PC 77.9mb Update 27th Nov 2018

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Puffing Nora, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Hey all, just seen an update going in that is 77.9mb. Any idea what this is? I haven't ordered anything so in the absence of a patch Im out of ideas.. please tell me its not downloading the class 33 that I haven't bought..

2. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Hopefully just polishing off some edges from the last patch.

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I saw that the 33 is available for you PC guys now (acc to Youtube). How much are they charging?

4. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

£11.99

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

375,5Mb at home

6. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

If this is indeed the class 33 downloading onto my hard drive then its very irritating to have stuff downloaded onto my hard drive that I haven't even f*****g bought.

7. wingo44

wingo44 New Member

375,5 Mb here.

8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It's probably the achievements/scoring stuff for the Brompton. I believe one of the staff has mentioned in the past that the table for these is stored in the core so everyone's installation needs to be updated regardless of whether they bought the DLC or not.

9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Matt Peddlesden Driving it down Wsr on twitch live now.

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You won’t get anything that you didn’t buy.

11. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Whats the evidence for your assertion given the absence of any detail from dtg regarding what is a sizeable download?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

For the PC you are correct(though you can lose DLC you have purchased, e.g. GP40-2), but on the PS4 DTG have been downloading DLC that users have not purchased, disguised as an update. When you purchase the DLC on the PS4 you only download the small key file which unlocks the DLC that DTG already downloaded to the PS4. So on the PS4 the disk space that TSW takes up continuously increases regardless of whether users have purchased any DLC, not to mention the bandwidth used to download these multi-gigabyte 'updates'.

It also doesn't help that DTG keep pushing out updates without any notes or explanation as to what they are for. TSW did an update a couple of days ago and the GP40-2 disappeared. It then did another update a day or so later and the GP40-2 reapeared. DTG gave no explanation as to what went on. All the user knows is that they're having to do unexplained updates and their DLC vanishes and reappears.

Poor communication from DTG, combined with the dubious practice of downloading DLC the user hasn't purchased to the PS4, would rightly cause concern for a lot of people, regardless of whether they are on PC, Xbox or PS.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Finally, someone who understands the sort of things PS4 users have to put up with. Well done Digital Draftsman.

14. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

Actually this happens on PC too. Many games on initial install, and also when there is some sort of update have DLC packed into their files. Just like the consoles the DLC unlocks when purchased or unlocks later if it's a planned 'free' DLC.

The Call of Duty series have done this for sure, no doubt games such as Rainbow 6 Siege, Far Cry, and the Battlefield series have probably done this too.

15. Anthony Pecoraro

If you do get get an update when a new DLC is released that you didn’t buy, it’s because you are receiving game updates. DTG usually releases updates to TSW along with DLC.

16. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Again, what is the evidence for this repeated assertion?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

Discord discussion. The reason that they do that is because Steam charges for updates.

18. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Again, provide the evidence. "Discord discussion" is not evidence.

19. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

You're missing the point Anthony. The point is that this shouldn't even be a dicussion. If DTG push out a patch for the game they should supply notes for the patch telling the user what it is. We know that they preload DLC on the PS4 under the guise of an "update", so users on other platforms are understandably suspicious when they receive random updates.

I see people saying "DTG said XYZ on Discord", why are they communicating through Discord instead of their own forum? And yes, Steam charge for updates, but what's that got to do with patch notes and communication? If they push out an update they should supply patch notes in the Steam news feed like they did with the Autumn patch.

The other day DTG did an update to TSW and I (along with many others) lost the use of the GP40-2, a product we paid for but were now unable to use. Where was the apology from DTG? Where was the explanation of what happened and how they were going to put it right? There was nothing. The communication from DTG was abysmal.

But of course still they find time to post adverts posing as articles. Why not write an article on why the GP40-2 disappeared and offer an apology to the customers affected?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Anthony Pecoraro

They don’t have time to write an article for every little thing.

21. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Yes they do.

See, I can make baseless assertions as well.

If its a fix for something, even a 75mb fix, i want to know what for. If its not a patch then I want to know what they are installing on my machine.

You are providing no factual information backed up by a credible source on either of these questions.

Time to stop pretending to be helpful Anthony. Its not helping anyone. Its certainly not helping me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Anthony Pecoraro

How do you know that they do?

23. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Are you for real? "Baseless assertion" not obvious enough a point for you? Too subtle perhaps? As a demonstration of precisely how lacking your input is in terms of credibility I really cant get any clearer.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Here is the official forum of DTG. Why are they going to talk elsewhere, Matt and company.
    They are scared here.
    Anthony, are you the Discord reporter? You are paid for it.
    It is this non-communication that makes DTG lose its loyal customers (by you, Anthony).
    Let them come here .....