Ts19 Update: 6 March 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Mar 6, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

In response to your feedback, today we are releasing an update to the TS19 64-bit Editor:
    • Fixed an issue where creating/editing a route in the 64-bit editor would potentially corrupt signalling, track-linked objects (such as road crossings), track markers and/or complicated crossovers/junctions
    • Update Size: 18MB
    No Updated Content? Steam File Verify
    In the unlikely event that Train Simulator fails to update, you’ll need to perform a file verify and ensure Steam provisions your installation properly. Follow the instructions link below to perform a file verify to reset your installation to default. Note that this process can take some time to complete and, if you have a high number of Add-Ons, we’d recommend you do this overnight.

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/41/0/how-do-i-verify-my-game-files

If you find that after the file verify has completed, you are confident you have not received the update, please contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket to our support site where someone will assist you directly.

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

Good to hear that this bug has been finally fixed.

EDIT: First new bug reports are in. Is seems that if you use the 64-bit your route coordinates are reset to the route coordinates of the route that you used as a template. So if you used Munich to Augsburg as route template, the editor will reset your route coordinates to those of Munich to Augsburg. More updates soon.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I had a update this morning but it was not the 18mb you listed it was 4.8mb.

4. Wolf

Wolf Member

TrainSim-Dmitri Is that the rounding errors in the serz.exe that are being fixed?

I know a few route builders and they would like to know.

Aside from that good to see that this is getting fixed.

5. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

ya me too i got 4.8 mb not 18mb.

6. elatn

elatn Active Member

I got 4.8 MB from the update too.

7. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

4.8mb is the download size, it will expand to the larger size after installing.

8. gwgardner

gwgardner New Member

I confirmed the update, did some route editing, and do NOT see the route coordinates problem mentioned in the quote. Previously reported problems seem to indeed be fixed in this 64-bit editor update.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stubbsdonny86

stubbsdonny86 Member

I'm having trouble receiving my update. In fact it's set to update automatically and I'm not sure I've gotten anything. I've done a file verification and changed my download region. Still nothing. Am I looking in the wrong place or something? If you can help that would be great. Thanks

10. Rob Jansen

Check the version.txt in the root folder of your installation. It should say: v66.1b
    Then you have got the update.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stubbsdonny86

stubbsdonny86 Member

thanks! So will I have to install the update or did it do that automatically? I've heard of people who got downloads and had to install them. Sorry if this is such a dumb question

12. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi,

Steam installs updates automatically so there should be nothing required.

13. Rob Jansen

Steam updates are mandatory, either it will update when you launch the game. Displaying the progress of the update or if you want to update yourself goto 'Library' and then 'downloads' or just restart steam.

If you played with the settings when it auto-installs updates, you need to start the update manually from the library -> downloads, it will be there. Start it with the 'up arrow'.

Never had any issue with updating Steam.
    Be sure, that if you changed some files, like custom backgrounds, start-up screens or background music, it can revert to the original one if you didn't set the file to 'read-only' in the properties.
    Same as with a Steam verify (which could break add-ons that enhance Steam DLC with sounds, such as Armstrong Powerhouse).

• Like Like x 1