Dovetail Games A Speedster Unrivalled

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Apr 5, 2024.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

2. DrTrenchcoat

DrTrenchcoat Well-Known Member

I'm not a massive fan of having the included scenarios all be part of an excursion, but given we lack both era and location appropriate routes it seems like probably the best compromise we could get, the coaches look lovely though.

3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Agreed, the texturing in the coaches is beautiful. It's going to be interesting to see how much it costs on Steam - it's already been out for a while, and on their website it costs just over £14. I expect the price on Steam to be £14.99 which would mean you'd be slightly better off buying it on their website, although since the existing version is DRM-free I'd rather have that one. Interestingly, Caledonia Works contributed to the pack, but I don't know what or how much they helped out.

4. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

It is intimated it has some improved detailing. I have the original from Machine Rail and am quite happy with it. The coach detailing is the best I have seen. The included scenarios are of a 1959 excursion on the Boston and Albany with no backdating. I assume you will need the B&A to run these? This seems a trend is developing. Licensing existing 3rd party dlc and fluffing it up and re releasing it. It helps the small developer plus fast tracks a development for a faster release. The ICRR Mikado and the Frisco T-54 were licensed previously. The Mikado with added rolling stock and scenarios from Machine Rail.
    EDIT: Additional information.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1