Main-spessart Ost: Würzburg Extensions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NorthRail1, Feb 16, 2019.

1. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Main-Spessart Ost: Würzburg Extensions
    As I have previously mentioned in the thread 'Thoughts on Main-Spessart Bahn route for TSW', an extension to Würzburg would help improve Main-Spessart Bahn. As this would not be added as a free addition, here is an idea of how it could be implemented in a paid dlc in the future, like the route extensions created for TS1. Whilst this probably won't happen any time soon, it would be good to see happen eventually.
    The Route
    wurzburgmap.png

On the above map, the Main-Spessart Bahn dlc is shown in red between Aschaffenburg and Gemünden. The two routes shown in blue are the potential extension to Würzburg. The line on the left is the high speed route opened in 1994, which diverges from the Main-Spessart Bahn after Lohr. Adding this 36 kilometre route would provide a high speed route with speeds of up to 280 km/h. The route on the right is the lower speed (160 km/h) Main-Spessart Bahn from Gemünden to Würzburg. Regional Express and Regional Bahn services could be extended along this route. The combined route extension length would be 73 km, long by TSW route standards, but still feasible in the future.
    Locomotives
    The DB BR 146, 185 and Doppelstockwagen featured in the Main-Spessart Bahn dlc could be used on this extension along with new locomotives.
    1920px-ICE_3_Oberhaider-Wald-Tunnel.jpg
    The ICE 3 operates the ICE 41 service along this route, stopping at Aschaffenburg HBF and Würzburg HBF, travelling via the high speed route. This would be the first high speed train added to Train Sim World, expanding the variety on the route significantly.
    111_001_Koblenz_Luetzel_02062012.JPG
    The DB BR 111 could also be added to operate Regional Express and Regional Bahn services alongside the DB BR 146 and Doppelstockwagen, adding further variety to the rolling stock on the route. This will also expand the range of older German locomotives available, the only other older German locomotive available for TSW being the DB BR 143.
    Conclusion
    At a similar length to the Rapid Transit route, this would be a sizable extension to the Main-Spessart route but would make the route feel much more varied with a new high speed section and a new older locomotive. Whilst this probably won't happen soon it would be a good long term idea for Train Sim World.​

• Like Like x 54
  2. 37114

37114 Active Member

Extending it into Frankfurt would be nice too.

• Like Like x 5
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I see a huge potential in this idea... Would be so great to have a long route. Not everyone would like it, but for the ones who do a paid expansion would be nice. However we will just have to wait and see if DTG will do this.

• Like Like x 5
  4. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

I think the DB BR 111 would be a good DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BjornGroen02NL

I think that if DTG makes a loco DLC for this route, it should be the BR 151. This was the loco used for pulling the trains up the hill, in the legendary "Spessart Rampe". It is a shame we have to use the BR 185.2 now as this is a modern loco.

[​IMG]

This is a video of the Spessart Rampe, in German, but I still want to leave it here:

Anyway, I find it a though choice if I had to choose for either the BR 151 or the BR 111 in it as they both have big potential on this route.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

7. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Since the DB BR 151 operates on the Spessartrampe which is already featured in Train Sim World, it would probably be better as a separate loco dlc as I've also said in this thread: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/spessartrampe-banking-locos.15011/
    As this idea would be an extension of the route, I think it would be better to include locos that operate on the eastern section of the route. Both ideas would be good to see in TSW but I think they would be better as separate dlc.

The DB BR 151 could probably also be released much earlier than any route extension as it will be easier to add a new locomotive than build this route extension.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BjornGroen02NL

Sorry, I didn't saw that thread... Yes the 151 could come earlier. However when there will be a bigger expansion, your ideas are perfect for this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I definitely back this, currently with all thats going on, the peformance alone is really good. Hopefully DTG consider, on the flipside it seems very controversial with this new addon which i've experienced from on the Discord sadly

• Like Like x 1
  10. seifert.f

seifert.f New Member

Hello everyone,

I find TSW much more interesting than TS, the Main Spessart route was very well done
    now to the route Main Spessart, I also have a question when will the extension Würzburg Ost come, with the NSB route for the ICE fast-driving route, the Spessart ramp has also been converted since 2017, now that I myself am a developer working with 3ds Max could also build the arch bridge for them at Hösbach via the A3, the Laufach-Hain, Schwarzkopftunnel will hardly be used anymore even at the Natenbach curve, because I could use the ICE of the NSB in, they have already built it has nice bow below, it was mentioned that etv Main Spessart Würzburg Ost will someday update I would welcome it

greetings
    Frank

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Nice and if you picked the DB BR403 on the scenario Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Lohr you won't end up rolling back into the station because you have enough power to accelerate from 0 km/h to 60 km/h 40 mph on full throttle and start to roll back. Happened to me twice at Aschaffenburg station when I had to accelerate the DB BR 146.2 at full power from Aschaffenburg on a Local service to Gemünden.

12. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Now, in TSW 2, this route actually seems very feasible. Good suggestion!

• Like Like x 1