A Very Simple Request For Journey Mode...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hightower, Nov 17, 2019.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

There is an issue with journey mode right now that would benefit from a simple fix.

Using MSB & the Class 31 as examples of the issue, at least one of the services in journey mode on MSB can’t be completed due to a bug, meaning the journey has to be done out of order as a consequence (for now, let’s assume the bugs can’t be fixed). With the Class 31 DLC you will very likely want to complete the 31 journey (being the new DLC) before the others.

Using the examples above, the current journey mode logic is that when you have completed a journey service, the next service available under the ‘continue journey’ tab is always the one that can’t be completed (on MSB) or the Class 37 introduction (in the case of the Class 31). To put it another way, on the Peninsula Corridor route, if you started the freight journey without having completed the whole passenger journey first, each time you did a freight service and ‘continued the journey’, it would load up the last uncompleted passenger service, which is a PITA.

Having to click back to the main menu to get the next sequential service is a faff, and I assume exactly the opposite of what the new menu UI was trying to achieve.

I’d simply request that the next suggested journey under ‘continue journey’ is always the one next in the sequence from the one you have just completed, rather than jumping however far back to the last uncompleted service on the list.

Not the easiest thing to describe but I hope that makes some sense! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 3