1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32-bit Edition Of Ts Can Freeze And Crash When You Tab Out Of The Game.

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by ColonelKlink, Oct 9, 2020.

1. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink New Member

Not sure if this is truly a bug report, perhaps partially. Rather, it's sort of a warning to others to be careful of this. Apologies in advance.

I booted up the game this morning after a little while of not playing, but forgot to switch to the 64-bit edition that I usually play on. I was only doing some quick drives with random selections for the sake of killing a bit of time, and after I finished one scenario, I tabbed out of the game momentarily to check something, and got an error message (sadly I didn't take a screenshot of it, and now I don't remember what it was about). The game froze and crashed, and in doing so, locked my whole computer up, which required me to forcefully shut the computer down (which I despise doing if I can help it). Perhaps it is because I didn't switch to the 64-bit edition that this crash happened, but I haven't had something happen to this degree until now, hopefully it doesn't persist.

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Did you exit the game between scenarios? Playing scenarios back to back without exiting the game can cause this.

3. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink New Member

I finished the scenario, which brought me back to the menu where I could make my next selections. I tabbed out at that point, and that's when the crash happened. So yes, I suppose you could say I didn't exit the game.

4. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Active Member

Was there any message in "View Reliability History" or the Event Viewer in Windows - that might give a clue?

5. mike370

mike370 Active Member

If your in-game settings are for 'full screen' display that could be your problem. I always had the same irritating problem; the game was highly unstable for me (& frequently crashing) when tabbing/cycling through various windows apps. If so try 'borderless' instead, that entirely fixed the problem for me & I've never had such a crash since (now talking 3+ years). I haven't tried it, but I also imagine 'Windowed' mode could reduce the problem too. Hope that might help.

6. 777Gaming

777Gaming Active Member

I think it's just something that happens. It's happened to me many times, and like you said, I have to force restart my computer.

7. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I have seen this happen as well in TS20xx. It may happen after completing 2 or 3 scenarios without exiting the game. Perhaps something to do with memory usage or cache.

8. mike370

mike370 Active Member

Have you actually tried 'borderless' screen mode? For me it permanently completely solved the exact problem you describe. And numerous others have happily found the same. i.e. a 100% fix (assuming one is running properly updated Windows 10. Though any poor sod that might be running Windows Vista could have all manner of problems - for some reason TS20xx never seemed to agree with that particular O/S).

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have mine set as Borderless and providing I'm not running a Scenario I can TAB out.
    Sometimes when I'm in the Editor I will TAB out to check something - normally it works OK in 64bit