A Helpful Hint For Those With Xbox One Controllers

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SimFan, Jul 29, 2018.

1. SimFan

SimFan Member

I found it helpful, especially in the AC 64 (NEC) and the DB talent 2 (Rapid Transit) to swap the triggers and bumpers (In other words LT and LB go to RT and RB and vice versa) on my elite controller, so they are in line with the throttle and brake controls on the desk of both these locomotives.

This will work with either the elite controller or standard Xbox One controller.

Here are step by step instructions on how to do the above, if you wish to do so

1. Download the XBox Accessories app
    2. Once downloaded, press A on the icon to start the app
    3. Once started, you should see your elite/standard xbox one controller, if you do not, check to make sure it is powered on or has a USB cable connected to it and powered on.
    4. On the bottom of the picture of your controller, you will see two options, configure & ... (more), press the A button on configure
    5. (Skip this step if you have a standard controller, this only applies if you have an elite controller) At the top of the configuration menu, you will see Community Profiles & New Profile, click on new profile Give this profile a name. I just called it train sim world, but you can put anything you wish here
    6. Go down to swap triggers and put a mark in the check box by press the A button
    7. Go to the very top and press A to access the pull down menu and select LB button, then scroll down to map to and press A and select RB, repeat this process for the RB button, which will be mapped to the LB button
    8. (Skip this step if you have a standard controller, this only applies if you have an elite controller) Press the B button to go back to the configuration menu. Scroll down to your TSW profile and press A, a menu should appear asking you which slot you wish to put it in, 1 or 2

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or problems you may have.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. redgor thenoob

redgor thenoob Member

Just an FYI you can change the controls in a standard xbox one controller as that's what I have and I have done it

• Like Like x 1
  3. SimFan

SimFan Member

I stand corrected and fixed my post to reflect that it should work with standard xbox one controllers as well :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1