West Somerset Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wilbnil, May 24, 2018.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In the first 2 sessions for the 09, the engine is ready to go except that neither the indicator light switch in the cab nor the front indicator lights have been activated although otherwise the engine is ready to drive. Taking the time to turn on the cab switch and the lights themselves (as taught in the 09's tutorial and listed in the "Quick Start Guide: Class 09" in the Drivers Manual) makes arriving at the destination station(s) absolutely impossible.
    Consistency failure!!!

2. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

20180604231313_1.jpg 20180606085949_1.jpg 20180606162218_1.jpg 20180606164338_1.jpg
    Again, the problem with animation. On the cars of the MK is missing animation brake pads and generator. The locomotive is missing the animation of the brake pads, tie rod cylinders.

3. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Not only that, even axles themselves don't seem to rotate.

4. Shtirlitz-isaev

Shtirlitz-isaev Member

20180607181619_1.jpg and how he got here

5. Feastival

Feastival New Member

Can't finish the "Finishing Up"scenario either, same problem as derdrevdi said

6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

We got a little taste of MSTS here....
    20180607132340_1.jpg
    Speed limit signs are made of 2 flat textures of the number, as opposed to actually being 3D. You might say this only looks bad up close, but it actually also hurts viewing from a distance too.
    20180607132628_1.jpg
    Because these signs are 2D, Z fighting happens between the two textures, which results in the signs appearing yellow at a distance. That sign is not a 5 backwards, it's the back side of a 5 speed limit-should be black, but the yellow texture is Z fighting its way to the front.

This isn't as much of a bug as it's just embarrassing. Talk about corner cutting...in 2018 we get 2D texture signs...when a Trainz route from back in 2006 had these same signs in 3D.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Given how many polys there are in the scene, you'd think even if they were hard against their limit they'd find somewhere else to cull a few surplus polys from. I suppose it's possible that it's a bug, perhaps they got the LODs wrong and that there is supposed to be a LOD with the additional polys to complete the mesh for viewing close up. Either way, they would need to spread the faces on the distant LOD to stop that Z fighting.

8. Shawmut

Shawmut Member

Hello Rudolf,
    Thanks for your post. My surprise was that I would go backwards when I was on a downhill grade! For what it's worth, I tried the scenario again and this problem did not re-occur. I'm not really certain why it happened in the first instance, as the train, once brakes are released, should begin moving off downhill automatically - at least if gravity is the same in Somerset as it is everywhere else :D

Cheers,

David

9. Tony

Tony New Member

20180707212737_1.jpg Trying to play Scenario "To The Beach" on start up the brake will not stay in release position. (ignore this..worked it out.) The npc's have some strange behaviour... instead of getting on the train they stand in 3's beside it all along the carriages & engine lol

20180707124045_1.jpg

At Washford had to open the doors track side otherwise the scenario would not continue, also the same happened at Minehead doors needed to be opened track side to end the scenario.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

^ "PAAAAAARRRADE...PARADE 'SHUN!""

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anthony

Anthony New Member

I know this is a bug report for WSR only but on all my routes the track doesn't load far enough ahead and it gets really distracting from an otherwise graphically good looking game. Is there any way to fix this. Spec wise i have a gtx1070, ryzen 1500x @ 3.7 and 4 gb of ddr4

12. class350

class350 Member

I just found a possible fix for this the other day, and it involves manully changing the load distance in the games files (instructione attatched) however this does decrease performance a bit. Credit goes to whoever found this out. 2018-10-09 20.11.54.png 2018-10-09 20.11.38.png

13. class350

class350 Member

Does anyone have the exterior-sounds-in-the-cab issue with WSR? I know (thanks to dtg for explaining it) that it is a UE4 engine issue, and that they can't really fix it themselves, but as it is supposedly due to a CPU resource bottleneck, I figured WSR is a less resource intensive route and so it may not be a problem. Anyone?

14. Théo Baltor

Théo Baltor Member

I can't finish the Minehead Shunter part 2, because the signal never allows passing to Minehead Station Entrance. If I passed, the scenario will fail.
    Someone can finish this scenario?
    Tks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Did you press Tab?

16. Théo Baltor

Théo Baltor Member

Yes, but the answer is always "Denied: no route available".

17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Ok

18. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Have you checked the map if all switches are set the right way, following the blue line?

19. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Not sure if i should post this here, or on the Class 33 bug thread because it affects both...

In the scenario "Take It Home" where you are told to ride the train to Minehead, i noticed that the window glass on every coach did not fit the surround, leaving an ugly gap.

[​IMG]

20. Théo Baltor

Théo Baltor Member

Yeah. I checked. But the signals continue denied. :( And never allow the pass.

21. Théo Baltor

Théo Baltor Member

Finally, I could finish this route! I received one upgrade for the game today, so I think this update fixed that issue.
    Thanks to everyone who helped me.

• Like Like x 1
  22. FrancescoT

FrancescoT New Member

Hello,
    I bought the BR Class 33 but I have a problem with the scenario 'Minehead Mariner'. When the train arrives I can hop in and lock the passenger doors, but when the 'Prepare the cab' objective turns on I can't move both the reverser and throttle. Every other switch or lever works. Reverser and throttle are simply OFF and don't move both with mouse or keyboard.
    Thanks.

23. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

You need the turn on the master key, so that you be able to move both reverser and throttle
    hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  24. LastTrainToClarksville

Amazing! 20 replies, none of which addresses the question I asked. Forums are soooooooooooo helpful!

25. FrancescoT

FrancescoT New Member

Of course it worked, thanks a lot! (from a casual TSW simmer who forgets the basics)

26. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I didn't see a question -- only a statement that setting up the 09 made one late --- so what is your question?

27. hightower

hightower Guest

There is no question there. It’s a simple statement.

28. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Agreed, it's more like a report.
    The only thing I can think of; in service mode try to spawn walking in the station minutes earlier so that wat you have enough time to set up the 09 properly. Or any other loco, at any route.

29. LastTrainToClarksville

That seems like a good suggestion, Vinnie, but walking cannot begin until the first instruction clears and, anyway, what I was trying to point out is that the timetable does not allow for proper set-up of the engine as stated in the user manual, which is what I meant about inconsistency.
    The manual provides the following "Quick Start" instructions:
    "1. Enter the cab and ensure handbrake is set.
    2. Turn the marker light switch on.
    3. Exit the cab and turn on whichever lights you require on the exterior.
    4. Re-enter the cab.
    5. Move the master switch lever all the way to the ‘Start’ position and hold for 5
    seconds.
    6. Move the master switch lever to the ‘On’ position.
    7. Move the reverser to ‘Forward’.
    8. Release the straight air brake if applied.
    9. Release the driver’s brake if applied.
    10. Release the parking brake.
    11. Apply a little power to get moving with the throttle.
    12. Add power as required."
    Some, but not all of these steps have already been performed when the service begins. Completing the other instructions, as I stated in the OP, makes reaching the stations on time impossible. In that sense, the sessions cannot be completed as written. So, what's wrong with the sessions is that all of the instructions given in the manual should have been carried out before the session begins, so that all the driver has to do is to release the brakes and advance the throttle.

As several folks pointed out, I made a statement rather than ask a question: isn't that obvious?

30. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Agreed, when taking a service they should provide a earlier 1-2 minute(s) window for proper setup, but I'm positive that spawn walking at any service will solve this just fine.

31. hightower

hightower Guest

Then why were you getting bent out shape about it? I don’t understand.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is a very common issue with a lot of services and scenarios. Just sloppyness in the development. and very annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  33. LastTrainToClarksville

Appunto!

34. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Having trouble with the "Pit Stop" scenario (Class 33 "Crompton" DLC). I get to the refueling station, open the fuel cap and insert the hose as usual, but a problem comes up with the red fuel valve. I left-click the valve (only once), it rotates to one direction (open) and then immediately back to the original direction (closed). The fuel does not start flowing (fuel meter on the side of the tank remains near "E" mark), and can't continue scenario past this point. Has anyone encountered similar problem?

• Like Like x 2
  35. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Another issue on WSR, which I haven't noticed before. Clouds seem to block electrical wires at and near Dunster station.

20200216172750_1.jpg 20200216124009_1.jpg 20200216123802_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  36. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

Encountered some problems today with the West Somerset Railway...

Train Sim World_20200827141153.jpg
    Train Sim World_20200827141209.jpg
    I just bought WSR and found a couple of problems at Minehead station, while spawn walking. A class 31 inside coaches...

Train Sim World_20200827141744.jpg

Train Sim World_20200827141633.jpg

Then following a game restart, a class 47 at the same location. Has anyone experienced this?

37. nmantell

nmantell New Member

How do you use water Towers on Train sim world 4. West Somerset railway? Ps4
    I tried Watering flying scotsman last night but no luck, is there a bug on it.

38. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

How you found this three year old thread baffles me.

But to answer your question: you can't. You've never been able to, and that's the way it'll stay for the foreseeable future.