1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gwe Hardest Service - Most Reds Etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trainmania100, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Active Member

Looking for what you guys feel to be the most challenging SERVICE on the GWE with any type of train. I've done the scenarios and they're all quite straightforward as you have hints, but what would you say is the most challenging service, or one which has the most red signals, or catching you out with yellows etc
    Looking for something interesting

Whilst I type this message, I'm flying through Slough with nothing but greens the whole way... I'm finding it hard to be entertained when there's only green signals the whole way

2. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Some services are clear all the way to your end destination, and there are some services where where not all your signals are green. I have had a good number of services where I was getting yellows and reds. It all depends on which service you choose. Also if you read the description it might indicate that you will slowed or held a signal.

4. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra New Member

Some of the 125 services from Reading to Paddington from I think Didcot Parkway get held up. you really have to have your wits about you to brake on time from 125 through double amber , single and red. I agree though it is to easy on most. Will any editor allow the user to make it more complex?

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Active Member

HSTs from Hereford, Worcester tend to have a stop halfway. Theres one around 16:30 ish

6. Manclion

Manclion Member

The 22-00 Paddington to Bristol has you chasing a freight with yellows and a couple of red signals

7. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Active Member

Cheers I'll try that one

8. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

I did the 1H54 service from Paddington to Reading yesterday in the 166 and had a service in front of me with multiple double-yellows and "chasing yellows" opportunities. Good fun. :)