A New Direction For Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cory#7390, Mar 4, 2021.

1. cory#7390

cory#7390 New Member

When TSW was first announced years ago, it seemed like a complete rush of fresh air and a whole new game compared to TS classic. Whilst TSW and TSW2 has become absolutely stunning with much more attention to detail than in TS Classic, TSW2 is still following the footsteps of its predecessor with just lots of expensive DLC. Obviously, DTG need to make money since it's a business after all, but, most modern games nowadays follow different business models that involve a main free DLC and then making money off a kind of side DLC which you get as a premium in which you pay for (usually in the form of a season pass)

My idea stems from if multiplayer becomes a thing (as it will help with the money-making part) and here it is, keep in mind this is just an idea and I'm not sure if something on this scale is possible in UE or any game engine as a matter of a fact. Since the game is called Train Sim WORLD, it would be better than the game was much more of a connected world of railways, rather than just separate railways that are each contained in their own DLC. Think of TruckersMP where you've got the whole of Europe to explore alongside a huge network of others, however in TSW2 MP you'd have each country with their own servers, some countries could be combined but I have no idea what scale is possible, whilst maintaining the detail.

Now for the money-making part so DTG can actually make this all possible and make both sides happy. So obviously I'm going to suggest paid-for cosmetics, but there are many ways of doing it. There could be a season pass where you get in cab decorations, character customisation, train liveries the more you progress through that pass. Another way of doing it is that there's just a simple cosmetic store for all this. Maybe there could be a loot system, loot hoppers that give you random cosmetics of different rarities, this could open up opportunities for trading. The list could go on and on because there are just so many ways that it can be done.

To conclude, I'd just like TSW2 to be a whole new game to TSW2020 and TS Classic, where I'm not having to spend crazy amounts of money every month to maintain replay-ability. I personally think that the player-base could grow a lot more if TSW2 became much more affordable because the huge list of £24.99 DLC is what is pushing people away from even buying the game. Multiplayer isn't even necessary for this to happen, but TSW2 should live up to its name more and become that breath of fresh air again that I felt years ago. Thank you for reading, I'd love some feedback below as well as other ideas!

• Like Like x 2