A1 Train Headon At ''stormy Night'' Germany.

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Norm, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Norm

Norm New Member

Hi , In Germany/stormy night scenario.I am approaching WEILHEIM GLEIS under clear signals running approx one minute late and a train is leaving the station heading for me CRASH!!! Couldn't avoid collision.can anyone help.Much appreciated because it's at the end of the scenario Cheers.Norm

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you tell us the route we could have a look but not much to go on as there are about 15 different German Routes in this game - maybe more

Peter

3. Norm

Norm New Member

Hi Peter.Thank's for answering I see you answer a lot of queries. Well all I can tell you is the route is from

4. Norm

Norm New Member

Sorry about the cutoff Peter.
    All I can tell you is it's Munich to Garmisch and driving a BR426 Emu to TUTZING via WEILHEIM (OBERLEY) Gleis 1 and a train is approaching in the opposite direction and I have clear signals to enter WEILHEIM.
    Cheers Norm.
    ps tried to copy a picture but unsuccesful Maybe you could tell me how to download a picture into this reply cheers.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

At the bottom right of where you are replying is Upload a File click on that and pick the picture you took

Back to the scenario - run it again and have a look in the 2D map, 9, and it should show you the name of the train that runs in to you.
    If it does it again it will need editing but it might have been a glitch last time

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  6. Norm

Norm New Member

Hi Peter.I will have a look at it again and let you know.I have run the scenario a few times and it was OK,It's only recently started doing it.
    This picture was taken off snipping tool.How do I download a picture from my STEAM Library collection.Thank's so far for your help.Cheers

Attached Files:

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you take a Picture by pushing the Camera Button in the Scenario it saves a Picture on to your Computer
    In your Steam Client click on Steam in the top left corner
    In the box that pops up you have In Game on the left side - click on that and on the right hand side it says Screenshot folder
    Click on that and it should say where the pictures are stored on your computer

Peter

8. Norm

Norm New Member

Hi Peter, Please see pictures below,might help you help me.
    1. 2D of the layout approaching Weilheim with two opposing trains.
    2. second before headon
    3. aftermath of collision.It hurts.:(
    ts2020 2Dshot layout Weilheim 1.JPG ts2020 headon Weilheim 1.JPG ts2020 headon aftermath Weilheim 1.JPG ts2020 2Dshot layout Weilheim 1.JPG ts2020 headon Weilheim 1.JPG ts2020 headon aftermath Weilheim 1.JPG

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I just ran the scenario in Fast mode and nothing went wrong.
    It would be possible to edit the scenario so the 23.32 from Munich to Garmish did not hit you but you would not get points as this is a Career Scenario and you are not allowed to modify them as it's considered Cheating by the system

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  10. Norm

Norm New Member

Now you are drawing me in Peter. I would like to know if you can possibly explain it how I can edit the scenario and how can I run the scenario in fast mode as you did?
    I used to do heaps in Microsoft's train simulator in the old days.
    Hope you don't mind me using you and thank's again for your interest.Cheers Norm

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Having started the game I first went in to Build then to Scenarios and came down the list to Munchen to Garmisch and found the scenario.
    Highlight it and Click Edit when the scenario appears go to the top of the page and click on the Map icon, white with orange arrow.
    sc 1b.jpg
    When you click on it grab the map with either mouse button and move it down the screen until you reach Weilheim
    Then click on the Timetable Icon which is on the top box on the left - it looks white with a red quarter
    sc 1a.jpg
    When you click on it the Player train appears with a (P) after it's name. Using the Drop Down Menu change to the 23.32 Munich - Garmisch.
    sc 2a.jpg Click in the empty box to the left of each location from After Weilheim to Oberau Gleis 1 leaving the last entry in place.
    Click on the Bin icon - second in on the Top Row and it will delete all the ones highlighted.
    Where it shows a Blue Square and an Orange Arrow Portal Kainzenbad click on that and Change it to Portal Peissenberg
    sc 3a.jpg
    Click OK at the bottom and then click on the Play arrow when the main Screen appears
    It will ask if you wish to save changes and you say Yes.

Now if the train leaves early from Weilheim it is going down a different route to you

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  12. Norm

Norm New Member

Just read your message Peter and it's midnight so I'll have a good look tomorrow and thank's heaps mate.Cheers Norm.:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Norm

Norm New Member

Hi Peter, update, I followed your very clear instructions to the letter.Got right down to "Portal Peissenberg"
    clicked OK and tried the scenario. Same crash. Did this three times but same result. Must have been something I did
    wrong after clicking the OK.What do you think?Cheers Norm.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It should not crash as the train departs Weilheim on a different route?
    Have a look in the Scenario and see where it shows the 23.32 from Munich to Garmish terminates.
    If it has not changed then go to Build and Clone the Scenario and just work on that version making the same changes as above.

If you enjoyed changing things in MSTS you might get a liking of how this part works :)

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  15. Norm

Norm New Member

Peter, had a go at the clone copy,no good.I failed to mention that when I click the OK button I get
    a message "Warning save disabled" dumb me, can you help with this?Cheers Norm.

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The route lock might be on.
    Go in to Build then on the first tab find Munich to Garmisch and click Edit
    When the route opens you are in the middle of nowhere and in the bottom right corner is a Padlock.
    If it shows locked click on it and it will unlock.
    Press the orange Play button - bottom right and it saves.
    Use the Keyboard Esc button to exit from the route
    Then go in to Build again and under scenarios find the Stormy night and Clone it.
    If that works edit the Cloned version as above.

Peter

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Norm

Norm New Member

Hi Peter, opened the lock and edited the scenario as a clone and ran the train.worked fine.Actually finished the route and got a gold medal but obviously didn't register on my career which I accept.
    Now I did the same thing with the original but still got the warning "save disabled" Think maybe I can't change the original eh?Anyway thank's for your help.I'm in Sydney NSW Australia by the way.Cheers.Norm.

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Hi Norm,
    Changing the original files is not allowed as the system thinks you are cheating even though you are not amending the player train.
    Glad you got in to the editing of things and when you play Standard Scenarios you can change other things like the loco working the train.

I'm in Manchester UK and 11 hours behind :)

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  19. Norm

Norm New Member

Well there you go, I was born in Ashton-Under-Lyne.Came out when I was 17 on my own in 1959.Gives the age game away doesn't it?Thank's for all your help and I will continue to read your help to others here.Cheers.Norm.:D

• Like Like x 1