PC The Right Use Of Destination Boards

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by d_stevanov, Jul 19, 2019.

1. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

I'd like someone to explain to me how to use destination boards. Destinations we can choose from do not match the stations, some stations I can't find at all, and there are some names that do not correspond to any stations on the route. Also they are not in correct order when clicking next destination button. Is it like this in real life, or the game is simply not modeled well? I also couldn't find any youtube tutorials.
    This goes for any route that has destination boards, but I mostly tried to use it in rapid transit (br182 db obviously). I'd like to see a video of someone driving a full route using destination boards correctly.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You usually set the Destination board to the station where the trains end. You dont select the next station where you are supposed to stop, you set it to the final destination.
    The Panel also shows all stations from every DLC. So you can see stations in there that arent on that specific route.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

On the German routes, one of the buttons automatically assigns the endpoint of the service to the destination board.

On the British routes, you have to scroll, but all of the endpoints in the game are there as options.

• Like Like x 2
  4. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

Thanks. I thought you're supposed to set it for every station, or at least some major ones in between.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've never seen any transport system that does this. Some might have the end point and a via or two but not one where the main "I'm going here" changes along the route

• Like Like x 1
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Is this button (which one?) implemented in TSW? Didn't know that, yet!

7. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

This one:
    set_destnation.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Matto140 I appreciate!
    So just turning on and "auto next destination"?

Maybe it's bugged in RT, will try again tomorrow ;-)

9. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Can't confirm RT (don't own this DLC) but on other german routes works fine.
    Only problem is that RSN don't have destination boards with RB (Regionalbahn) prefix,
    just RE (RegionalExpress) is available for Finentrop (not sure about Hagen).

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  10. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Pendolino has it on every carriage outside by the doors, e.g. If you were at Runcorn, the destination could read London Euston, underneath that, next stop Crewe

11. ARuscoe

So it has the destination and then a via...?

12. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

No, not a via - maybe a I read the OP wrong, I thought he was just asking about next station stop destination changing

13. ARuscoe

Maybe we both did. I take it he means he wants the destination board to be set to the next stop, and when he's pressing "next destination" (which to me would mean next on the list rather than geographically next) he;s not getting what he expected

• Like Like x 1
  14. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

The next stop things are auto updating on the real thing. Crew put in the service number and internal and external displays update usually through GPS (though some older systems use Axle rotations so can end up out of sync)

While that could work on services that call at all stations (looking at the Rapid Transit City Tunnel for example), once stops start being skipped things become much more fun as the train will either need a db of all services for manual setting or to read the stop list from the scenario and auto set with no interaction from the player.

Digital Voice is even more difficult as you are going to need recordings for all potential stations, so in the UK that's 2800ish files per voice just for the station names.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Betjoin

Betjoin Well-Known Member

If you want to do it extremely realistic (At least in Germany) you set either a "Do Not Board" or the Next Destination before the Last stop.

• Like Like x 1