"[406] 4. Putting It On Ice" Db Ice 3 Emu Scenario Issues (frankfurt High Speed Route Extension Dlc)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColonelKlink, Jun 23, 2021.

1. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

(This will be a long post, please read fully and carefully)
    Hey gang, it's me again. Seems all I do is complain lately, apologies in advance if this comes off as a rant post rather than a "why is this happening" post.

So I decided to hop onto TS2021 again after a while of not playing, fired up this 25-minute scenario in which I am taking passengers from the Frankfurt airport to the Frankfurt train station at the end of my shift, and then taking my ICE 3 back to the shed for maintenance. It isn't an easy scenario, but it isn't one that's overly difficult either, gotta make sure you let passengers get on before departing, and let them off when you arrive, and watch those speed limits and watch for red signals at the very end, that's it. After leaving the station, you reach one junction in which you must stop at to complete a checkpoint before it will let you continue on to the final point. However, I've managed to fail this scenario four times over now, and it's all been because my train has derailed because of a junction switch working against me.

I didn't notice it the last times that I attempted to complete this. So in my recent attempts, I was bent on watching for subtle things leading to my failure, such as the signal that I was stopped at before I could continue on. I noticed that the signal did not change from red, to yellow, and then to green, so I thought that I failed because I passed it at "Danger", and it wouldn't let me request to bypass it either. I also failed to take into account that I didn't manually switch the tracks, so I checked the map out, and sure enough there was one switch to hit that would lead me to where I was expected to stop again. Once I made sure that I covered all the bases, I continued on only to derail again. At this point I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, other than maybe sitting at the red signal until it changes instead of pushing past it, but I already tried that for about 3 minutes and to no avail. If anyone has any insight on what to do, I'd appreciate it.

I also do not have an image of the map showing the junction switches, (only the game over error) but I can grab it if need be, maybe there's something I'm missing there too.
    **See image below** 20210622232420_1.jpg

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you went thru a Red Light instead of waiting for it to clear and because the points were not set properly you derailed and game over. If you are going to pass a Red Light with TAB also check the points in front are set in the 2D Map

I had forgotten my own advice and did the same thing on a different route :o

3. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

Yes, and I tried to bypass it with Tab, but it wouldn't let me go through, finally I got fed up with waiting and proceeded. I also checked the 2D map and switched whatever junctions needed to be switched. My guess is I must've missed one somewhere, even though there was only one that needed to be hit.

Keep in mind that while I was stopped at said signal, it didn't give me a time window to make up for stopping at the signal. Once I had completed that point and was expected to move on to the final point, the time was ticking down to the next arrival time (which was about 2-ish minutes away) and it was expecting me to start moving right away.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I don't recall any problems with scenaria in this route but may well misremember and on the iPad ATM- I'll be able to check later. Do you get permission denied when you Tab or just no response? If the latter do you change direction in this scenario? If so you may need to Ctrl-Tab (request to pass a signal behind you) because TS now thinks the train is reversing.

5. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

I get "Permission to pass signal at Danger denied". And yeah, you're going forward when you drop your passengers off at the station, and then have to switch cabs, effectively reversing the train when you're on your way to the shed for maintenance to end the scenario. I might have to replay it again and try Ctrl-Tab, because I was doing Shift-Tab and it was denying me.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yep, when you turn around "TAB" becomes "CTRL+TAB" but also make sure you have the route set BEFORE doing this as it may still deny you because you'd be going the wrong way.
    Seems like this came back to bite you! (Happens to us all):D

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you are unsure which button to push click on the Instruction Icon in the HUD and there is an Icon that looks like a Phone for requesting to pass the signal at danger

But if it says "Permission to pass signal at Danger denied" there is usually a reason.

8. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

I completed it, finally, and we were all wrong, because I was too blind to realize that once I reached that signal that I couldn't pass, I was supposed to switch cabs again, because I was supposed to then drive forwards into a siding for maintenance, so I wasn't switching tracks in front of me, but behind me instead. If you see the 2D Map image below, I thought I was going to move to the right of this map, but when I released the brakes, I started rolling left, and I was totally confused. Then it dawned on me as I was about to derail for the 5th time... 20210623193800_1.jpg 20210623194245_1.jpg

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have found that - if you take the brakes off on a hill the train rolls :|