PC A Public Bug Tracker Would Benefit Us All (poll)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rudolf, Apr 26, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

In one of the latest dev streams Matt encourages us to report issues. He told that all issues are tracked using Jira. Jira is a well known planning tool for development teams, but it is not very suitable to communicate with a larger community.

The present way of working has a number of disadvantages:
    1. Feedback on reported issues is very limited.
    2. For DTG it is an expensive process to have customer service analysing bugs and the pass them on.
    3. The priority of solving issues is determined inside DTG only, where the decisions made are completely not transparent.
    4. Because we have no idea what is done with our feedback, bug reporting is split over forums
    5. We miss the opportunity to help DTG in analysing the issues.

I propose to create a web location where issues can be reported in a more systematic way. We can search if somebody already reported the issue, we can vote for issues by confirming the occur, we can provide additional details, we can vote for priorities in solving issues and DTG can manage our expectations by making clear what will be solved and what not. I am quite sure that once the content editing tools are available, we can also provide possible solutions and discuss them. I think this would be very valuable.

The DTG customer service can act as moderator for this web site instead of analysing each individual issue.

• Like Like x 3