PC A New German Route? The Niddertalbahn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Aug 16, 2022.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There's a 204 scenario where you pull a short freight the length of the MSB route.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Honestly, that feels like the kind of thing that would be in some of the newer timetable modes. Bremen Oldenburg for example has some more runs with shunters, in the form of yard transfers in Bremen. Perhaps we'll see a similar service or two with the 363 for this one, I could see it work I think.

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That can work and look for the other German routes they tend to use anything older and newer their release. Excellent example of this is how the last German route Bremen Oldenburg changes Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen Rhein Ruhr Osten & Main Spessart Bahn selected services get a DB Baureihe 110.3 or Pressnitztalbahn Baureihe 155

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

but those changes are only substitution, not new layers. And substitution often works automatically, that is why the BR 110.3 needed to get the door controls for Dostos, as it substituted automatically there, if they did not do that, people would complain, that the older routes broke, as then AI-trains with BR 110.3 could not open doors, and hence AI trains would just stop at stations and not depart anymore.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

The front has been revised again and in my opinion it now looks perfect:
    - The front window is now a good 15 cm wider
    - and the ZZA has lost 5 cm in height.

All that's missing is a good sound and I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle.

New pics from (source/link):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Can't really do much about sound since tsg does not have original recordings. He said he's working on the interior sounds to make it sound like a 628 but he only can do soo much since he doesn't have real recordings. Still gonna be happy with this dlc regardless

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The sound might end up a bit jarring depending on what Maik does with it but the 3D model looks perfect.

8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Train looks amazing!
    Only questionable thing with the model/textures is the wiper imprint on the windscreen for me. Even if it‘s like that in real life (which I really don’t believe, it looks very artificial), I think it would be acceptable to remove it from the virtual version for better visibility. It is very prominent from the cab view, as seen in the gameplay preview.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

Query for Maik Goltz: have you/are you making period PIS displays? The modern blue ones would of course be all wrong.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  10. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’m starting to feel like we could see a release in the coming weeks. At the very least, it seems like Niddertalbahn will be the next route we get.

The DTG Linke Rheinstrecke and Steam routes still had significant parts of unfinished scenery and textures when we saw them a few weeks ago, and Skyhook weren’t even ready to show off more than a teaser screenshot of their route. Additionally, getting the Niddertalbahn finished in late February to early March seemed to be the plan at least a few weeks ago when Maik stated he wanted to resume work on the DB BR 420 loco DLC in March. We might get the Rivet Games West Cornwall steam DLC before that, but predicting the launch date of that pack is very difficult because we don’t know if they’ve restarted work on it yet or are still committed to fixing Edinburgh-Glasgow.

Nonetheless, it’s worth keeping on eye on that Friday livestream next week. They don’t usually do stream on that day, so I’m thinking this might be a DLC preview and will be revealed after the announcement is made early next week.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The Niddertalbahn may initially only have one BR628 railcar unit, but there is still a lot of potential for the future. Apart from the BR218, railtours with steam locomotives can also be placed here. Unfortunately, we will not see any freight traffic, as it is not a classic freight train route and there are no industrial sidings. But you can enjoy the landscape at a leisurely pace and commute from station to station. Glauburg Stockheim station used to have a roundhouse with a turntable, it may have been there in 1993, as it has now been shut down and dismantled. So in the past there was a lot more going on here. A particular highlight could also be the line crossings and the transfer stations in Bad Vilbel and in Nidderau. So it will definitely be exciting on the Niddertalbahn! ;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  12. rennekton#1349

628. And regarding the railtours with steam locos, I don't think the current uk steam locomotives would be appropriate in Germany.

13. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I am sure he meant German steam locos, but we don't have them yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...of course I didn't mean UK steamers! ;) There are a lot of German steam locos waiting to be implemented in 3D. Unfortunately there are too few developers and those who are there are packed from top to bottom and are working at full capacity. I had a poster from the Training Center in mind. This locomotive would also go very well with the Tharandter Rampe.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

We got the trophies for the Niddertalbahn on Playstation, which means the release date will be in the next couple of weeks.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

I assume that there will be another bundle for this and the Mainz Koblenz route. Tropys are now available for both and the 628 has layers for Mainz Koblenz. So that's a good opportunity for another bundle.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

where are the trophies for Mainz Koblenz?
    And where did you get the information that the 628 will get layers?

18. Lamplight

On Playstation.

19. Swisstrains

thx!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lamplight

No problem! :)

21. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The layers were confirmed by a developer on the TSC Discord, he also stated AI from Mainz-Koblenz would appear on Niddertalbahn.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Swisstrains

perfect, sounds like these are gonna be very good :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. Xander1986

The 103 is one off the most iconic locos that has build in western europe so i hope this will come soon!

• Like Like x 3
  24. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely correct because the last station Bad Vilbel is shared with that route and the electrified Main Weser Bahn

25. GTAGamer245

GTAGamer245 Well-Known Member

What are the trophies for Mainz - Koblenz? I'm on Xbox.

26. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Damn, that's quick. I expected a longer wait for this route. But happy to hear it is getting closer to release. Hope it will be good.

• Like Like x 1
  27. rennekton#1349

28. Xander1986

DTG is very careful with unfinished content so for me it was clear that this project is nearly finished. DTG didn't share content that's in very early stages to prevent expectations for a close release. it was for me more a surprise what they did on the festival of rail with 3rd party content to give a sneak peak.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

For me, the biggest surprise was the Peak Forest screenshot with it's untextured viaduct. DTG previously showed train models without textures (usually they were pink), but I don't think they're ever shown objects without textures in teasers. In development articles about signaling, sure, but not in reveals.
    I hope we get more of that in the future, it's interesting to see the creation process and how the routes get made.

Anyway, back to Niddertalbahn :D

30. Swisstrains

definitely!
    But also I might be the only German who thinks that the Br101 is cooler than the Br103 XD

• Like Like x 1
  31. Xander1986

I can understand you're choice but the body of the 103 is way more better than the 101.... The inner part of the 101 is a step better for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Swisstrains

sure! But I do like the look of the Br101 better :D

• Like Like x 1
  33. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I feel like each German express loco has their very own charm. The 103 is just pure elegance, and an insane amount of power with conventional technology pushed to it's limit. The BR 120 (my personal favourite) is an unsung hero and the grandfather of all modern locomotives. The BR 101 did what it was supossed to do (be it with some initial software issues, but that's not unique), running well over a thousand kilometers in a day for nearly 30 years straight, and extending the life of loco hauled services into the 21st century. You can even lump the BR 110 which was a huge step forward and stood well above the other 'einheitsloks' in speed and in the case of the streamlined ones, even in looks.

Each of those locos has a very interesting developement history, and all of them have impressive performance for their respective times. Look-wise elegance surely dropped after the BR 103, but the BR 120s and 101s utilitarian and effecient designs have the charm of understatement going for them.

• Like Like x 6
  34. Swisstrains

you right! But personally I really think that the Br103 is not that beautiful; it does look like a bean on wheels to me :D

35. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Agree, That's what I think whenever I see the BR 103

• Like Like x 1
  36. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

Blasphemy!

There's only one German loco cooler than the 103, and thats the V200!

By the way, I think it officially counts as a crime against humanity that we still don't have an accurate V200 for either Train Simulator Classic or TSW.... yes, I know there's one in the European Loco Pack for TSC, but that's a simplified model without working PZB or SIFA.

Anyone? Maik? We need some serious vintage twin engine diesel power!

• Like Like x 13
  37. Lamplight

What horrendous blasphemy I have to torture my eyes with here! Unspeakable! :D

In all seriousness, I agree with jolojonasgames that all of them have their own charme. Love the curves of the E 18/E 10/ E 03, appreciate the heritage of the Br 120 and its utalitarian design, the 101 is a pure workhorse to me - nothing special about it but it gets the job done.

Oh, heck yeah, sign me up! What a beauty she is… :)

• Like Like x 7
  38. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Worth noting the Niddertalbahn apparently won’t make its scheduled release date because the scenery is still being worked on, among other things. Source: TSC Discord

• Like Like x 1
  39. driverwoods#1787

How about E19 locomotive and here's it's Wikipedia description English . Same article in German

• Like Like x 1
  40. Lamplight

41. driverwoods#1787

It's a classic electric locomotive and was designed to do 180 kmh operation making it suited for IC and D-Zug services before the DB BR103 1960s. Which makes it suited as a Linke Rheinstrecke Museum train

42. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Given the symbolic on the front that seems to be a part of it, and the history about the incident in the museum, better not have that one in the game.

43. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

E03 (BR103) and V200 are icons and pretty much the most beautiful and elegant (along with the VT11.5) of the German railway industry. Everything after that was functional, more or less quite presentable (BR120 for example), but that's about it. We don't even want to talk about today's modern locomotive, it has nothing to do with elegance.

A BR101 is a pure workhorse, it may still look sleek, but it's not really pretty either. Nevertheless, I prefer any 101 with a wagon train to an ICE.

My opinion. ^^

• Like Like x 8
  44. Lamplight

Well, the E 19s worked well into the Bundesbahn era - obviously without then outdated insignias on the front. See here, for example:
    upload_2023-3-1_20-20-51.jpeg
    Source

It’s not necessarily their history, why I wouldn’t include them. In that case, we could never get Br 52s or E 94s, both workhorses well into the Bundesbahn era. Rather, I wouldn’t release them in TSW because they were always 2+2 (4 engines - 2 built for 2 designs each) oddballs that never quite fit in anywhere.

E 18s or E 10s are way more representative of high class trains before the 103. The E 19s were always outsiders (at least after 1945). Going by your terms, I’d say the E 18 is classic while the E 19 is an interesting off-shoot mostly forgotten at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Oh ! In that case, I change my mind. Reading up on them, they are some very special locomotives.

46. Lamplight

Absolutely. I’ve looked into them quite a bit because of my love for old electric locos. They were truly pushing the envelope back then and it’s impressive what these locos could do with the technology of the time.

I certainly wouldn’t mind having them in TSW, but they were essentially just 4 prototypes for a series production that never came. Personally speaking, I’d rather have the E 18 instead.

• Like Like x 1
  47. driverwoods#1787

Thanks and I do see the E18 & E19 as Museum trains on LFR while VT98 & VT95 run Niddertalbahn. I do remember an E18 Set in DR East Germany produced by Marklin that can be its alt paint scheme. So is the one in the Picture in TSC E18 ran RSN

48. solicitr

The E19s had been retired by the late 1970s. The E 18s, however, soldiered on into 1987 - but still too early for either of these 90s routes.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

The symbol on the front can be counted as controversial, but what 'incident in the museum' are we talking about here ?

50. solicitr

"However, the museum management had the locomotive removed from the museum because in 2011 a Greek police officer had his picture taken in front of it giving a Nazi salute. Since then, the E 19 has been parked inaccessible to the public in a depot at the Nuremberg marshalling yard"