A Question About Eras

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Feb 24, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m slightly confused. When asked about, for example, electric trains on GWE, the response is usually that it is set in 2015 so we need to reflect that period and have no plans to change it.

However, we are now getting the Western Glory pack which features old trains in BR Blue livery specifically for GWE when these would not have run on this route in 2015.

In addition, Rivet Games are developing 1938 stock for the Bakerloo line, which is set in the modern era. Although this is a 3rd party developer, presumably they need to adhere to DTG policy.

Whilst I would welcome the opportunity to drive these (particularly the Bakerloo stock), these releases seem to go against the answers previously given with regard to sticking with the era in which the route is set.

• Like Like x 3
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think the 70's pack is a compromise to give a flavour of the 70's without having to create a new route. An idea which despite some reservations about the route being more modern, I support. Although I hope this isn't going to be DTG's answer every time they decide to create something more historic!

However they can't even get the 70's feel right with the stock they have chosen.

3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think the 70's pack is a compromise to give a flavour of the 70's without having to create a new route. An idea which despite some reservations about the route being more modern, I support. Although I hope this isn't going to be DTG's answer every time they decide to create something more historic!

However they can't even get the 70's feel right with the stock they have chosen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Personally, I don’t get why people are so fussed about “it’s the wrong era” therefore we can’t have 800s for example. If it’s 387s from Paddington to Reading, sure that would be silly because there’s no overheads beyond Hayes but there’s no reason why 800s can’t come because they can switch to diesel model at Hayes. (Of course, they can have 387s or 345s terminating into the bay platform at Hayes). I’m not really bothered if it doesn’t fit the era- and a couple of years into the future is hardly a different era and is still pretty realistic because there was a period of 2 years where 387s/80x worked in harmony with the HSTs/turbos.