A Seasonal Addition To Tsw 3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Asheix, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

I wonder whether the idea of having seasonal events like Easter, Halloween, and Christmas could be added to the game in the same capacity as GTA V Online. It might not be usual, but I think it could add some more life to the game rather than having the same old thing all through the year.

These periods of time could see temporary decorations at stations and once the season ends, the decorations, scenery, and seasonal passenger clothing disappear to how it usually is.

Easter: Spring, bright sunny days, easter eggs on the platforms.
    Halloween: Dark days, pumpkins, bats, ghosts and maybe passengers dressed up
    Christmas: Snow, Christmas trees, gifts, lights and passengers dressed up in winter clothing and a few Santa hats, and a Santa Special steam service.

These are merely examples of what could be featured, and maybe finalize other options with a community poll to see what should be included as the game has a global reach.

• Like Like x 4
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Talking about Once an year or selectable through the menu depending on what month it is?

3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a great idea to be honest but if they were to do something like this it would have to be optional as this would absolutely kill immersion as I have never seen Christmas trees or pumpkins on the platform of any station before.

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'm not against the idea but I do think there's things we need in-game which should come before this.

5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

UFO crash site on Cathcart Circle to name an immersion killer worse than this suggestion..

• Like Like x 1
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They can't even get Bidstack working properly so doubt they could cause seasonal items to appear then disappear!

7. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

To be honest I haven't done any mastery stuff on Cathcart so I haven't seen that monstrosity, though a UFO does sound like an absolute killer!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

It’s horrible, but if you don’t turn it on, you’ll never see it.

I don’t mind the idea of seasonal stuff so long as it’s optional. Rivet’s Christmas pack for Arosa was fun and kept me busy for a couple of days and yet that was pretty unrealistic.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

I love the idea of this. That would be nice to see.