Trouble In Mission Aggregate Industries / Great Western Express

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lightwalker, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Lightwalker

Lightwalker New Member

I can't go on in this scenario after the refueling. When the fueling ends it asks me to couple the 12 vehicles to the loco. But after navigating the rails to the destination I find my loco facing toward the cars and I can't couple them. I suppose I have to reverse to the cars but I don't know how. Any help?

2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Unlike the American trains, the British trains require you to manually couple them. If you move your pointer around when between the loco and the truck you'll eventually get white text up about coupling, I forget what it says exactly but it took me a while to find exactly the right spot where it would let me couple / uncouple it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Lightwalker

Lightwalker New Member

Yes I eventually found the warm spot for the coupling process. Like you said I expected them to couple automatically. Thanks for the help.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I wonder how many threads about this precise issue exist on these forums. (I tried several different searches, but no results appeared.)

5. JAW

JAW New Member

I can't get the fuel hose to connect in TSW3, has anyone else seen this issue?

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I've noticed a couple posts here and there regarding this. I don't think this was implemented visually. It's still connected, just that the art doesn't show it. As long as it says coupled, it should be fine I believe

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Which engine does this scenario use?

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's the 66

9. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

That’s because there are about a zillion versions of the Class 66 (ok, 4) which the game spawns at random, all of which don’t work with this scenario except the one native to GWE. Brilliant isn’t it?

I can’t remember how to tell the difference but am pretty sure that the EM2000 computer above your head gives it away. The non-GWE versions have more functionality and are a brighter green text IIRC. If when you start the scenario you don’t have the loco native to the route you need to keep restarting it until you do.

Ask me how I know…

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  10. RDG900

RDG900 New Member

My issue with this mission is the refueling portion. The valve automatically shuts off when it is full and done refueling but the mission step does not update to the next step. Am I missing something?

• Like Like x 1
  11. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

I had a problem with the fuel hose getting wrapped up on the pipework meaning the nozzle wouldn't reach, it was because I tried to use it from the external camera, rather than from first person mode.

12. RDG900

RDG900 New Member

I have no problem fueling. It's as if the mission doesn't acknowledge when the fueling is complete and it does not go to the next step. I even tried putting everything back and completing the remaining steps of the mission without it progressing, in the hopes that it would snap out of it somehow. That didn't work either. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

You need to be in the DB Schenker Red liveried 66 in order to refuel and complete this scenario. If you spawn in any other 66 it cant be completed, keep restarting until you get the right one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. RDG900

RDG900 New Member

Oh? Interesting. Ok, will do. Tyvm

15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Is this still a problem on the Xbox One/ Series X & S I need to try this out

16. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

What a well programmed game, lol. Spaghetti code at it's finest.