Seriously, This Is Really Getting Beyond A Joke Now, Dtg.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wolfy, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

DTG,

It seems like you can not even wait until we are actually operating this simulator before shoving bugs in our (your paying customers) faces now, as you seem to be displaying mind-boggling levels of incompetence even during menu screens.

I thought having 00000 and XXXXX on the side of HST's was a really poor and lazy coding effort, but your latest trick really is the icing on the cake....

How the hell did you manage to get two completely different numbers on the same locomotive?

Did not even one DTG tester notice this glaring "in your face" bug?

[​IMG]

If this is realism, somebody had better get DB Schenker on the phone and tell them that the people applying decals to their rolling stock are either drunk or having a laugh.Seeing as locomotive 66 366 is also 66 662 today.... Maybe it's the same people who work in DTG's QA department?

Now, i am fully aware that every PC game has it's bugs, no matter how big or small they may be. No game will ever be perfectly coded, but it feels like DTG developers are actively going above and beyond the call of duty to destroy every aspect of your own product and laugh in the faces of your fanbase.

Is my post a bit too strong?

Maybe it is, but EVERY SINGLE time i try to spend time playing Train Sim World, i instead become a bloody Beta tester, because DTG's in-house QA team who are PAID TO TEST content before release seem to be on a permanent holiday, or just can't be bothered.

Can i be allowed to spend just 1 hour playing TSW without having my feeling of immersion destroyed, or is that too much to ask?

Look, if the workload and pressure on DTG from it's shareholders is hindering their ability to produce quality content that they can be proud of, why not raise the issue in a future staff meeting, instead of making us all suffer with a rushed to market end product?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Is the locomotive showing two different numbers in services? Mine seems to be fine whenever its displayed, be it in loco selection or 'in the wild' so to speak.

3. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

There is a bug in which the loco selection screen sometimes shows two different trains at the same time. When that happens, you'll usually see a 166 mixed with a HST, or something like that.

There is a chance that this bug has happened on this screenshot as well, and has rendered the 66 twice. If the number is generated randomly (which it might very well be), then this can be the result.

4. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

As i said above, i am NOT a beta tester.

It is not my job to go hunting for things that should have been checked before a games release, and i refuse to spend my time doing so.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Railfan722

It's a slight graphical issue that fixes itself if you actually play the game. You don't have to tinker with files, and while it is a bug, it's not one that I have ever encountered nor seen reported. As Alex has said above, it's entirely possible that there are two Class 66s in the menu there and they are both trying to display their numbers. Why does an odd number in the selection screen even matter? If you get 66 249 in the menu, it's not a guarantee that you'll get the same one on the train you drive.

Another thing to see - can you replicate the bug? If you can't then something else might be going on.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Just for you, here is the bug replicated another 4 times in random succession...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please try to tell me that my PC is somehow responsible now....

And to clarify, i DO NOT care what the number of the locomotive i am operating is. My problem is how DTG always manage to screw things up and not give a damn.

I mean, come on man, when was the last time you saw a train with running number 00000 ?

[​IMG]

Would any self-respecting dev team really think this was acceptable?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Dude, chill out. A tiny bug like this doesn't mean it affects the entire game altogether. Sure, there a few bugs here and there, sometimes on scenarios and services, other times on vehicles and routes. And if there is a problem, we just reported it until they have it fixed (give or take on how they do that lately), and not complaining about how bad it is as it will get you nowhere very fast. So how about you just play the game instead of "complaining" about the small details, like this, that can be avoidable. Note: and it's only from the GWE route and that is an old route.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Railfan722

Do the mismatched numbers show up when you are actually playing a service, or are they only in the menu screens?

9. Challenger3985

It's only bugged on the menu screen. And on class 43s in some scenarios.

10. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

This post highlights the main problem with the community.

"Well, it's an old route, so it doesn't matter."

"Well, it is only a small bug, so let's forget about it."

"Well, DTG is only a smal developer. They can't do this / that / whatever so give them a break."

"Well, i am sure a third-party like AP will fix it eventually, so let's not blame DTG and risk hurting their feelings."

While all the fanboys are happy to make excuses and defend DTG, DTG will happily hide in the corner, only emerging to release broken DLC after broken DLC, knowing that they can get away with murder, never having to take responsibility for their actions or answer to anybody, while continuing to charge £11.99 and £24.99 for a constant stream of rushed rubbish.

So, well done fanboys and DTG white knights.... give yourselves a nice big pat on the back. Because when this game implodes and the casual customers get sick of being treated like brain dead cash cows, leaving to find a game that actually releases quality content. You can sit happily on your hard drives full of obsolete, overpriced and ultimately broken collection of DTG shovelware.

You only have yourselves to blame when it all goes wrong.

Just like Flight Sim World.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Well, if i'm honest, this bug is quite annoying, and there are many more in the "small graphical annoyance" category, but i think they're slowly making the game better. The communication with the community has also been improved a lot in the recent months, so they are getting there.
    If you look at all the recent updates, additions and fixes, they've done some good work and i only hope they continue improving things.

• Like Like x 4
  12. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Anytime a poster starts degrading others by calling them fanboys loses any credibility in my mind.

If you find in your debate on an issue degenerating into personal attacks, then step back, count to ten and try and compose a literate and reasoned argument to support your position. If that isn’t possible, then just move on, because once you start personal attacks, you have lost your argument.

• Like Like x 10
  13. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

No mate, the argument was won by corporate greed long before now. We are all the losers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, I, for one, do not feel like I have lost any battle nor am I a loser. If you feel that way, would recommend you find another hobby where you don’t feel as such.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Challenger3985

Indeed, I for one am not a fanboy. I just like and enjoy playing TSW like anybody else in here or any other communities that plays the game as well.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I can agree with you I myself do not feel like one either, I just enjoy being able to drive trains like everyone else does. And I also agree that no battle has been lost nor are we in any way losers. The only one that has lost is the person who made these comments.

• Like Like x 7
  17. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

When someone has spent their money on somthing then every complaint they have about said somthing is valid, it might only be a small thing to some people, but if they can't get the small things right what hope is there for them getting somthing big right.

• Like Like x 5
  18. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yawn, I haven't seen the word "fanboys" used in quite a while.

I agree, once people start becoming insulting and abusive then it is time to stop listening, it is as if the OP was determined to have a rant and this is the only thing he could find to rant about.

There are bugs and the game isn't perfect but I think DTG are listening and fixing things, look at RT as an example. I don't think anyone would argue that bugs shouldn't be raised and discussed and we should take DTG to task, particularly if it is a major bug which is stopping us using the sim properly, if the seem reluctant to fix them, but they should also be given time.

And they are getting the "big things" right, the fact that many people are enjoying the sim speaks volumes.

I am enjoying the sim and getting my moneys worth and am looking forward to what the future holds, if that makes me a fanboy then so be it, I would rather that than feel so embittered that I get that angry about something minor and then try and debase other users enjoyment of the sim.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

In game the numbers on the 66 are correct. Its just a minor issue in the menu screen. If you going to start falling about that kind of bugs you better don't play any game anymore.. Because in every single game you will have small bugs.
    I rather have them fixing real issue bugs then this small number bug in a menu.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I wonder which is more important: the PZB on RT, or an HST showing an incorrect number?

• Like Like x 1
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well the PZB was more of an obvious problem I would have thought!

22. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

You're playing the wrong game if you're looking for that. TSW is a mess of inconsistency when it comes to realism. They don't care about getting TOPS numbers right, nameplates, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  23. hightower

hightower Guest

Shouting and tub-thumping will get you nowhere...we’ve probably all done it at some point but It’s become quite obvious over the last 18 months that in all but a very limited number of circumstances (the game breaker in MSB) things will get fixed when they get fixed. DTG have their schedule and so be it.

For what it’s worth however, your issue with the number on the HST on GWE is actually as a result of, in my opinion, the biggest single bug in the game which affects every DLC, i.e. the saved game function is completely and utterly broken. It always has been.

One of the number of ways it manifests itself on GWE is in the loco number resetting to 00000 on the HST whenever you load a saved game. On NTP you find that the wipers, the track, the instruments and/or the throttle don’t work when loading a save and so on. Every DLC has its own way of this issue cr@pping up your game. Another example... I was trying the new CSX physics on the snow and ice scenario yesterday which is 3 hours long. I saved the game, came back to it and guess what? No snow or ice. The loaded save worked in every regard but the crux of the scenario, the weather, didn’t load properly. I then remembered why I’ve never managed to complete it.

I’ve made my peace with the little things and accept that DTG are slowly improving and fixing things as they go along. However, to have a simulator on which you can’t actually save a game is borderline ridiculous.

That’s where your issue lies, so you’d be better off submitting a ticket and requesting that the save game feature is made to work than generally ranting against DTG on this forum. I learnt that lesson a while back :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  24. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

I bought this game today and found this thread. I have the same issue over here. It is not my computer and it definitely isn't two locos overlapping. It's not a huge deal to me but still sloppy. Just once, for a split second, I forgot which company I'm dealing with. :|

25. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

Well said.
    I'm sure the people here and elsewhere who insinuate that we should not complain about substandard (or no standard) software would not extend the same courtesy to their auto mechanic who left a couple bugs on their brake job, or their grocer who left a couple bugs in their produce, etc.. The contract is as follows: We pay you money, you provide what we payed for. Very simple business concept that has been buried in the past decade or two underneath barbaric greed.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1