PlayStation Train Loses Power - Br Class 45

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cottonmouth, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Hi Guys,
    I have read that someone else has had a problem with a loco loosing complete power and wanted to know what to do to get it starting again. Question: I have had the same issue with the Class 45 going from Stalybridge to Huddersfield, had to apply brakes etc to bring my speed right down and for some reason the engine just stopped an every thing went dead, Could I get her going - not a hope in hell. What I did notice that on the drivers front theres 3 lights (above dials) of which were on. Any help will be great.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I assume you were not using the brake and the throttle at the same time?

3. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Could've done Going to do the run again. If this happens is there a remedy?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  4. Poppa

Poppa Member

I had this happen to me a while back when I had to hit the brakes very hard to stop ... I found I had to go through the engine start up sequence again to get moving again

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

No, perfectly normal. If you engage the brakes to the max (emergency) They will take some time to release. Adding to that unless the train brake is fully released (pressure back to normal) you wont be able to apply any throttle. Also applying brakes whilst throttle is on, will disable it. You have to release the brakes take the throttle fully off, then reapply it. Straight brake is a different matter. This only controls the loco, and can be used whilst throttle is on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

I've been struggling with this on occasion - there's also a bug when resuming from a saved session. Basically you need to try to find a way of resetting it. Standing up and sitting down has worked for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sashco

Sashco Member

Yeah, you need to put the throttle on off and charge the Drivers break. Once charged, turn the throttle back on and you are off.