PC A Few Thoughts On Tsw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PeterNeutron, Aug 21, 2018.

1. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

Hi there ;)

I own TSW for a few Weeks now and also all routes etc.
    The Game is great fun and I enjoy driving trains in the different locations very much!

Please allow me to add a frew thoughts about gameplay and IMO missing features.

One of the main aspects of the game is the possibility to walk in first person mode and run a 24h time shedule.
    This option to choose from trains or walk and explore and choose the train on the fly is awesome IMO!
    Really, for persons loving trains and there specail spirit it's a great opportunity indeed.
    But for me this option also requires some very unique mix of trains and type of lines.
    For the GWR there are so many services in the 24h shedule that it's actually great fun with the printed time table to ride along or change services etc.
    And this is also something really missing on other routes IMO!

On the Leipzig Route, there is only one train driving, and other services are missing there.
    Maybe now after release of the Ruhr line with the BR 143 and the BR 185.2 in place, there will be more services added???? It would be such a great experience and a valuable addition to the Leipzig route!

Will there be more printable timetables available??? These are really lacking!
    If I take a look at big train stations like Paddington, Hagen, Leipzig and many more, there are allways trains leaving or reaching and rarely time with no movement.
    I know performace can't allow 10-20 trains rendering at the same time, but for the gameplay feeling more trains to choose from and more services than maybe in reality would be cool stuff!

To sum it up...
    Great game and fun and i hope for different services on the leipzig route, more services in general in the 24h mode and maybe in the future an option to add own services with different rolling stock!
    Maybe you can add different mission markers which are randomly generated along the tracks?

Rgds, PC

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSW and glad you like. I agree there are many things to wish and unfortunaely the real fans are very impatient to see all wishes fulfilled. I guess we need a lot of patience and not everything will happen. The Leizig route is definitely not the best one, I think it deserves the mixed review. I think for now the availability os a scenario editor should have the highest priority. This will boost the interest in te game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

"You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time; but you can't please all of the people all of the time." Little did he know that this would eventually apply to railroad simulators!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

GWR normally has 4 tracks (2 for slow traffic and 2 for fast traffic, like for example class 43 hst that never run in slow traffic tracks). Leipzig route has normally 2 tracks (they can add a different train. but they also have to create this new train 'cause imo has not sense to see a different train in our line without cant drive that :D ). Usually all the Dlc (who has less railway traffic) has an increased graphic details of all the route. West Somerset (normally a single track) its like to drive in a fable and also the last Dlc (Ruhr-Sieg Nord: normally 2 tracks) its a brilliant jump forward like graphic landscapes/route details if comparated with GWR (where GWR rest the best for traffic railway-life). It will not a bad idea if in the future they release new locomotives/trains to add (also like Dlc) to every single railway (also without increase the line traffic).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018