Gwe Hardest Service - Most Reds Etc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainmania100, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Looking for what you guys feel to be the most challenging SERVICE on the GWE with any type of train. I've done the scenarios and they're all quite straightforward as you have hints, but what would you say is the most challenging service, or one which has the most red signals, or catching you out with yellows etc
    Looking for something interesting

Whilst I type this message, I'm flying through Slough with nothing but greens the whole way... I'm finding it hard to be entertained when there's only green signals the whole way

2. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

:()

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Some services are clear all the way to your end destination, and there are some services where where not all your signals are green. I have had a good number of services where I was getting yellows and reds. It all depends on which service you choose. Also if you read the description it might indicate that you will slowed or held a signal.

4. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Some of the 125 services from Reading to Paddington from I think Didcot Parkway get held up. you really have to have your wits about you to brake on time from 125 through double amber , single and red. I agree though it is to easy on most. Will any editor allow the user to make it more complex?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

HSTs from Hereford, Worcester tend to have a stop halfway. Theres one around 16:30 ish

6. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

The 22-00 Paddington to Bristol has you chasing a freight with yellows and a couple of red signals

7. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Cheers I'll try that one

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

I did the 1H54 service from Paddington to Reading yesterday in the 166 and had a service in front of me with multiple double-yellows and "chasing yellows" opportunities. Good fun. :)

9. timewarp#8263

timewarp#8263 New Member

I wanted this as well but the PlayStation version doesn't have that service for some reason. Any other good ones on this line with some amber and reds?

10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So you can get these missing services on PS and Xbox if you start a GWE timetable service via Journey mode (doesn't matter which one, but i usually pick a 166 service). Wait for it to load up and then quit back to the route menu. Now, go into timetable (not via Journey) and all the missing services will be available.

IIRC since the latest update for GWE, this trick no longer increases the number of available services shown when you first go into timetable, but they are still listed and playable once you select a loco.
    P.S. you have to do the trick every time you restart TSW2 (or change routes).

• Like Like x 1
  11. timewarp#8263

timewarp#8263 New Member

I tried it, but the latest HST is 19:55, not the 22:00 mentioned here. :(

By this I guess you mean the count shown on the "timetable" button?

12. timewarp#8263

timewarp#8263 New Member

I think I managed it. I had to change route to something else (e.g. LGV) and then back to GWR. I now have the 22:00 HST service.

It shows Reading arrival time as 22:39 though from the off, so I'm wondering if it'll have the amber and reds as described. I'll report back once I've had a go. Ta!

13. L89

L89 Well-Known Member