Main - Spessart Bahn Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Personally I would always raise a ticket with DTG rather than relying on DTG reading about a particular problem on the forum. I believe that DTG's view in the past and quite possibly currently is that problems are prioritised based upon the number of tickets raised i.e. issues are more likely to be addressed if lots of people moan about them. Mind you the difficulty and resource required to fix an issue will also be an important factor as well.

2. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

I see the issue from RSN returns.
    This is the failsafe Dovetail programmed in. Simply put, if the game cannot put you in the cab of your train, it falls back to spawning you at any of the designated"Walking Points."

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

I found some more things, but I am frustrated and disappointed about the lack of response by DTG. What is this thread for, when nobody of DTG cares and replies?

There is a speed sign, which doesn't match to the following speed of 130 km/h:

In the cab of the Baureihe 146 there is a weird stretched polygon on the right handle:

Some mountains look really bad in contrast to the good looking scenery beside the tracks:

And one thing that annoys me the most is the view distance of the shadows of the tracks, but this is not only a Main-Spessart-Bahn problem and unfortunately it's not possible to increase the distance with an edit of the engine.ini:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

metr0p0litain : there are two wrong speed signs on the route, i allready reported that 2 days after release to the DTG support. I hope it will be fixed.

20190221221511_1.jpg 20190221222256_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Daniel how did you activate that right display with route informations? I can only change its contrast, brightnes and turn it off/on but other buttons are dead.

6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thanks Daniel! I will try this mod-addon.
    I thought that this is some secret function. Maybe DTG implement it in the future.

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a nice addition anyway ...

9. AdvancedFollower

AdvancedFollower New Member

Yes I experienced the same issue.
    Incidentally, this was the first service I tried with the new DLC. Not a very good first impression.
    One would expect DTG beta testers to test drive each service at least once.

Another expectation would be a response to bug reports such as this one, which was posted two weeks ago, rather than complete radio silence after taking our money.

From my side, the response will be a negative Steam review for this DLC.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You do realize that there are over 300 services, right?

• Like Like x 1
  11. AdvancedFollower

AdvancedFollower New Member

So what? This is not freeware. Beta testing every possible scenario is part of the process when releasing a commercial product. If the very first service I tried has a game breaking bug making it impossible to complete, who knows how many other services are broken?

Also, that doesn't excuse the radio silence now that this particular bug has been reported.

These DLC's are not cheap, they cost as much as many full games. Games that took 2 years to develop by teams of hundreds of people (tens of thousands man-hours).
    300 services - 50-ish beta testers, it would be done in a day and cost them less than 25-50 copies sold of the DLC. Besides, the beta testers can use accelerated time and other debugging tools that any self respecting developer would provide to their testers.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

If DTG don't have the resources to test that many services, perhaps they should reduce the quantity of services to something more managable. Quality over quantity.

• Like Like x 4
  13. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Or perhaps they should hire an external team to test out all of the service modes but of course we all know they won’t do that as it costs money..

Quantity over quality it seems.

• Like Like x 4
  14. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Interesting to see how some "customers" are perfectly okay with bugs in service mode to the point where you can't even finish the scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

You still can do those services. Just spawn walking at the location where the train starts, then take it over.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

This is my buglist and I will edit this post when I find new bugs. Some of these are old (also reported in older Add-ons) and well known bugs.

General
    - Some speed limits (down) that are indicated by signals are sometimes not displayed, or only displayed when the entire train has passed the signal (only normal with limitations up). A good example is the first scenario (Samstagsschaltkreis). Especially at the entrance to Aschaffenburg Hbf these errors are easy to observe. This is an old TSW problem since the first german Add-on.

BR-146.2
    - In order to be able to operate the arrow keys on the destination display, the "H" key must be operated beforehand each time.

Scenario 1 - "Samstagsschaltkreis"
    - On the way back to Aschaffenburg a yellow signal comes between Laufach and Hösbach. Here the 1000 Hz magnet is not triggered.

766.2 DBpbzfa
    - At the first two timetable scenarios you are standing in the middle of nowhere with no train in the middle of the night.

to be continued...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  17. jerome67

jerome67 New Member

Qu'est-ce que ça veut dire?

Identifiant de connexion: 418ab9574ea6accf38bb63842efe7299
    EpicAccountId: 50407db316174765b09d4fbd38f173c8

Aucun symbole de débogage n'est requis pour afficher la pile d'appels pour cet incident.
    Je joue tranquillement alors le jeu a planté avec un retour windows

18. jerome67

jerome67 New Member

J'ai souvent cette fenêtre qui fonctionne après un crash du jeu

Attached Files:

19. faber2311

faber2311 Member

Please write in English, there are translators, after all, why should we always use them? I also do this because my English is not good.

20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

That's not the issue. I am sure it is possible to find a fair number of people that are willing to help testing some services and give back feedback. I believe it would benefit DTG a lot if they involve the community in bug reports and testing, this would free resources to fix bugs. I also think we will be able to provide far more accurate bug reports once the content editing tools are available, because we can see more of the internal game logic and provide solution proposals.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Can't activate coach lights in the last service starting from Gemuden @ 22.35. Tried both cabins and coach switches.

22. p.s

p.s New Member

There are no destination times for all passenger services.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The banking services are only visible for the Railion version of the BR185.2 For the DB version they are not shown.

24. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

That's exactly how it should be. The Railion version was included with MSB, the DB version simply shows up because you also own RSN. So the banking jobs were only designed for the Railion version.

25. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just want to confirm the problem with this service, ran it twice with the same result and since you had the same problem will submit a ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Fell in the same hole today while exploring on foot. It's just outside the tunnel here:
    20190422143027_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  27. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Confusing ...

28. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Heigenbrücken signal R2 with DB 88124 - BR 182 (14:39h). The signal showed Hp0 (Stop). Signal switched to Hp1 (Free) with Vr0 (expect Stop). The 1000Hz PZB magnet was not active (faulty PZB magnet).

29. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

Yes. On DB 86109 (09:59 from Aschaffenburg) I get stuck at the entry signal to Laufach station, which won't clear (even through the road in clear).

• Like Like x 3
  30. Ninetofive925

I can't get the autorack services to move. It seems to be an issue with all autorack only services. I can get the consists to move only with the 155, but as soon as you cut the power, the train slows down as if it was in a minimum braking step.

I checked my brake pressure gauges, parking brakes, have tried overcharging, full application and then release, but nothing seems to really work.

One service I encountered this issue on that I have the name of is DB 86123. Though i'm certain all of the autorack services have this issue.

One person posted about this early when the DLC was released, so i guess i'm not the only one having this issue?

Cheers

31. Anthony Pecoraro

Use the overcharge button. Hold it for I think 15 seconds, then don’t use the brakes for two minutes after that.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. Ninetofive925

Yup that worked! Thanks

Although i don't think this should be a thing you have to do, should it?

33. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Apparently this is intended because the autorack have a higher brake pipe pressure than the locomotive. This was explained in the last devstream when the question was brought up.

34. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

It would be better if this was included in the route's manual rather than a random fact on livestream.

• Like Like x 15
  35. djaggs

djaggs New Member

Yup its now 24th august and still have this issue... dont see how i can continue the journey mode with this bug...

36. retep998

retep998 New Member

I am also stuck at the red signal on DB 86109. If it was any old timetable service I'd just move on to another one, but this is one of the journey mode services, which is a real nuisance. I gave up after spending an hour on this service, most of which was spent waiting at the red signal. A backlog of trains formed behind me as I waited at the red signal, and a banker locomotive that was trying to return was also blocked by a red signal onto the same section of track so it had a backlog of trains behind it too.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  37. AlexSchmitz

AlexSchmitz New Member

In the Scenario "Saturday Circuit" (altough I'm not sure, if this isn't a general problem) the there is a bug with the BR146.2 . When you arrive at Laufach with the PZB on and then drive back in the 766.2 DBpbzfa while leaving the PZB activated in the BR146.2 (which in Real Life would be correct, and the PZB will become unactive after shutting down the cab) then you get a "Zwangsbremsung" after a short amount of time because the PZB in the BR146.2 is still active even though the cab has been shut down.

38. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a bug. Happened to me, too (in that combination). When I reach the endpoint, I switch SiFa and PZB off in the BR146, move to the dosto and activate it there. You can't acknowlege the alert in the BR146 from the DoSto and vice versa.

39. AlexSchmitz

AlexSchmitz New Member

Well it is a Bug, that the PZB and SiFa stay activated, when the reverser is set to "off"

40. jamster1977

jamster1977 New Member

So on the 9:49 service is there anyway to get past the red light issue?

41. hyperlord

I've seen a video here in this Forum recently how one guy fixed a red light situation like this with free-roam camera and moving a switch. After that the blockage resolved. I'll look it up for you, hold on ... here you go

42. p.s

p.s New Member

Does anyone know, if there ever will be departure-times for the passenger Services like in any other route?

• Like Like x 2
  43. hyperlord

Have had the same problem yesterday at the very same service.

44. Darklord

Darklord New Member

I ran this service DB 86109 (in journey mode) about 20 times! It can only be completed in service mode, where you can adjust the time when you enter the train. In journey mode you are stuck FOREVER.

This also happens in the service 88119 Aschaffenburg-Gemünden, which is also part of the journey mode. Just at the start of the track is a red signal and on the track are 2 trains sitting before red signals. GREAT.
    DTG. Fix your s...:mad:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Anthony Pecoraro

Send a support ticket.

46. Darklord

Darklord New Member

Already done sir. Answer was: "The Dev Team are aware of the issue described but we are unable to confirm if and when an update to fix it will be available."

More ideas?

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  47. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

That's shocking great customer service.
    Still waiting for a fix for the crashing issues on Ntp (ps4) since early June despite them saying it's fixed, well it bloody well isn't!

48. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Refrain from making any demand asking for a fix on such or any other problem of the software. Semi-Cit.

49. hyperlord

Thanks for the workaround, Darklord !

50. Darklord

Darklord New Member

New update, still no fix.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.