1950s Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by germano.ciavone, Mar 16, 2020.

1. germano.ciavone

germano.ciavone New Member

Godday!
    how nice it would be to have a nice route set in the 50's .. I understand that we can't have steam locomotives, but at least old diesel vehicles ..
    I don't care if it is USA or Uk or elsewhere in the world .. but something that smells of the golden years.
    I am quite sad that I haven't seen anything like that since the creation of this simulator.
    Why??

All the best.

G.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I think I know why.
    Since TSW is supposed to be super-immersive and all that, perhaps not enough info is possible to create an old route.

• Like Like x 1
  3. germano.ciavone

I understand your point, despite I believe that if it can happen in TS, it can also happen here! I believe there is enough to make it work...
    It is not impossible .. there are only small tricks to take into account.( Instead of the battery-powered flashlight... an oil lamp)
    I'm not asking for steam .. but a nice 50's situation!

• Like Like x 2
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Southern Pacific in the 1950s or 60s would be a great idea, and one that I would totally buy. I'd like to suggest Donner Pass, Tehachapi Pass, or a 50s/60s version of the Peninsula Corridor.
    Possible locos I would want would included in the route:
    -SD7 or SD9 Cadillac in Black Widow and/or Bloody Nose paint
    -GP7 or GP9 in either (or both liveries)
    -Krauss-Maffei ML-4000
    -Alco DH643
    -F7A or FP7, plus F7B in both liveries
    -Alco PA-1 or PA-2 A/B in Daylight livery
    -Daylight EMD E7, E8, or E9 A/B
    -Fairbanks-Morse H-12-44 and/or H-24-66 Trainmaster
    -Alco RSD15 "Alligator"
    -Alco, EMD, or other switcher type

• Like Like x 2
  5. germano.ciavone

That would be woderful!
    It would be extremely chrming to start out on some "red bricks" rundhouse and get on one of those old locomotives at the first light of the evening .. Again, I am surprised that the production team didn't took this in consideration ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Wait this does sound interesting, and I would love a UP route set in this era, during the transition from steam to diesel, with classic locos such as the F7, F9, E7, SD7/9, GP9, and so on. I'll bet DTG could get sound samples from vintage locos at museums or those still in tourist/vintage service!

7. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I love the idea of a route set in the 50s, but I'd like to see something we haven't seen yet. I would like to see (American) railroads like NYC, Lehigh Valley, Central of Georgia, Louisville and Nashville, Rock Island, Missouri Pacific. Anything we haven't seen in TSW or even TS20 before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jedi247

Those sound good, too; especially UP. I'd also like to suggest PRR, B&O, C&O, Milwaukee Road, N&W, and Western Pacific.
    I really want Santa Fe, though. We could get the Super Chief or El Capitan with ATSF Warbonnet F3s or F7s (or maybe Alco PAs or E8s). ATSF also had a few Fairbanks-Morse diesels (like the Erie-built and H-12-44). I'd love the F-units in the classic ATSF blue/yellow Catwhisker paint as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jedi247

If we get a UP route set in the 1950s, I'd suggest Sherman Hill. The route could include a GP7/9, an F3 or F7 A-B-B-A set or Alco PA set, and Gas Turbines. UP GTELs would be awesome in TSW2020.

• Like Like x 1