Difference Between Ts2019 32 Bit And 64 Bit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ethan TX, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Hi;
    I'm running TS2019 on a Windows 7 x64 box. I would assume that I should always be running the 64 bit version of TS, but I think I read somewhere that some features on some routes may not function properly in the 64 bit version. So far I have yet to experience any such problems.
    Is there any reason I would want to run the 32 bit version?
    Thanks
    ET

2. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

Some mods may not work correctly with the 32bit version and the editor worked better although they have since fixed that.

Other then that, If you have a 64 bit system there is no valid reasons to run 32

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've had no issues running the main game in 64 bit, and only a couple of issues with track editting in the editor
    64bit should be your default

4. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

64bit is a good choice for more complex scenario more AI trains and high quality assets.
    64 bit Editor have been fixed by DTG and it should now not have much issues with editing old routes.

5. dontee1447

dontee1447 New Member

How do you get 64 bit, do you have to buy new software?

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

If you already owned TS 2018, DTG has updated it to TS 2109, including both 32 and 64 bit versions (but not the added DLC that comes with a purchased version of TS2019. If you had a desktop icon that launched TS2018, I think that TS 2019 32-bit's launch icon replaced it; unfortunately, I've forgotten how to place a desktop launch icon for the 64 bit version, but I do know that doing so is possible.

7. dontee1447

dontee1447 New Member

Thanks for that.

8. dontee1447

dontee1447 New Member

I now know how to run the game in 64 bit. On the community page - Library - games - double click on train simulator - a pop-up appears select 64 bit, this opens the game.
    Haven't found a short cut, but I managed to pin it to the task bar. To open I still have to sign in on first use, then it opens the game until I shut down the computer.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

To create a shortcut...
    Go to your steam library, right click Train Simulator, select Properties
    In the properties dialogue box open the LOCAL FILES tab at the top and then click BROWSE LOCAL FILES
    A file explorer window will open at the railworks folder. Find railworks64.exe and right click it
    On the menu select "Send To" and then "Desktop (Create Shortcut)"
    Close the explorer window and go back to your desktop. You will have a shortcut called railworks64, right click it, select rename and change it to Train Simulator (or a wording of your choice)
    Double clicking this will automatically start TSx in 64bit

10. dontee1447

dontee1447 New Member

11. dontee1447

dontee1447 New Member

Yes that works thanks

12. mwayneh

mwayneh New Member

If your not afraid to explore you computer, right click on your "C" drive. Right click the drive then open up a folder that says "program files". Look for your trains folder, when it is open scroll down to icon that says train. Right click it and send it to the desktop to create a shortcut. Go back to your desktop then click on the shortcut icon, it should launch. I did this in MSTS and it worked

• Like Like x 1
  13. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I think that they would have found the answer after 3 years. Did you know that this post is 3 years old?

14. tom3123

tom3123 New Member

Trev123, actually there is still a benefit to replying to old queries which have been left hanging. The reason is that these pages are on the public record and appear as search results for people who are later searching for answers to the same question, which is the position I have just found myself in. So well done, mwayneh, and I think in future you could ensure that your posts sounds a little less patronising, trev123, especially where your position is arguably the wrong one.

15. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

And you just rebumped this thread

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not to mention his 'advice' is complete nonsense anyway. "Look for your trains folder"... Good luck with that seeing as it's the "RailWorks" folder you need.

Look, and this is aimed at any new player to the game that has come across this thread via a search on how to create a desktop shortcut..

Open steam, in your games library right click on Train Simulator (as it's shown in the left) and right click, Then "Manage" and finally "Browse local files"

Image2.jpg

This will take you to your RailWorks folder where you'll then look for the RailWorks64.exe which you then right click and drag it to your desktop, within the list that then displays click on "Create shortcuts here" that's it, done.

• Like Like x 1