Db Br 155 Tunnel Sound Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DB628, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

hello Dovetail,

The DB BR 155 has since release a tunnel sound bug because the entire sound goes mute when you drive in tunnel, the sound comes first back when the Loco leave the tunnel

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

I reported this bug as well, it's a particular issue with the DB 155, it's the only locomotive on RSN that mute entirely when entering tunnels, it's not just a case of fixing general audio settings for the game. It's a particular issue with the 155 and it's very frustrating having your game muted after paying for a single locomotive

3. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

In my opinion, this bug has actually got worse with the 2020 update. Previously, sound sometimes returned while still in the tunnel. But now, it never returns until after leaving the tunnel, sometimes straight away and sometimes after quite a time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Reported this bug too... Drove a Hagen-Finnentrop route in beautiful wintertime weather. Good experience, except this annoying bug.

5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

6. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

It is known to them for sure but it ain’t an easy fix as it is a problem with the Unreal engine so they need to fix the core and need more time. It will probably be included with the next big update announced for the coming weeks.

7. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I don't have this loco, or even RSN, but I was intrigued by your post. Why do you think it is an UE issue? I only ask this because Vinnie said this:

...and that seems to indicate that it's not an UE issue - and that it's a loco-specific issue....? And Vinnie is a very reliable source of information, particularly on this topic.

8. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Glad you ask. As far as i remember i saw a thread not too long ago where a DTG staff mentioned that the Unreal Engine has some trouble when needing to reproduce multiple audio sources at the same time. Since the DB BR 155 has a lot of stuff going on soundwise it sure could be that but maybe it is just that one loco. Thank you for pointing out Vinnie's post. I must have missed it. Hope he is right and this gets resolved at some point ;). Cheers

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  9. spina304

spina304 Member

I got same problem. DTG please fix it. Edit 7 km before Finnentrop there is a very short tunnel where problems with sounds doesn't exist

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019