377 On East-coast Way

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by samscragg, Oct 25, 2022.

1. samscragg

samscragg Member

Was wondering if anyone knows if there are any plans for the new 377 seen on London to Brighton to be ported over to East coastway. Really like the route but the old 377 is no where near as good as the new one so it stops me from driving it. If they port it over I’m sure it would be very welcome by most

• Like Like x 4
  2. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

I do remember that Adam (preservation crew now special projects) did say that they could look at it

3. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

i'd like to see this happen too

and it they are making ammendments to the east coastway route, i wish they'd add more new 377 trips between lewes (platforms 1/2) to eastbourne, as that section of the route is noticably quiet

• Like Like x 2
  4. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity: you mean that in the subject of sounds or you've also notices something else (like improved physic etc.)?

I'm asking because aside from sound I haven't noticed any other difference between 377 from ECW and 377 from BML, but I'm not that "sensitive" in case of physic ;)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  5. the plans were that the sounds from the class 377 on brighton mainline would be added to the east coastway class 377 no other plans but everything has gone to zzz

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Take a listen to the ap sound pack for the electrostar and the one we have in tsw and you'll notice the differences. Mainly the unique acceleration sound the electrostars make when they take off, run sounds, you get a seamless aws loop instead of the audible looping one

7. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

I‘m curious as to why the London Commuter 377 doesn‘t subsititute in as an option to drive on East Coastway, like the many variants of the Class 66 does? I can even choose to drive the RHTT version if I want. Why not the same for the 377? Would solve many issues.

8. rennekton#1349

Could be formation issues or other technical issues. For example, a 3 car emu can't sub into a 4 car emu. This is why ecw had to get a new timetable when the 313 came out that replaced all the Brighton lewes, lewes Brighton, Seaford services. The 66 just subs as the loco itself, causing problems.

• Like Like x 1
  9. samscragg

samscragg Member

Yes :) the sounds are so much better than the old one that it makes it hard to drive. It almost doesn’t feel real

10. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

All the locomotives and rolling stock should automatically default to the newest version on all routes. It’s especially pronounced with German DLC but the mix of Class 66’s and 377’s on Uk stuff is annoying.

11. rennekton#1349

Yea. It's more complicated than that. Each route is treated as its own game. And if you don't have the base train, you break the game cuz the assets aren't there and stuff. Something the devs explained a while ago. You can't just replace something without causing problems.

It's something we dream for cuz there's like a million dostos and stuff and all are different so it gets annoying.