09, Gwe And 313 Layers For Bml On Gen 8 Consoles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Woroszyl The NS 2000, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

These layers can fit on 8 gen consoles, so why not adding them here?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Dovetail took out these layers for Gen 8 because of Performance. Look how bad Last Gen on Rush Hour without these layers is:

Then look at PC with the layers in the same area:

See the difference?

If Last Gen had these layers, the already bad performance would not be bad. It would be unplayable. You would have better luck playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on a Gateway Essential from 2000

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They took those layers out because they were running out of memory and crashing the consoles. They literally can't fit on gen 8 consoles. They're still working to see if they can make them fit, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

4. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

oh Ok.

5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Or I missed a thing about how memory works in this game but I still think they should make a gen8 timetable like with Dresden. It just doesn't make sense from a commercial view not to have those layers in and the implications of not being able to is dramatic.

I tried out BML this weekend for the first time since I shelved it since launch. I was impressed with the route, performance has improved, not quiet there yet but much improvement. But what struck me is how busy that route is. Yup that's the point I know but this route is ridiculously busy. Even with a reduced timetable it still would look busy. I guess writing a new timetable will take a very long time so I'm not very optimistic about it. But from what I understood from the TSW model is that each route should be a shop for other DLC and that is not possible anymore for the majority of the player base. How is DTG going to sell a add on Loco for this route if more than 50% of the player base can't use it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Remember, it is entirely possible that they're also 'saving' that memory for a potential future loco DLC, and that's why they can't add even some of the layers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Unlike Dresden, the seperate timetable literally only adds the DLC. I'd imagine - this is a presumption - that memory works differently for layers considering they belong to another DLC.

BML - in a seperate timetable - would almost certainly crash every single time, it already really struggles on Gen8.

Also, remember that with BML you buy; The Route from London Victoria, with it's Timetable and Scenarios, the Class 377 (the improved one) and the Class 387. The layers come in from other DLCs, if people don't want to buy it due to a lack of layers, that's on them. but if you don't have those routes it doesn't matter to you, anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I think you misinterpret my post. It's not about what I want, it's about what I presume DTG wants. I don't think DTG reasons the way you do that they don't care they won't be able to sell another Loco for BML. If they didn't care they already would have dropped 8gen support.