Aachen --> Köln: Slowed Down By Signals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I tried a few timetable services from Aachen to Köln, but in all of them I was only able to drive at 250km/h for a short distance, before being slowed down by caution/danger signals. I don't know what it's holding me up, and it may be realistic, but I don't find it really enjoyable. Would be more fun to be able to actualy go high-speed for a decent amount of time. Anyone else experiencing similar things?

Pretty much all the Aachen --> Köln services I ran go similar to this video. Can do 250km/h for a short while before LZB slows me down.

2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Towards Koln you're always following a Talent 2 service, hence LZB slowing you down.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Might be realistic, but IMO not really enjoyable. Especially when it happens on every timetable service.

4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Max permitted speed along Köln-Aachen (schnellfahrstrecke/highspeed) route is 250km/h. If you like to run up to 300km/h (or above) then switch off PZB and LZB. I suppose, always in real life, German trains can overpass the 160km/h only along the LZB sectors. In Köln-Aachen we got the LZB sector only between Köln and Düren. I dont know if this happen also in the real Köln-Aachen or if it's a strategical choice of DTG to give us a more immersive experience to switching between PZB and LZB and vice versa. But for sure, also in the real life, the ICE services run between Köln and Aachen in about 35 minutes, exactly like in TSW2.

ICE ticket HERE

With the German Preserved Collection (and new) locos/trains this line will become more enjoyable/realistic for sure.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

I've done all the ICE timetable services and the eastbound timetable run to Köln invariably is slowed by yellows and reds because you are behind a Regio. But running west towards Aachen on the timetable you can run the max with greens all the way. I found it enjoyable, anyway.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

That's correct, Alexandra - I can acknowledge that :)
    Besides: I think you can set up a scenario for the opposite directions without AI passing around to try out

• Like Like x 2
  7. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I for one would not want DTG to modify the timetable scenarios to become less realistic (I'd rather prefer the opposite). I think this is better left for users to achieve in the scenario editor.

• Like Like x 6
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I second that. We are asking for more services in timetable and more realism and now people want them to reduce the realism again, it is getting out of hand. The scenario editor is perfectly suited to build a service that ignores realism. Add some S Bahn, regios and 185.2 trains going the other direction then you also have more to spot as well.

• Like Like x 5