Fishing Sim World A Curate's Egg

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by GOrd0n Bennet, Oct 6, 2018.

1. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

The latest installment of fishing fun from dovetail is like a curate's egg (good in parts). The boats are fun, the US lakes are huge, lure fishing seems to work pretty well (though I do find it difficult to get anywhere near hitting a fish that runs towards me as I don't have time to adjust the reel speed and get the slack line in before poof the fish is gone).

The new multiplayer competitions seem quite fun even if I am hard pressed to place anywhere in the top 100 :), the bots in the single player tournaments also seem better balanced than in Euro Fishing and beating them is not as impossible as it used to be. But as a course angler I'm feeling robbed that two of the course match series are bass matches. With the predator and bass series don't the bass fisherman have enough matches already.

On the other side of the coin its quite possible to take the versa braid line to the Grand Union canal and using 50+ pound line on a heavily fished venue like the canal has absolutely no effect on the bite rate. Still have all 3 rods going constantly. I think you are planning to address bite rate in the forthcoming patch. Hopefully it will have us using tackle more suited to the venue we are fishing. On the other hand when lure fishing with a single rod the bite rate feels about right so hope that whatever you do to fix the hectic bite rate on ledgers doesn't kill lure fishing as I'm just getting the hang of it :)

I miss very much the passage of time from Euro fishing in the new game. A single player session feels quite dull while fishing in a never ending sunrise, sunset etc

In the fullness of time it would be good to have some options for setting up a player session (species accepted, fishing style (float, ledger or lure) no of rods allowed, max BS of line allowed). It would also be good to be able to choose which open session you want to join when you join a session.

The one time I tried to enter the multiplayer bass tournament I got a never ending loading screen. Perhaps it was my Xbox having trouble connecting with the server.

Well that's my tuppence worth. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this new product.

Simon

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1