York - Retford Freight. Two Ai Trains Collide Ending Game

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by deltic1954, Sep 13, 2019.

1. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Collision.jpg Hi. Has anyone else had this problem? I have found a bug when on the York - Retford Freight (Career) scenario in York - Peterborough Modern (Complete). When approaching Doncaster there is a fatal arror in the game, caused by two AI trains colliding somewhere remote. This is, of course, outside of my control, but causes the game to abort. Is there a workaround or bug-fix for this?? Maybe one of the AI trains could be deleted? I have more information on the trains involved and location if needed. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Is this the first time you have played the scenario?
    A lot of times when these minor AI faults happen it can be re-run successfully on a second try.
    Try to leave your first stop on time and keep up with time as that can have a big affect on some AI timings along your line. Don't forget that most, if not all junctions will be held for you and if an AI train has been held up because you were too slow then they often can't deal with that delay and can get lost and will crash.
    When writing a scenario we can only tell them where and when, not if or maybe. So if you force an AI driver to miss his time/target he will just sit in the path of the next train not knowing what to do and BANG AI collision.

3. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Well, I re-ran the scenario from the beginning today, and this time the same AI collision occurred whilst I was close to Doncaster Goods Loop. I was running well on-time, maybe a little ahead of time. Seems to be a bug which evaded testing, rather than driver error. I have noticed others reporting the same issue. Did they find a fix? It is annoying that an otherwise good scenario is spoilt like this.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is an old scenario which won't get fixed by DTG
    My suggestion would be to clone the scenario and remove one of the offending AI

I had a scenario the other day where after completing the scenario and having this acknowledged something slammed up behind me and the consist derailed...

5. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Thanks for that, AR. I didn't think DTG would be interested in fixing a fairly old scenario. I was thinking of removing one of the AI trains as you suggested, but don't know how to do that, so I'm probably stuck with another unusable scenario.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As DTG did not make this route they would not be in the position to fix any scenarios
    Creative Rail made this line and DTG just released it for them

Peter

7. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Understood. Can anyone advise me how to delete an AI train from a scenario?

8. ARuscoe

From memory...

From the main menu:
    2Build
    Scenario (tab at the top)
    Scroll down to the correct route, click it
    Scroll down to the correct scenario, click it
    Edit (bottom right)
    Once loaded find the "pull out" at the top left of the screen, on that tab find the "pin" and click it (this makes it not go away)
    Click the clock icon at the bottom left of the screen
    This brings up a 2D map, a drop down list of the trains in the scenario and the right hand side is their controls
    Then choose whether you want to delete 66078 Sheffield - Doncaster (a freighter) or 158708 Scunthorpe - Lincoln (a regional express)
    Choose whichever one you want to remove from the dropdown list
    At the top right of the 2D map is something which looks like an oddly shaped rectangle in red, click this and the 2D map will zoom to the consist
    Hold CTRL on your keyboard and then click the consist
    Close the 2D section by clicking OK
    You SHOULD be at the location of the consist you want to delete
    Now find the fly out tab at the BOTTOM left
    In there is a radio button which is "highlight consist", click on this and the radio will be filled white
    Click the Consist on the 3D map then press the delete button
    Click the play button (bottom right) and say yes to saving

Et Voila

• Like Like x 1
  9. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Thanks for that. I followed your instructions ok until the part about a radio button called "highlight consist". There is no such button on the tab on my screen. The nearest I have is one called "consist select", but selecting this seems to have no effect. I do not get the 3D map. (I am not 100% sure that it went to the location of the consist when I ctrl-clicked on it and pressed OK. How can I tell if that worked? Sorry if these are basic questions, but I am new to this!)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  10. ARuscoe

Did it from memory last night. I'll sit down in front of the editor later and retype as I work so I know they're accurate

11. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Many thanks for your help, AR.

12. ARuscoe

OK, so I checked and consist select is the name of the radio button I mentioned

With regards to finding the right consist to delete, seems you cannot use the 2D map in the consist programming screen, only the 2D map proper (middle top pull out). So go to the consist programming screen, zoom out until you can see where on the map the offending consist is, then close this, open the main 2D map and use the instructions I gave yesterday

13. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Sorry to be a pain, but still no joy...
    I have located the offending consist on the programming screen, closed it and found it again on the main 2D map (using the top middle pull out). I have turned on the "consist select" button. Ctrl-clicking the consist seems to have no effect; nor does pressing delete on the keyboard. At no stage does the 3D map appear. Maybe I am mis-understanding something??

Update: I have found that RIGHT-clicking the consist on the 2D map took me to it in the 3D world. I was then able to delete it there. Just need to test it now. May be a few days before I get a chance, though. Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  14. deltic1954

deltic1954 New Member

Further update: Scenario completed. Now seems to work, thanks. Pity the 'blank signals' bug is still there, but you can't have everything I suppose!