5 properly before they think of porting it to XBox.

When it launched for TSW2 we had a range of issues, from diesel legends just giving a CTD the moment you opened the timetable, to the core stock for routes vanishing if you had any addons like loco packs or new journeys installed, leaving only DLC locos. Took a while for DTG to push out updates for the affected routes, but they did fix it, however for a week or two it was rendering every affected route virtually (Or in the case of the GWE diesel timetable, literally) unplayable, and over on PS5 they seem to be getting a few repeats of several issues we saw back then for TSW2.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

NTP modern edition????

I'd be v interested in that

8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yeah what is that??? Give me a modern NTP route now ;) I’d buy that immediately

9. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

According to the May roadmap, it's only halfway the previous NTP route from Manchester to Hadfield, also known as the Glossop Line. But it's a top current version with a suitable EMU train. I'm not from this area so I can't tell you whitch one, but other forum members may help. Because it's shorter it isn't the full DLC route price as usual.

10. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The addon manager for TSW3 runs quite well on my PS5, everything is where it should be, on the PS4 as well. The crazy thing is that the addon manager for the PS5 was actually tested on Xbox consoles, since beta test versions for Playstation consoles are not feasible for DTG.

11. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

If there's a new TS4 or variant this summer, I'm not gonna be buying it. I'm beyond fed up of things being done by DTG staff half heartedly and then getting barely any feedback when things go wrong. Look at what Skyhook are doing with MML, That's how it should be done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Manchester to Glossop and Hadfield is not the NTP. It's the sawn off remnant of the former (magnificent) Woodhead route.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Hadfield/Glossop to Manchester is reusing the class 323 from BCC but reskinned into Northern Rail livery (hopefully some interior changes too).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I can still remember this long tunnel at NTP, but Hadfield and Glossop are way ahead of that. If the Class323 is used, it is driven with overhead lines. Could it be that the original NTP route no longer exists and therefore ends in Hadfield? I just looked it up on Google maps and there isn't much left of the former railway line, just a walk or bike trail like in Peak Forest. :o

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  15. marcsharp2

It was the Woodhead route which ran into Sheffield Victoria and then down to London Marylebone via the Great Central Railway.

16. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

This is what I am seeing today in TSW2 on PC, installed from MS Store. Now that I own every bit of DLC released for TSW2 (except for RhB Anniversary), there are two main issues on PC:
    1. not all content can be installed on PC -> at some point in 2021, XBox content for TSW2 can only be installed on XBox, not on PC. For UK, BML, WCL and SOS cannot be installed on PC. Basically, all content released since Rush Hour.
    2. on some routes, DLC content has made original content disappear from timetables. For example, the 395 is gone from SEH, the 314 is gone from CCL, and so on.

No such issues with TSW2 on XSX, but I don't think I see all the possible layers. I raised a ticket for 187 and 182 loco DLCs, which only appear on their respective home routes on XSX, while they sub on many other routes on PC.

I haven't played TSW3 yet, since completing my DLC collection. I hope there aren't any surprises there.

17. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There's not going to be a tsw4 this summer. It's way too soon for that. If we follow the release schedule, tsw4 would be next year. This year is going to be like rush hour that you don't have to buy. We don't know what the future is going to be since the focus acquisition. Things may change and we stick to the current tsw but if they want to start fresh and do better, then we may see a new tsw in the future.

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'm not to fussed about fixes for Koblenz Mainz, Niddertalbahn & MML and happy to wait for these.

WHAT I do mind about is that we've not had a fix for the incab signalling on BS & Harlem which broke with the last fix. This should have been a priority and pushed out by now IMO.

19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sorry you are getting the routes confused. The Woodhead Line is an entirely different entity to the North Trans Pennine, which is the route from Manchester to Leeds via Huddersfield. The long tunnel on that route is Standege.

The Woodhead line ran to the south and was never to my knowledge known as NTP, it is an entirely separate entity. But you are correct that the section east of Hadfield is closed and lifted.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. rennekton#1349

Manchester victoria vs manchester piccadilly. 2 different stations.

21. gibsonaj67

gibsonaj67 Active Member

I asked JD about the lack of information on update patches and was told it'll be discussed in next week's Roadmap.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  22. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

This is a edited look at the route as it was

This is a slightly longer one on the route posted only yesterday

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. stewartforgie

stewartforgie Well-Known Member

Derek Siddle did as great job on that route in TSC!

24. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Thanks to everybody who corrected me and for the suitable historical footage! I think the soon to be published article by DTG on this route will certainly bring some clarity to those who are not so familiar with the former "British Railways" routes. Nevertheless it's still a pity that so many former routes have been dismantled, because nowadays alternatives to congested roads and more climate-friendly rail transport are more in demand than ever.

Update: just take a second look on Google maps. The NTP route and this long Standedge Tunnel still exist. So a modern version is not impossible someday. Manchester not only has two Premier League football clubs, but also two main train stations. So we'll see another part of it. ;)

25. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

We have a series of patches going through testing at the moment (I believe Linke Rheinstrecke/Bremen-Oldenburg/Rivet route patches/Midland Main Line improvements) - then will come Niddertalbahn and a few others.

Can't give you a date until they pass QA though. Hoping for next week, but will have a better idea by the time the Roadmap is out next week.

• Like Like x 4
  26. marcsharp2

Oh yeah the Roadmap is out next week. I can't wait to hear the latest excuses for various issues this time round, like still no GWE 125 livery editor.

• Like Like x 1
  27. rennekton#1349

It's on the roadmap as in development which means > 1 month but < 3 months.

28. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

You're providing the usual misinformation. Less than 3 months, you say?!
    HST livery designer functionality on roadmaps:
    May 2023
    April 2023
    March 2023
    February 2023
    January 2023
    December 2022
    November 2022
    October 2022

BR 187 Audio improvements and all the Preservation Crew updates are also on the roadmap since TSW3 launched. But who's keeping track, right?!

• Like Like x 2
  29. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

In fairness the last road map did introduce a traffic light system not seen before

upload_2023-6-2_17-53-2.png

30. rennekton#1349

Have you even looked at the may roadmap? There's a section at the bottom explaining what the tags mean. In planning, in development and next release and red light. That's what I'm going by and believing. You can disagree.

31. pessitheghost

pessitheghost Well-Known Member

That means the 700 is coming out this month as it has been teased since march, as well as the glossop to hadfield and JT route

32. rennekton#1349

The tags were placed at the May roadmap, not before.

33. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

If you look at the November roadmap, they posted screenshots of the HST in Livery Designer. If that wasn't "in development", then I don't know what is.

• Like Like x 1