150 Adjustment Confirmed By Jasper On Roadmap Stream Query

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by alexjjones6024, Jul 6, 2022.

1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

it isn’t just us that have expressed huge disappoint and disgust in the product. There have been quite a few others. And most either don’t care enough or don’t have the backbone to complain to the developers about the issue. Don’t forget we aren’t talking about small niggles or just one little error here. This unit has a massive list of catastrophic, fundamental and basic errors that should never have missed.

30 seconds on a real life unit would be enough to see how far off those sounds are.

A 30 second read through the one page of ‘bits and bobs’ section of the AP manual would give you most of the technical info they have missed.

A quick chat to a real life driver would have been sufficient to tell them ‘does this drive like the real units’

it is real basic stuff that has not been implemented.

if a tradesman came and only did half a job on your dream loft conversion and left 5 gaping holes in the work, and unable to actually access it properly, would you just sit there and say ‘ ah well, they tried I suppose, wasn’t meant to be an exact copy of my loft conversion idea’

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  2. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Thank you, perhaps I should turn to publishing.

At least you can see improvements should be made, I guess I'll take that...

3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It's not a case of not having a backbone or not caring. There's a right way and a wrong way to express your self and throwing your toys out the pram and demanding a daily update is most definitely the wrong way.
    I'm waiting a couple more weeks and seeing where the land lays after the update to the physics and how the 150 revs up from a pulling away and then I will feedback constructive criticism on what I feel needs changing.

The update is with DTG so unless their QA rejects it realistically nothing is going to change between now and release no matter how much you scream and shout demanding answers.

• Like Like x 3
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Both the DTG & Rivet forums are littered with posts about the dismay people have with the 150.

Rivet is aware of the issues that persist with it, and as you know, are addressing some of the issues.

We don’t yet know what the extent of the changes will be, or how these will materialise in game.

Again, I agree that serious issues plague the 150, however this was present during the preview stream, my assessment was that Rivet had made an EMU & slapped some semi accurate sounds into a 150 body shell. I decided not to buy it, because it was a subpar product.

You and your friend are clearly very upset by the state of the 150, so my main question is, why on earth did you buy it? You’re attacking Rivet for not taking 30 seconds to read the AP Manual, however you had in excess of an hour of previews for the 150, so what was it that made you think you were getting the 150 model to end all 150 models?

I wouldn’t hire the tradesman that had previously displayed workmanship that I did not agree with, I certainly wouldn’t hire them if they’d previewed the work they had done, and I didn’t like it. That’s where you and AngryAlex have gone wrong.

The punishment that Rivet suffer with the outcome of the 150 is reduced sales, there isn’t any onus on you to buy their product.

In any case, I’d invite you to read back over your comments towards Jasper & Rivet in this thread, then ask yourself would you honestly work with people with that kind of attitude?

I doubt when Maik offers help out to third party devs, he does so in such a manner.

• Like Like x 4
  5. alexjjones6024

I really haven't had an attitude, I'm just explaining how I feel and how sad I am about it.

Ok, so the reason why it was bought by me was because I purchased it at midnight as they said there were day 1 patches, which in the stream were meant to be fixes to the loco etc. Instead, they decided to pull the plug on it, which I was not aware of until the following day as they had decided it last minute. With Xbox's refund policy, that meant I was unable to obtain a refund and therefore it has remained 'dusty' among the rest of my purchased DLC.

6. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Completely different scenario
    It is 3 scenarios that most people don't even play and use other ones or quick drive
    Their choice their products
    Why would you play the scenarios again

7. redrev1917

If no one plays the scenarios again then why is it increasing sales by changing the requirements? You are contradicting yourself.

8. redrev1917

You may not have an attitude, but that's how you are coming across.

• Like Like x 2
  9. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Possibly best to focus on the passion for fixing the train rather than tearing each other a new tunnel it can unrealistically fit through.

You've both got valid points, find the middle ground. Feeding it back as you are. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There seems to be a theme here.

Perhaps you should refer to the appropriate section of the Sale of Goods Act relating to unsolicited deliveries and the non-obligation to return valuable consideration.

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Again, no issue for new sales. Going back and retrofitting what people have already bought, knowingly orphaning packages etc... different

12. alexjjones6024

Hey Jasper_Rivet , just had a ride on the 150 and I do have a soft spot for the DMU!

I was just thinking that perhaps the compressor speed up sound could be a guide on what to expect when the throttle is almost or at max throttle. As you have those sound files, it may help when adjusting the sounds of the 150.

Also the doors buzz when they open which doesn't happen in real life and the wipers have no sound when in operation.

Perhaps anybody else can shine some light on my query above please? :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  13. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

whether it is exactly the same as notch 7, I am not sure. It’s been ages since I’ve heard a real life example on ‘compressor speed up’ but if not full throttle, then very high. These things rev and make SO much noise when they rev up, I’m always convinced the windows will shatter as a result. The game needs to capture this better.

The compressor speed up sound that AP is very close resemblance and a great suggestion to use Alex.

• Like Like x 1
  14. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

That phenomen is called a "blown" locomotive. Means if there is a loco dlc not coming up to expected standards, the chance is very low another dev will create a second version of the same train / unit.

If rivets 150 counts to that category, everybody needs to decide by him self.

Thats why its important to take quality seriously. After spending / investing a ton of cash into tsw, i can understand the disappointment of some people, if their favourite train turns out to be a halfhearted lazy creation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The other reason for fixing the 150 is there is a very good chance the physics and sound would be used as a template for a 155 (153) or 156 if we got those in the game. Without labouring an earlier point we all know what happened in TSC when devs used the existing templates for hydraulic DMU's as a blueprint resulting in the ludicrous speed setter function for notches 1 to 6. Even the AP stuff suffers from that, to this day (their 170 on Wherry Lines).

So it's in the interest of future second gen DMU release that Rivet with, if necessary, oversight from DTG put this right.

• Like Like x 1
  16. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Thats a very good point, which would require "thinking ahead" from a dev. Neither dtg with its tons of different loco versions of the same loco, nor Rivet is at that point.

But you are right, they could use it as a quality template for a class 150/1, 153, 155 & 156.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jevan-dean

jevan-dean Active Member

What a stupid response from DTG Alex. I work in QA, and in my company, the customer is the priority as we know that a happy customer = more profits. It also means they come back for more. Also, defects get a higher priority then new features in my company, the way it should be. It is certainly not an insult to the industry, the customer comes first! Funny enough, our profits are through the roof. If anything, Rivet are an insult to the industry by misleading people. DTG actually do things properly now with preserved collections, and Skyhook are a good bunch, also we know Just Trains are good too. So don't be making out the community are some horrible bunch for wanting an update to a "simulation" product that is in no way simulating a Class 150. What Rivet clearly don't understand, is how many people would buy the route if they got the Class 150 right, much easier way to gain profit then making another sub-par route.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  18. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

I am beginning to wonder how much time some of the usual suspects actually spend in TSW, given the time they spend in these forums beating dead horses. I also wonder what percentage of the user base participates in (or reads) these forums, because the only users likely to buy a product solely after it is fixed are those in this forum - the rest probably would not know and hence Rivet gain no significant additional sales, other than possibly for future DLCs. Don't misunderstand - I too want these fixes, but these exchanges are getting more and more like chinese water torture.

• Like Like x 2