Main-spessart :: Our Own Oddities -- No Train!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Feb 24, 2019.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Not wanting to use up the scenarios too quickly, I switched to services, selected the BR 143 and the 1st service: Aschaffenburg Hbf - (I forget where). departing at 04:34, made a couple of weather alterations, and started the service. And ... there I was, absolutely alone on a station platform --- no train anywhere in sight, but with a set time to the next station. Should I have started running?

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeculiar, I calls it!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I mentioned this on the Discord and all I got was "It works for me". But one other member too had this issue, also SIFA gets stuck with locos and passenger services at times.

Hope it's sorted

3. mldaureol

mldaureol New Member

This is Definately a bug.
    I can confirm this only affects the first service at 4:34.
    It Spawns you at the destination platform instead of inside the train at the starting point of the service.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

If Sifa gets stuck, try standing up and then sitting down again. That works for me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

Same for me!

6. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

This was an issue in RSN as well. What you are seeing is the failsafe subroutine Dovetail programmed in. Simply put of the game cannot put you in the cab/in control of your train, it falls back to spawning you at any of the designated "Walking Points." The other thing is that someone may have just put the starting service marker in the wrong place. Either way this should have been caught by the beta team.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks, this confirms my opinion. I complained and filed tickets but the helpdesk refuses to believe me. I even made a stream showing the issue, but never heard anything again. Somehow quality assurance at DTG is not working well... They even claim to have beta testers I'm not sure if I can believe that. On the other hand, testing 30-40 services in service mode is a horrible task. of course and very expensive.